Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Partagas....
pektel 09:59 AM 08-31-2011
I've ordered a lot of stuff from CI. Never had any complaints, other than the humidity. I just let the boxes/bundles/fivers sit out on top of the humi for a good week.

Can't say anything for the Partagas NC. Can't remember them being HORRIBLE, can't remember any draw issues. But then again, I've only smoked a couple NC Partagas. Definitely not enough to make a blanket judgement about the line.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:16 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti:
I got a great buy from CI, not knowing their reputation, which, so far as I read here, stems only from selling over-humidified products. What else makes them so bad that some advocate not doing business with them?

Be that as it may, The box I bought from them, $39.00 for a box of 20 Cuba Libre churchills, were wet. I only let them sit in my humidor for three days
and smoked one, and the burn imploded: the draw remained but had little effect on burning the cigar; instead the wrapper turned black all around it, with a small amount of smoke.

The happy ending is that I smoked one today and both the burn and the taste were good.
They have shipped me out broken hygrometers 3 times. The humidor they shipped me had a leak in the bottom and the whole bottom molded out. They response was "tough $hit it's past the XX day warranty". My response was :-)

They lost a customer because every shipment I got had a problem in some way. They shipped me a humi-care jar (yeah I was a noob) with the $hit spilled all over. What a mess.

3 for 3 with bad shipments, I refuse to deal with them anymore. They could be giving away free boxes and I would still tell them to :-)

They never correct any of their problems and love telling you your purchases were past any return or refund date.

No reason to give them any business.

Buy from Cigarsatyourprice.com. Prices are usually cheaper and better service.
[Reply]
T.G 10:25 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
They have shipped me out broken hygrometers 3 times. The humidor they shipped me had a leak in the bottom and the whole bottom molded out. They response was "tough $hit it's past the XX day warranty". My response was :-)

They lost a customer because every shipment I got had a problem in some way. They shipped me a humi-care jar (yeah I was a noob) with the $hit spilled all over. What a mess.

3 for 3 with bad shipments, I refuse to deal with them anymore. They could be giving away free boxes and I would still tell them to :-)

They never correct any of their problems and love telling you your purchases were past any return or refund date.

No reason to give them any business.

Buy from Cigarsatyourprice.com. Prices are usually cheaper and better service.

And CI turned me into a newt!

...but I got better.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:32 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
And CI turned me into a newt!

...but I got better.
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 10:53 AM 08-31-2011
Dang Bill I would tell them to :-) as well. Thanks for the recommendation