Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars and Life Insurance
richard96 06:39 AM 05-31-2011
In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the top insurance companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare rates online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:45 AM 05-31-2011
[quote=richard96;1279656]In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the top insurance companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare rates online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

Welcome Richard. Or is it Marc?
Welcome to Cigar Asylum.
Why not introduce yourself in the New Inmate forum and tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? What cigars do you enjoy?
[Reply]
smokinpeace 06:52 AM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by taltos:
Prudential was quite friendly to cigar smokers. I reported 5-7 per week and was not hit with a surcharge. I have no idea of their current policies.
I believe their current policy is very friendly to cigar smokers. If you list yourself as a cigar smoker they disqualify you from the Preferred Plus level but there is no further penalty. So basically they will not allow you to have their best health rate but do not penalize you any further. If you have any medical issues (weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc) you would not get this rate regardless. For me, Prudential cost the same as would have gotten for non-tobacco use with other companies and they cannot deny a claim based on my cigar smoking. I don't have to worry and it did not cost me one cent.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up