Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Diablo Picantes
Celt 09:27 PM 11-20-2008
I wonder how many they have left.
I have really been wanting to stock up on these since they were put on buy one get one but just havent had the extra coin.

I hope they still have plenty as i would really like to put 3 or 4 boxes back.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 09:53 PM 11-20-2008
Some extremely generous Troop Supporter sent a box of these that are now in the Tiki Hut Coolerdor.

They are considered in the Hut to be a dangerous smoke- the guys will dare each other to smoke them. The dared individual will say "These are damn good!" and the darer will think it's a ploy to suck him in to trying one.

I had one the day the box was opened and loved it. I like a cigar with bite.
[Reply]
kayaker 04:31 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by smokin5:
They ARE out of production, I think for a year or more now.
General Cigars made them & did a poor job of marketing, as it tried to push this as a strong smoke. They're a good medium in strength. But, as others have said, they're quite tasty & burn well. The Picantes are one of my favorite lunchtime smokes - lasts just about 45-55 minutes at my pace. Famous Smokes bought up all of the remaining stock, so they're the only game in town if you want some. Fortunately, Famous has been running quite a few "Buy 1 Get 1 deals on the boxes. I think I've got about 70 of these left. At $1/stick, it's a great deal.
So what you are saying is that I do have to buy them right now.:-)

hmmm...
[Reply]
Tikihut27 05:32 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by kayaker:
So what you are saying is that I do have to buy them right now.:-)

hmmm...
PULL THE TRIGGER :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:47 AM 11-21-2008
I really like these. Great burn, relatively quick smoke, and nice earthy, coffee flavors with a peppery bite. Surprisingly mild aftertaste, too.

Buy some. Do it. Doooooooooo it.

In fact, if Famous is still running a B1G1F, I'd be up for doing a split with you.
[Reply]
kayaker 07:51 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I really like these. Great burn, relatively quick smoke, and nice earthy, coffee flavors with a peppery bite. Surprisingly mild aftertaste, too.

Buy some. Do it. Doooooooooo it.

In fact, if Famous is still running a B1G1F, I'd be up for doing a split with you.
Oh Crap. PM on the way.:-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:32 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by stearns:
my favorite $1 cigar out there, im in love with these suckers, i have 2 boxes of picantes and one of calientes, buy a box and you wont regret it

stearns
Thanks for sending me one of these Ben. Looking forward to trying it.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up