< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Order in route
nofeardiver 10:12 AM 06-23-2011
very nice
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:13 AM 06-23-2011
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ht=news+letter

Haha, all you silly news letter guys!
Curiosity got the best of me so I found the above link.
[Reply]
Tyler 10:21 AM 06-23-2011
The first thing I would do when you get your humidors in though is season them. That way you can start putting your cigars in there. Until then I would store the cigars in a tupperware dish or something. I believe it should only take a few days to season those small humidors. Correct me if I am wrong fellas.

AND don't forget pictures of when you get it all set up.

:-)
[Reply]
Tyler 10:22 AM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ht=news+letter

Haha, all you silly news letter guys!
Curiosity got the best of me so I found the above link.
Well now you won't be a cool kid on the block and get one. :-)

Just kidding.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:25 PM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by Wallbright:
The first thing I would do when you get your humidors in though is season them. That way you can start putting your cigars in there. Until then I would store the cigars in a tupperware dish or something. I believe it should only take a few days to season those small humidors. Correct me if I am wrong fellas.

AND don't forget pictures of when you get it all set up.

:-)
Thanks, I actually have a small humidor my neighbor loaned me so I shouldn't need the tupperware.:-) My neighbor has really been a big help and influence on my new habbit.
[Reply]
Tyler 01:49 PM 06-23-2011
Thanks, I actually have a small humidor my neighbor loaned me so I shouldn't need the tupperware.:-) My neighbor has really been a big help and influence on my new habbit.
That's great that you have a BOTL so close that is guiding you in the right direction. I don't know about the rest of the guys here but when I first started smoking none of my friends smoked so I just started hanging out at the cigar shop trying to pickup on everything. My dad took me out for my first cigar and I didn't even cut it. I told him it tasted better that way. :-) What was I thinking? Haha

I am gad you have your neighbor to help you get started in this hobby/obsession of ours. :-)
[Reply]
Bax 02:58 PM 06-23-2011
I can tell you that the Warminster is just some cheap board with a Cherry finish. It's fine for dryboxing or keeping all your lighters and cutters together but it doesn't really keep RH very well. I wouldn't bother trying to keep any nice sticks in it.

Go ahead and invest in a nice cooler because you'll soon have those other humi's packed full:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:27 AM 06-24-2011
Next weeks order, what do you think? Are any of these any good?:

Man o' War Robusto 5r
John Bull Bulldog 5r
John Bull Britania 5r
Devils Weed Toro 5r
Cuba Libre One Churchill 5r
CAO VR Full Fathom Five 5r
CAO VR Convergence 5r
Cain Daytona by Oliva Double 5r
Devils Weed Queen Bess Churchill 5r
[Reply]
area51 06:00 AM 06-24-2011
Also look in humipacks...they sell 82% humidity just for seasoning...I don't know if I missed it, but was there a cutter on that list?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:15 AM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by area51:
Also look in humipacks...they sell 82% humidity just for seasoning...I don't know if I missed it, but was there a cutter on that list?
No, yet another item I missed. Damn, my needs are going to be never ending, huh? I have only been using a punch so far. I have used cutters before, but I love the clean punch hole. Is it better to use a cutter? I'm sure on torpedos its a must.
[Reply]
area51 06:47 AM 06-24-2011
Like many things in cigar smoking it all comes down to preference. Take your time and enjoy no need to rush. Check cigar monster through the day they always have cutters.
[Reply]
Apoco 08:33 AM 06-24-2011
I've used a pocket knife to cut a cigar before. The cutters will give you a cleaner cut, but are not absolutely 100% required.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:02 PM 06-24-2011
Heading home in two hours to see my equipment, feeling giddy!
Thanks for the input everybody!

I put a couple trash bags out and a note asking the driver to stick the boxes in the bags in case it rains. It did rain, I hope he is a cool driver.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:36 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by Bax:
I can tell you that the Warminster is just some cheap board with a Cherry finish. It's fine for dryboxing or keeping all your lighters and cutters together but it doesn't really keep RH very well. I wouldn't bother trying to keep any nice sticks in it.

Go ahead and invest in a nice cooler because you'll soon have those other humi's packed full:-)
You where absolutely correct about the Warminster, I think I only paid about $9.00 for it though. Might just give it to my brother, trying to get him into it too.

Here are some pics now that I received my shipment:

[Reply]
Sherlockholms 09:42 AM 06-27-2011
Nice buy David! And you get a bump for not falling for the news letter. Guys like you and I are smarter then the rest of the pack :-)
[Reply]
pektel 09:46 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by Sherlockholms:
Nice buy David! And you get a bump for not falling for the news letter. Guys like you and I are smarter then the rest of the pack :-)
Word. I searched first as well when the newsletter was brought up. Glad I did :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:53 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by Sherlockholms:
I am not that smart just got lucky, haha.
I was like wow that is awesome that there is a news letter, but why would it be in print and not electronic? Searched and found people making fun of it, without them I would have been sucked in.

FYI: the Colibri Hybrid lighter (shown on the left) is a really cool lighter. It lights using a flint and you just press a button to turn it into a torch, let go of the button and it turns back to a regular flame. I was pleased with this lighter, until it breaks like most Calibris I hear of.
[Reply]
DBall 11:14 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by Bax:
I gotta disagree... I have one as my office humidor and the damned thing is rock solid...
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:17 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
I gotta disagree... I have one as my office humidor and the damned thing is rock solid...
I can't attest for the RH, but the bottom is very thin and it does not have cedar surrounding the lid. I'll get some pics. I do like the hinges though. It doesn't have a magnet closure either if I remember correctly. I'll get some pics up on here.
[Reply]
Tyler 11:47 AM 06-27-2011
You where absolutely correct about the Warminster, I think I only paid about $9.00 for it though. Might just give it to my brother, trying to get him into it too.

Here are some pics now that I received my shipment:

I think I see some empty humidors! :-) What should we do?? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up