Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Sports>2011 NFL Draft.
chippewastud79 07:06 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
Go cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tyron smith
Nothing like a First Round 280 lb. RIGHT tackle. :-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:10 PM 04-28-2011
Missouri has two top ten picks. Has that ever happened?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 07:14 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Oklahoma had 3 of the top 4 last year.

I like the Falcons pick but I don't like what they gave up for him.
[Reply]
Wanger 07:29 PM 04-28-2011
Christian f'ing Ponder?!?!?!?! UGH!!!!!
[Reply]
Wanger 07:31 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
For Missouri? Probably never. LOL
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:32 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Oklahoma had 3 of the top 4 last year.

Originally Posted by Wanger:
For Missouri? Probably never. LOL
Yeah, that's what I meant... for Missouri. As a Missouri fan, I'm pretty happy about it. I actually think Smith is more likely than Gabbert to be a star in the NFL.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:43 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
:-) 5 picks for 21 spots is a pretty big pull. Granted, that first round pick next year should be 28 or higher and possibly 32. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:56 PM 04-28-2011
Have you ever seen anyone as disinterested in being picked as Nick Fairley? We all sat watching in the lunchroom at work, and each one of us basically said "What a tool". :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 10:07 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Have you ever seen anyone as disinterested in being picked as Nick Fairley? We all sat watching in the lunchroom at work, and each one of us basically said "What a tool". :-)
Think that is the exact reason a top 3-5 talent dropped to 13....
[Reply]
icehog3 10:14 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Think that is the exact reason a top 3-5 talent dropped to 13....
The Lions have been making some good picks the last couple drafts...be interesting to see how this works out.
[Reply]
E.J. 10:22 PM 04-28-2011
The Lions have been making some good picks the last couple drafts...be interesting to see how this works out.
There comes a time when the risk vs reward is just too good to pass on this type of talent...
[Reply]
icehog3 10:41 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
There comes a time when the risk vs reward is just too good to pass on this type of talent...
Understood...still makes for good drama, though. :-)
[Reply]
Humpdebump 11:14 PM 04-28-2011
Once again B.B. Trades down..... They needed a pass rush and couldve traded up a cpl spots and got Quin. Instead they take Solder, who could be awesome. Then at 28, instead of taking Ingram, who I really thought could bring a whole new dimension to the offense to help Brady, they trade it to the Saints, who in turn draft Ingram. Now they have the first pick in tomorrows draft and I'm sure they will trade out.....
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 02:49 AM 04-29-2011
What do you expect from the Pats? It's all about VALUE. :-)
[Reply]
Bunker 04:52 AM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
What do you expect from the Pats? It's all about VALUE. :-)
Bill loves the second round.

I was suprised he took someone at 17.

We do need offensive lineman so this guy from Colorado must be good for Bill to actually use a first round pick.
[Reply]
Wanger 07:35 AM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Bunker:
Bill loves the second round.

I was suprised he took someone at 17.

We do need offensive lineman so this guy from Colorado must be good for Bill to actually use a first round pick.
At one point in time, I had heard his name being mentioned for the Vikes at #12. From everything I've heard about him, he's an elite athlete for a tackle. 6'8", former tight end.

I'm guessing that you're feeling about that pick like I am about the Vikes passing on Fairley with the issues they are going to have up the middle with the crumbling of the Williams Wall. :-) He'd have been a GREAT fit next to Kevin Williams. Now we have to block him AND Suh on the same line. :-)
[Reply]
357 08:11 AM 04-29-2011
I saw something similar, but it looked to me that he was pissed he slid that far. I hope he plays with a giant chip on his shoulder, out to prove those other 12 teams made a mistake. That DT position is looking pretty stout for the Leos, Suh, Fairly, Williams, and Hill. Not to mention Avril and KVB on the ends. :-)

I just pray they get a starting OLB, starting CB, and at least a backup OT. They could use a WR, but not an expensive one. Just need some speed on the outside so they can put Burleson in the slot.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:21 AM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
I saw something similar, but it looked to me that he was pissed he slid that far.
Maybe you are right Mike, but there was no need to be an asshole to the Lions management over that, they were the ones that took a chance on him. He seems like a royal douchebag. :-)
[Reply]
357 08:33 AM 04-29-2011
Maybe you are right Mike, but there was no need to be an asshole to the Lions management over that, they were the ones that took a chance on him. He seems like a royal douchebag. :-)
Agreed. They are about to make him very wealthy to play a game he loves.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 07:37 PM 04-29-2011
I just don't get it with BB, The first pick a O linemen yeah that's ok.

Then he picks a corner that has been getting hurt since high school,hell he pulled a hamie at the combine. We have seen to many of guys like this.

Next two picks. Two slow non elusive running backs,one will be lucky to make the team?

A QB pocket passer just as slow as Brady with character and personality issues.

I'm not feeling good about this draft.
How a bout a freakin pass rusher?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up