Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Everyone please read
poker 07:55 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
Al,
I always remembered you being a great BOTL on the other forum...

Well, I guess we all get fooled once in a while eh? :-)

I kid I kid :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:02 AM 11-19-2008
Glad to hear things have turned around for the better! :-)

While I wasn't around CS when you were getting through the difficult time (and we can all appreciate yours; I certainly appreciate the explanation), I was on the other end of a similar situation. A fella I sent a PIF to never responded or acknowledged the PIF, never responded to my multiple PM's. Moved to another site & signed up for a similar PIF. So I sent him a few PM's on the new site, nothing nasty. All the guy has to do is tell me like you have that he's fallen on tough times, something, anything, but he chooses not to and yet I assume he's enjoying something that I put together especially for him. It left me with a bitter taste in my mouth but I certainly won't hold a grudge as long as the guy comes clean, like you have.

Nicely done. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 08:09 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
It left me with a bitter taste in my mouth but I certainly won't hold a grudge as long as the guy comes clean, like you have.
I look at PIFs, trades, lotteries and such as gifts. While there is an obligation and responsibility for everyone involved, to hold onto a grudge for a sampling of cigars is not healthy. I also believe in WGACA (what goes around, comes around). Karma does have a way of leveling the playing field so to speak.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 08:14 AM 11-19-2008
Welcome to the Asylum.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:14 AM 11-19-2008
Very good points, Peter. :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:34 AM 11-19-2008
Vinegar and water will help with that freshness issue :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:37 AM 11-19-2008
Many of us are seeking Asylum at the Asylum for different reasons.

I say welcome and thank you for owning up - on to new experiences!
[Reply]
ByrneBrew 08:41 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Many of us are seeking Asylum at the Asylum for different reasons.

I say welcome and thank you for owning up - on to new experiences!
What He Said.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:50 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
I still have a big problem here ... you haven't apologized for being an Auburn fan.

I want to see video of you doing an enthusiastic job of a ROLL TIDE. :-)

The rest ... well, you manned up.. I hope your troubles are behind you.
Damn Sean, I can't believe you beat me to it. Oh, and I fixed your post for you too.

And I would say that as long as you follow Peter's wishes I got no problem with you, as I had none with you prior. Except that Auburn thing.:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:51 AM 11-19-2008
I was told to "pay-it-forward" and bomb the hell outta somebody. :-)
I will send you some addresses, just as a little help (Perry, you're going down!! :-) ) :-)
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 08:52 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Damn Sean, I can't believe you beat me to it. Oh, and I fixed your post for you too.

And I would say that as long as you follow Peter's wishes I got no problem with you, as I had none with you prior. Except that Auburn thing.:-)
I'm going to remember this in the future, my friend....beware...there's an upset a comin! :-)
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 08:54 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I will send you some addresses, just as a little help (Perry, you're going down!! :-) ) :-)
Send em' on, Don....MsFloydP has already hooked me up with a couple...one of which is getting his a** handed to him very, very soon for being so hospitable :-)

Jason
[Reply]
hotreds 08:55 AM 11-19-2008
Everyone deserves a second chance. Welcome to The Asylum!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:57 AM 11-19-2008
Al,

I always remembered you being a great a$$hat on the other forum
I corrected this for you :-)
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 09:00 AM 11-19-2008
Jason,

I'm reminded that the situations you went through are something that most of us could be facing at any time, but for the grace of God. I don't think I was involved in that forum then, so I don't have a feel for the acrimony of the time. All I can say is that a few cigars just aren't worth it. Mr. Reindeer and I were both stiffed on the same PIF at about the same time. It would have been easy to start flaming and ranting, but who would that really harm? It would rob us of OUR joy and enjoyment, and that's about it.

I personally admire the way you've stepped up to make things as right as you can. If I had been involved, it would be easy to forgive you at this point and welcome you back. As it is, I have no misgivings about doing that after your explanation and plea, welcome.

Let those who never made a mistake cast the stones.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:09 AM 11-19-2008
Your humbleness is admirable and you certainly manned up to the mistake. It would be nice to live in a world where most people were willing to do this. Welcome to CA, enjoy the stay here!!
[Reply]
floydpink 09:12 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I look at PIFs, trades, lotteries and such as gifts. While there is an obligation and responsibility for everyone involved, to hold onto a grudge for a sampling of cigars is not healthy. I also believe in WGACA (what goes around, comes around). Karma does have a way of leveling the playing field so to speak.
I live my life by that creed.

I'd say you've got some good coming 'round Peter as this is another example of fine leadership and brotherhood. Way to cover a brother.
[Reply]
G G 09:17 AM 11-19-2008
Sometimes we all mess up. You have took the time to go to the ones that were offended, and offered to make it right. IMHO that is all that we can do, you have done your part, and sounds like the others have been gracious in forgiving. Great news that things are looking up for you.:-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 09:21 AM 11-19-2008
My troubles aren't behind me....have you seen the way we've played this year?!? There's been a lot of :-) going around on Saturdays this year, i'm afraid. Don't tempt me about the gator chomp....I mean, I have no problem with you guys...seems Auburn is the one team you guys can't beat! :-)

Jason

Jason, glad you're here, and don't I feel your Orange and Blue pain. one more game friend, one more.
[Reply]
shemp 10:09 AM 11-19-2008
if we are at all honest, NOBODY would want their sins exposed before everybody else. Jason you are welcome by me and i will trade with you.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up