Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Biking
nofeardiver 12:19 PM 06-27-2011
wow those are sweet setup... dont have one personally but want one...
[Reply]
Sled Dog 12:48 PM 06-27-2011
I like to take a ride with the wife a couple times a week. (I live on a great bike trail so I have no excuse either). I need a comfortable seat, i'm not a real big guy (5'11 200lbs) but the seat that came on my Walmart special is NOT comfortable.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:22 PM 06-27-2011
My mom bought a bike for me at a yard sale and gave it to me a couple of months ago. Haven't used it much, but plan on getting on it while I'm out for the summer. It's a Schwinn World Sport.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:25 PM 06-27-2011

This is my bike, nothing great.
Rigid frame, Haro Flighline Comp
[Reply]
Wanger 02:07 PM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Does that jersey have a redskins logo on it?
Ha ha..no...UND Fighting Sioux! :-)

Originally Posted by E.J.:
LOVE getting out on the bike....doesn't matter, road(Madone 5.2) or dirt(BLT)...

Here is a post from an EPIC ride we did last year around the White Rim Trail...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...426#post861426

As far as tips.....RIDE, RIDE, RIDE....and wear a helmet...:-)
Nice rides, EJ!

And I second his advice. The kids get upset when I tell them to wear one every time they ride, but I do, so why shouldn't they?
[Reply]
imthegoal 03:29 PM 07-02-2011
Here is a picture of my ride. Trek Madone 5.1

On my ride on Wednesday got bit by a Great Dane. Was in the ER for about 4 hours and the damn thing bled for 2 days because they didnt want to stitch it.
[Reply]
Stogie ZM 07:35 PM 07-02-2011
Ya, did you get road bikes or mountain bikes? I ride road bikes mostly, and enjoy a walk with a stogie afterwards usually. If you are looking to increase your speed/distance, I would say change up the pace. Which ever type of bike you ride, if you mix in some "sprint" rides where you go a shorter distance but ride faster, the longer rides at an easier pace will feel like a breeze.

-Stogie ZM-
www.cigarwarehouse.com
[Reply]
E.J. 08:07 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by imthegoal:
Here is a picture of my ride. Trek Madone 5.1

On my ride on Wednesday got bit by a Great Dane. Was in the ER for about 4 hours and the damn thing bled for 2 days because they didnt want to stitch it.
Ouch...!

We have a 5.1 in the garage as well....:-)
[Reply]
Stogie ZM 10:46 AM 07-05-2011
Big Ouch! I hope you get better soon so you can get back to riding. You definitely have a nice set of wheels there. If you have all the computers you need to track speed, cadence, distance, time, etc, you will have no problems getting your distance up.

Live Strong!

Stogie ZM
www.cigarwarehouse.com
[Reply]
E.J. 01:25 PM 07-06-2011
Just changed out all the batteries in my computer(Sigma Rox 9.0), main unit, cadence & speed....it was harder than my ride into work....

Guess I should be pleased that the local Radio Shack had the batteries that I needed. Not even sure I needed them for the Cadence and Speed sensors, but figured I might as well get them changed out as well....
[Reply]
hammondc 01:39 PM 07-06-2011
Specialized Hardrock here.

[Reply]
E.J. 09:57 AM 07-16-2011
Just did this ride yesterday(mile 8 to 40) http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/36673022 It is such a fun way to get out and get a few miles in and a BEAUTIFUL ride....a little climbing, some fun descents....good stuff!

Pic from the top of climb 1(mile 12.9ish)...
[Reply]
boom 11:46 AM 07-16-2011
My 3G Cruiser....
[Reply]
RevSmoke 04:23 PM 07-16-2011
Do some riding - off and on road, much of it gravel trail riding. I don't do the double diamond stuff, just easy off-road. I have an old GT Outpost and it serves me well. Interestingly, I am thinking about a tandem bike for Pauline and myself. I am a bit put out by the cost of a car-top carrier though, as we would have to get it camping with us and then up north and... (you see what I mean).

Am not sure if I will pull the trigger or not. Anybody got suggestions on what is a good tandem?
[Reply]
imthegoal 06:26 AM 07-17-2011
I had Friday as an extra day off. I took this as an opportunity to get in a nice long ride in the morning. I am working up to a Century in September. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/99293603
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:38 AM 06-22-2012
Just bought an Assos Mille Jersey. Much better fit for me than the Prosline jersey's. Very high quality construction. Also bought Assos gloves which are really grippy and have no velcro to them. Takes some getting use to putting them on, but I like them.

I am sticking only with Assos from now on. Have had like 3 different bib shorts all bite the dust while my Assos bib's are still going strong 10 years later.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 09:23 AM 06-22-2012
I am a bicycle commuter in Seattle, live north of the city and bike 12 miles a day into downtown. I started a couple years ago and absolutely love it. I have been using my Raleigh mountain bike but am ready to make an upgrade. I'm most likely going to go with the Surly Long Haul Trucker, they have a new disc brake version out this year that I love. It's not the best commuter but I'm planning on getting into a little more touring and longer distance rides in the near future.

Anyone else have experience with Surly's?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:32 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Samsquanch:
Anyone else have experience with Surly's?
Seem like good values in the durable commuter/courier segment.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 09:59 AM 06-22-2012
just got back into riding. i have a marin bear valley se and a klein attitude XV.
[Reply]
gnbikes 10:15 AM 06-22-2012
Here are 2 of my custom steel bikes:
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~lksbks/index.html
G-
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up