Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Anyone else have a lizard problem?
emopunker2004 12:54 AM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Lizard murderer. :-)
Tom, they were literally taking over the yard. Haven't done that in a long time. I didn't say i did it all the time. I didn't get many of them
[Reply]
CoreyD 12:59 AM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
my grandmother's yard used to get them bad. whenever i would mow her yard she told me to run em over when i saw them:-)
Reminds me of taking a basketball on anthills at my moms house as a kid. Doing a bombing run...
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:03 AM 04-25-2011
lol. we used to step on em and make the ants run around then spray em all with Raid
[Reply]
Wanger 06:31 AM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
I really don't see how sitting out in the yard or walking around and seeing lizards is a bad thing, I mean I always liked it when I was in places that had lizards walking around. Now if you lived in Indonesia and they were those huge ferocious lizards then I'd be worried.
Monitor lizards are a whole different story. LOL

And unfortunately, due to plenty of idjits, they are being released into the Everglades in FL, and doing some serious damage to native populations there. They will raid gator nests and eat the eggs. Not to mention all the pythons and boas that are being released down there, as well. They get sold as pets, and when the people get tired of them, or they get too big, they get released, because the zoos won't take them. They buy them when they're small, and think "Awesome!" but don't think about how they're going to handle them once they get past 8ft long and such.
[Reply]
OLS 07:05 AM 04-25-2011
6 inches is long for a Green Anole, and a foot long is definitely outside the range. So I am thinking gecko,
or iguana. You don't get a lot of lizard action of that length in Alabammie. As they say this thread is useless
without pics.

As for the northerners who were saying they had no lizards, my cousin from Flint MI used to come down
for family reunions about every five years, and would absolutely freak out over the Anoles. He would
always take a half dozen or so back to MI in a milk carton, I recall.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:08 AM 04-25-2011
I have no lizard problem. Grace, on the other hand, has a lizard problem. I think she was hoping to find a bigger one.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:19 AM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfz-1I4GD7c
I like lizards.
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I have no lizard problem. Grace, on the other hand, has a lizard problem. I think she was hoping to find a bigger one.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
taltos 07:26 AM 04-25-2011
lol. we used to step on em and make the ants run around then spray em all with Raid
We used to flood the ant nests and then use a propane torch on them as they ran out.:-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 08:12 AM 04-25-2011
I have three types in my yard. Newts, lizards, and geckos.... I dont mind then one bit around my house. Ive been here for four years and I haven't seen a roach or bug yet in the house.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:21 AM 04-25-2011
I can't beleive it took 25 posts before this comment appeared, I was fighting to not make the joke as soon as I saw the title! :-)

Oh and on topic, I like lizards around. We have been thinking about getting a bearded dragon for my son.
[Reply]
markem 08:30 AM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I can't beleive it took 25 posts before this comment appeared, I was fighting to not make the joke as soon as I saw the title! :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:44 AM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by markem:
:-)
[Reply]
rizzle 09:32 AM 04-25-2011
Problem? Nah. Does seem like the population is on the comeback after the freeze from two winters ago, though. Almost killed all the little bastiges off. Fortunately, the iguanas haven't made it this far...yet.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:50 AM 04-25-2011
Tom, they were literally taking over the yard. Haven't done that in a long time. I didn't say i did it all the time. I didn't get many of them
You must atone by breeding them, and running a Lizard Farm, Justin. :-)

I literally laughed out loud, Vin. :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 10:08 AM 04-25-2011
I literally laughed out loud, Vin. :-)
That's right, laugh at the guy with the small penis. My mother smoked throughout her pregnancy. I blame it on that.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:10 AM 04-25-2011
That's right, laugh at the guy with the small penis. My mother smoked throughout her pregnancy. I blame it on that.
My Mom smoked, drank, and asked the doctor to give me "extra" circumcision. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up