Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Shuriken cutter
SmokeyJoe 09:16 PM 07-28-2011
I don't NEED it...

I don't WANT it...

I would probably NEVER use it...

But I will probably have one before the end of the year. :-)

This hobby treads on the threshold of obsession, methinks.
:-)

[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:30 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
It could have been Bruce's greatest motion picture : "Enter the Icehog"
:-):-)
[Reply]
hscmit 07:43 AM 07-29-2011
gimmick
[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:56 AM 07-29-2011
Great! :-)

It could have been Bruce's greatest motion picture : "Enter the Icehog"

Battling Bruce with a variety of cutters and massive biceps. :-)
That sounds dirty :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 10:37 AM 07-29-2011
Man, I've been using one of these since I was in high school...
[Reply]
nofeardiver 10:44 AM 07-29-2011
Looks cool, i am not even going to comment on the nub comments, that is one of my favorite cigars, and enjoy them weekly... If you havent had one i dont think you should knock it, but hey to each there own smoke what you like...
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:48 AM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by nofeardiver:
Looks cool, i am not even going to comment on the nub comments, that is one of my favorite cigars, and enjoy them weekly... If you havent had one i dont think you should knock it, but hey to each there own smoke what you like...

I too love the NUB maduro, just saying.

I do like to see people reinventing the wheel though, keeps it interesting. Even if it isn't the greatest idea. I'm not gonna buy one of these but I say keep the ideas rolling in.
[Reply]
T.G 11:01 AM 07-29-2011
[Reply]
GodOfFire 11:10 AM 07-29-2011
I don't NEED it...

I don't WANT it...

I would probably NEVER use it...

But I will probably have one before the end of the year. :-)

This hobby treads on the threshold of obsession, methinks.

Joe,

I smile every single time I see comments like this from you. Next time I'm in NC we have GOT to herf together!
[Reply]
Doctorossi 12:23 PM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by aaron72:
I'm a bit surprised how most people don't even want to give it a try.

Everyone's saying 'I've already got something that does the job'... Well, I certainly had no problem finding a way to light a cigar before torch-flame lighters hit the market, but I wouldn't trade my torch-flame lighter for anything. Yes, good cigar cutters exist (the Palio is great), but that just means the challenge now isn't to find 'the only way', but to find 'a better way'.

Anybody ever skeptical of a specially-shaped wine or whisky glass?

... and then you tried one.
[Reply]
Trkdrvremt 12:25 PM 07-29-2011
I'm willing to give a try.......:-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:30 PM 07-29-2011
I've been using the X-acto cutter in my pencil jar on my desk. Amazingly enough, it makes the best cut I've ever found. I think they're 8 bucks, blades are replaceable, and they work great for opening cigar boxes without wrecking the seals.
I only do this because I don't know where any of my cutters are. There's one in the car, but I'm not going out there to get it.

Behold la'innovaccionne!!!

[Reply]
shilala 12:31 PM 07-29-2011
It matches my keyboard, which is also incredibly badass. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 01:13 PM 07-29-2011
Not fixing what isn't broken...I'm sticking with my guillotine.
[Reply]
bevo 02:28 PM 07-29-2011
I have used one of these cutters for about four months. In hindsight, every cigar cut with a guillotine, a punch, or a v-cut, has been waste.

I cut about three cigars before I got the hang of it. Now, when I pull out a 50 or bigger, I reach for this cutter instead of a guillotine or a punch.

I do not smoke anything under 50 so I cannot tell you how cigars with different cuts compare.

I can taste a difference though. The six slits provide a cooler, more even draw compared to the guillotine. Unlike the punch, I can smoke any 50 or wider cigar down to about a half an inch without losing any taste or suffering tar issues.

Side note: with the six blade cutter or the punch, I have never had a tar problem. I guess I am lucky.

As to the enthusiasts who use Xcto knives, more power to you. My hands are not steady enough nor do have I have the patience to wield such an instrument to cut a cigar. Instead, I will use my six blade cutter to achieve a potentially similar effect.
[Reply]
CueTheMusic 02:32 PM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by bevo:
I have used one of these cutters for about four months. In hindsight, every cigar cut with a guillotine, a punch, or a v-cut, has been waste.

I cut about three cigars before I got the hang of it. Now, when I pull out a 50 or bigger, I reach for this cutter instead of a guillotine or a punch.

I do not smoke anything under 50 so I cannot tell you how cigars with different cuts compare.

I can taste a difference though. The six slits provide a cooler, more even draw compared to the guillotine. Unlike the punch, I can smoke any 50 or wider cigar down to about a half an inch without losing any taste or suffering tar issues.

Side note: with the six blade cutter or the punch, I have never had a tar problem. I guess I am lucky.

As to the enthusiasts who use Xcto knives, more power to you. My hands are not steady enough nor do have I have the patience to wield such an instrument to cut a cigar. Instead, I will use my six blade cutter to achieve a potentially similar effect.
hmm... :-)
[Reply]
poker 02:59 PM 07-29-2011
I'll stick with what I know works. Palio
[Reply]
Doctorossi 03:03 PM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by poker:
I'll stick with what I know works. Palio
... because, lord knows, trying this out on an el cheap-o stick to see if it might actually improve the experience of every cigar you smoke in the future would cost what... $3 and 20 minutes of your time?

Clearly not worth the investment!

[Reply]
poker 03:27 PM 07-29-2011
Well, considering I own 6 Palios that work just fine in my opinion, I dont see a need to look further.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:47 PM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by bevo:

So, how long have you worked for the company? :-)

Out of curiousity, why would you say every cigar you ever cut with another cutter was a waste?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up