Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Did Larussa Cheat with the Rain Delay?
Yes 1 5.56%
No 17 94.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Did Larussa Cheat?
NCRadioMan 01:10 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
So then it's on the Umps, right? :-)
It's obviously one of the largest conspiracy's ever in the history of baseball and the only scandal that rival's this can only be the Black Sox ordeal.

:-)
Starscream 01:21 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
So what? To act as though he cheated seems to implicate that the other team had no means of communication. If you think they showed up to the stadium with no sense of what the weather was going to do and had no means of monitoring it throughout the entire time they're there, you're very naive.
It's not the end of the world, Duane. Don't get all worked up over it. Geez.:-)
icehog3 01:25 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Did La Russa cheat with the rain delay?

I'm obviously biased and think that La Russa is a dirty manager. He does a lot of shady things, and this one just adds to his record.
Who's worked up here, Andy? :-) :-)
Starscream 01:26 PM 04-24-2011
So then it's on the Umps, right? :-)
Originally Posted by :
St. Louis manager Tony La Russa was asked if the Cardinals considered not starting the game, given the forecast.
Home field advantage has its perks, I guess.:-)
Starscream 01:27 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
It's obviously one of the largest conspiracy's ever in the history of baseball and the only scandal that rival's this can only be the Black Sox ordeal.

At least the Reds won that year.:-)
Starscream 01:29 PM 04-24-2011
Who's worked up here, Andy? :-) :-)
Not worked up, Admiral. I just thought it would be an interesting topic for discussion.:-)

But I guess that makes me naive according to someone.
icehog3 01:32 PM 04-24-2011
14-0 for Tony El. Like Dan suggested, MLB should change the rule if it creates controvery. :-)
forgop 01:35 PM 04-24-2011
I'm not worked up as I have no interest on either side. I'm just failing to comprehend how the guy cheated in any way. :-):-):-) It seems logical to believe that you do because you're the one asking the question, right?
Starscream 01:40 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
I'm not worked up as I have no interest on either side. I'm just failing to comprehend how the guy cheated in any way. :-):-):-) It seems logical to believe that you do because you're the one asking the question, right?
Yes, I'm biased a bit. Cheating or no cheating, it was a bit shady. I might be down with Dan's suggestion about changing the rule, but I'm not convinced a rule change would be in order for this one incident. But once again, read my post again which I have quoted below.
I just thought it would be an interesting topic for discussion.:-)

bobarian 02:15 PM 04-24-2011
Seems like you've made up you mind and are looking for validation and not discussion. 14 people voted negatory and yet you still seem determined to cry foul. :-)
St. Lou Stu 02:32 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:

This calls for a Congressional Inquiry!
Starscream 03:59 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Seems like you've made up you mind and are looking for validation and not discussion. 14 people voted negatory and yet you still seem determined to cry foul. :-)
Did you notice that I didn't vote yes in this poll? I'm not that determined.

If only internet retailers had as high quality sticks as B&Ms...:-)
Stephen 04:47 PM 04-24-2011
The bigger question is, when did Dusty Baker start caring about his pitchers?:-)
Starscream 04:49 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
The bigger question is, when did Dusty Baker start caring about his pitchers?:-)
He didn't get to overwork him enough Friday night.:-)
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up