Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Best Sun Grown?
Sauer Grapes 03:00 PM 11-21-2008
The Fuente Chateau Fuente is a great SG. (I know a few mentioned it already).

The only drawbacks of the Chateau SG is that they are very spicy when young. I think they are just as spicy as an Opus when young (not near as strong nic wise though).
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 03:04 PM 11-21-2008
I just loves me some Taboo HSG lanceros. Wish I had some. :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 03:27 PM 11-21-2008
I love almost all of the a fore mentioned sticks especially the RPs and the AFs. Two more of my favorites are the Cabaguian Guapo and the Oliva S
[Reply]
bigswol2 03:28 PM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
The Fuente Chateau Fuente is a great SG. (I know a few mentioned it already).

The only drawbacks of the Chateau SG is that they are very spicy when young. I think they are just as spicy as an Opus when young (not near as strong nic wise though).
:-)

I agree Sauer but no one has mentioned the Mack Daddy of all sungrowns in my opinion. The elusive 858 sungrown. I have some with some age on them that are ridiculous!
[Reply]
sofaman 03:42 PM 11-21-2008
For me its VSG and Fuente Sun Growns :-)
[Reply]
SonsofClubDeck 03:49 PM 11-21-2008
VSG and Rocky Sun Grown for sure. Don Thomas isn't my favorite but definitely a great sun grown.
[Reply]
duckmanco 04:07 PM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by MithShrike:
I like the Arganese Nicaraguan Sun Grown Robusto best. Then the Gran Habanos 3 Siglos. The Rocky Patel Sun Grown Petite Perfecto is a good third.
and just to be that guy, the 3 siglos wrapper is actually shade grown, delicious smoke nonetheless though. Also a smoke I like a lot is the Habanos Puros Fuerte #4 Petite Corona. Quite tasty and powerful.
[Reply]
warpedcigars 04:51 PM 11-21-2008
Ashton VSG. Had my first about 2 weeks ago, bought a box. Loved them to death.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 05:49 PM 11-21-2008
You can add me to AF sungrown and Ashton VSG. Mighty tasty :-)
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 06:25 PM 11-21-2008
VSG's if I have the $, RP's if I don't
[Reply]
Benzopyrene 06:42 PM 11-21-2008
I have always loved the 858 sg when available. Just better than the regulars in my opinion.
[Reply]
TripleF 07:26 PM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
I'll have to agree with the Ashton VSG. Me being somewhat of a Fuente Whore, I'll also say the Cuban Belicoso, King B, and Château Fuente and Double Château in that order.

Edit...... So? You like some Sun Growns, do ya?
Muwahahahahaha:-)

Easy there killer........
[Reply]
TripleF 07:28 PM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by bigswol2:
:-)

I agree Sauer but no one has mentioned the Mack Daddy of all sungrowns in my opinion. The elusive 858 sungrown. I have some with some age on them that are ridiculous!

Hmmmmmmmmm......sunds tasty. Didn't even know they existed. I do like the AF SunGrowns for sure. Just had a couple this past week and they made me become aware that I like sn growns.
[Reply]
Budprince 07:33 PM 11-21-2008
RP, VSG, Don Thomas, as many have mentioned these. . . I too like these - can't go wrong with en as far as I'm concerned. :-)
[Reply]
Silound 12:52 AM 11-22-2008
King B's, Diamond Crown Maximus in any size, 858 SG (I still have some from the original '98 offering), and Taboo are my favs.

I find RP sungowns to be sketchy...a good box out of 3 maybe. Last box I had were so terribly constructed I stopped buying them altogether. I have a few singles from previous boxes that are great.

Someone mentioned Oliva Serie V.....that's an unusual wrapper they created for that cigar, but it's one-of-a-kind good. Until you said something, I almost forgot that was a SG.
[Reply]
CBI_2 06:51 AM 11-22-2008
RP sun grown and the one VSG I had was awesome.

FYI to all here. Scott has become a sun grown ho. :-)
[Reply]
jledou 06:55 AM 11-22-2008
I have been enjoying the RP-X-outs Sungrown. Construction and smoking on these are not an issue IMO.
[Reply]
barbourjay 06:59 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
RP sun grown and the one VSG I had was awesome.

FYI to all here. Scott has become a sun grown ho. :-)
i blame it on myself.

scott i still owe you a few new sungrowns. watch your back.
[Reply]
TripleF 08:02 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
i blame it on myself.

scott i still owe you a few new sungrowns. watch your back.

Huh, I thought you were my friend......just calm down Jeremy.....go easy now.

Ok, great replies, anything else besides?:
Rocky Patel
Arturo Fuente
Don Tomas
Ashton
[Reply]
longknocker 08:07 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Yazzie:
Ashton VSG is very tasty :-)
Another Vote For Ashton VSG!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4