Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>The Taste of Seco
Starscream 02:40 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I might know a guy who grows stuff hydroponically, Tom. I'm sure he'd label it as Mapacho for you. Lemme know! :-)
Wig Wam? I thought he was banned.
[Reply]
T.G 02:47 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti:
http://tobacconistuniversity.org/ima...ed-resized.png

is the URL for a diagram of a Criollo plant showing from bottom to top, volado, capote, seco and ligero.

It is from there that I got the idea about seco, as well as watching some cigar rolling video wherein the roller said you always need seco, as it is what helps the cigar to burn.
That's an island naming scheme diagram. Ligero - seco - volado

Capote isn't a leaf position/priming, it's what a leaf is used for. Capote is known in English as the binder on a cigar. Capa is wrapper, Tripa is filler.

In regards to the rolling video - as I explained a few posts prior, seco could mean two different things depending on what country you are in, so without knowing this, it's hard to say if he means middle or bottom primings. Not all cigars use bottom primings, although most will have at least some middle primings in there somewhere, but there are a few that have neither.

Correlation does not equal causation. Don't attribute the physical characteristics of what is necessary to achieve a desired combustion profile as the reason for a commonality in flavors.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:49 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Capote isn't a leaf position/priming, it's what a leaf is used for.
I thought Copote was the guy who wrote In Cold Blood.:-)
[Reply]
T.G 02:54 PM 05-12-2011
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up