Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Funny How Your Brain Associates Things
ashtonlady 07:28 PM 04-22-2011
My Nana had powder rom Avon that she always put on. When she passed away I got the washstand that was in the bathroom. It still smells like Nana. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:36 PM 04-22-2011
I have a pretty strong stomach... but don't get me near Castor Oil. The lady that used to keep us when we were kids would make us take it every spring to "clean us out!" I still give my mom grief about letting that lady abuse here kids.
[Reply]
forgop 07:44 PM 04-22-2011
Jack Daniels and anything wintergreen.

Bad night with Jack when I was 15 and wintergreen because it reminds me of chew.
[Reply]
backwoods357 08:18 PM 04-22-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Bad night with Jack when I was 15 and wintergreen because it reminds me of chew.
:-)
Tequila and Wild Turkey (most burbon does) both give me shivers. From the weekend before my 21st birthday. Thanks mom!
Just the thought of chew makes me sick. I had been chewing redman for a couple of hours when a friend goaded me into taking a dip of Grizzly green. An hour long car ride later I vomited midway through a sentence. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:33 PM 04-22-2011
Made up a college version of screwdrivers, Popov vodka and Tang made me hate Tang for a long time. And cheap vodka, fogettaboutit, might throw up from the smell of it. Note: Do not use vodka as the 'water' used to mix the Tang. :-)

Old musty basements still remind me of my grandparents basement, brings back memories of their house :-)
[Reply]
shark 05:27 PM 04-23-2011
Pipe tobacco always reminds me of my Dad. He used to smoke a pipe on occasion. Diesel smoke brings me back to working on our company's vehicles in the motor pool while I was in the Army.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:33 PM 04-23-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My story in a nutshell, except Scotch, and NYE 1979. :-)

Ruined myself for good Scotch later in life for an under-age pint of Cutty Sark.
A pint sounds like a good amount, but admiral..... cutty? :-)

Sorry to hear, scotch is good..:-)

Jager - I can look at it but if I smell it......Probably have a hard time not getting sick
Goldschlager - I can smell it and look at it but cannot drink it
Fireball - The smell is vile......
Absinthe - If I smell this $hit I will seriously vomit.
After shock - Drinking a full bottle of this stuff...bad idea.
Cuervo - Same goes with the above. :-)

I think that's about it, I've gotten sick off a BUNCH of other stuff but it doesn't turn my stomach. The time when I drank 3 120 minute IPA's in a row comes to mind. 21% each, 36 oz's total. It was probably within 5 months after I turned 21. Good times.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:48 PM 04-23-2011
Just today I was at Kroger getting a few things with my son. He had to pee and after he finished I was helping him wash his hands when all of a sudden the smell of the soap took me back to when I was 15 and worked at Kroger. Its weird, I only worked there a month 15 years ago but as soon as I smelled it I was back in time.
[Reply]
dannyboy 04:12 AM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
After shock - Drinking a full bottle of this stuff...bad idea.
This is a very, very bad idea - the smell of cinnamon turned my stomach for years after that night! It was combined with lots of other stuff, but the taste of this dominated everything else.

I can still get a wave of nausea from the alcohol smell in hand sanitizer, my guess is it reminds me of the cheap vodka I used to drink?
[Reply]
RHNewfie 05:32 AM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Note: Do not use vodka as the 'water' used to mix the Tang. :-)
Bwahahahahahahaha!! Sigh, quote of the year!
[Reply]
Average Joe 07:58 AM 04-24-2011
Every time I'm near my tomato plants I remember growing them when I was little. It as one of the ways my parents taught me responsibility.

Every time I smell the ocean I think about Rehoboth Beach Delaware. My fiance and I went there every weekend when we first met. We'd go to a local bar and get nice 'n tipsy then go to the beach. Once we sobered up we'd go back for more. Those were the days.
[Reply]
DMK 08:31 AM 04-24-2011
For me it is the smell of carnations....:-)
That is the smell I remember from my dad's funeral, and I can't stand them to this day.
[Reply]
Gophernut 09:09 AM 04-25-2011
Gin, which sort of sucks because I live next to a pine forest and every once in a while will get a wiff...
Music also does that. Just the other day, I was back in high school driving around in my buddy's Jeep. There was a song by The Cars on the radio.
[Reply]
Silound 09:51 AM 04-26-2011
Anytime I smell wood burning I think of Boy Scouts, summer camps, and camp-outs. Lube oils, diesel, and grease remind me of being on the farm as a kid. Anytime I see or smell Simple Green, I always remember being a kid and changing the oil in my dad's truck. The smell of fresh cut grass makes me long for a lawn to mow like I did as a kid.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:50 AM 04-26-2011
And in the realm of weird associations, the smell of A-1 Sauce always reminds me of my grandfather's garage. I have no idea why his garage smelled like A-1, but it did.
[Reply]
shilala 10:54 AM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
And in the realm of weird associations, the smell of A-1 Sauce always reminds me of my grandfather's garage. I have no idea why his garage smelled like A-1, but it did.
We have a winner. :-)
Thanks for that, Gerard!!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up