Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>what to do with old boxes??
Darrell 07:49 PM 11-23-2008
I burn them in the fire place.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 07:51 PM 11-23-2008
I've recovered a few for my kids to use as pencil boxes at school . The rest are all sitting in a pile in my basement . Some have tools of some sort in them but most are empty . Just can't bring my self to destroy or thow them out .
[Reply]
ahc4353 08:06 PM 11-23-2008
Thanks for the laugh John that was perfect!

Originally Posted by papajohn67:
I place my empty boxes under my pillow and wait for the Cigar Fairy to leave me a new fresh box.........honest.

[Reply]
hotreds 08:08 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
I place my empty boxes under my pillow and wait for the Cigar Fairy to leave me a new fresh box.........honest.
And?......
[Reply]
papajohn67 08:53 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by hotreds:
And?......
I'm still waitung. 250 + boxes under one pillow sure makes it damn hard to sleep at night.
[Reply]
acruce 07:07 PM 11-24-2008
My kids like to put baseball cards and crayons in them.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 09:19 PM 11-24-2008
it sure sounds like several of you guys are either throwing away a lot of boxes or letting them collect dust! if none of you wanna get rid of some instead of burning/trashing them, shoot me a PM and I'll take em! I have a ton of boxes around the house that I use for different art/decorative projects, and I'd be willing to work out some sort of trade w/ someone.

Jason
[Reply]
TomHagen 10:17 PM 11-24-2008
Don't burn 'em...

I have re-lined a humidor with cedar Tatuaje, Padron & Coronado boxes.

I give the dress boxes to my kids for their matchbox cars.
(cigarbox cars:-))

I use them for shipping sometimes.

I use them to occupy space or add cedar to other humis.

Storage.

and more...

I usually just keep the beautiful ones and the cedar ones.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 10:24 PM 11-24-2008
PM back at ya, Tom! :-)

Jason
[Reply]
Fumador 10:39 AM 11-25-2008
Make cigar box guitars, basses and other stringed instruments and start a band. Do they have any other use?
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 12:39 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by Fumador:
Make cigar box guitars, basses and other stringed instruments and start a band. Do they have any other use?
I've actually considered doing this. I'm not musician, but living in the city that gave birth to the Father of the Blues, who also made his own cigar box guitar, it seems appropriate that I do so. I've studied up a bit on this, and I'll be sure and post pics if it's a project I'm willing to devote some time to.

Jason
[Reply]
Drat 01:14 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
it sure sounds like several of you guys are either throwing away a lot of boxes or letting them collect dust! if none of you wanna get rid of some instead of burning/trashing them, shoot me a PM and I'll take em! I have a ton of boxes around the house that I use for different art/decorative projects, and I'd be willing to work out some sort of trade w/ someone.

Jason
Me as well. With a 5 and a 3 year old, you can never have too many craft supplies.

Feel free to send them to me full :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:19 PM 11-25-2008
Make stuff...

Actually, see Scott Shilala!!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up