Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>What is your best stick ever?
Snake Hips 09:05 PM 11-18-2008
Cohiba Siglo VI and Romeo y Julieta Churchill Tubo, closely followed by the Bolivar Belicoso Fino. I haven't had a lot of NCs that really stood out like those did.
[Reply]
mash 09:06 PM 11-18-2008
Mid 80's MC #2.
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 12:09 PM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by poker:
Habanos 1994

yeeeeeesss! my holy grail cigar!! :-)

a cigar i would definitely break out the dunnies to trade for. :-)

(shameless plug)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:16 PM 11-19-2008
PAM 64 Principe
[Reply]
DBall 02:30 PM 11-19-2008
70's Boli PC was real nice... however, my first 01 ERdM Lunch Club blew me away... I smoked through all of those (and I really wish I hadn't now... what fantastic smokes...)... :-)
[Reply]
brandonfd3s 02:18 AM 12-04-2008
For CC I would say its a tie between the PSD4 and MC#2 Ive have. I only smoked 1 MC and 3 PSD4 all the PSD4 were all very consistent and wonderful smokes one of my all time favorite! But the Monte I had blew me away! I want another heh but ill have to wait to order a box sometime. After those two.. I would say it would have to be my first CC I ever had Romeo y Julieta Churchill Tubo.

For Non-CC I would say one of my first cigars was Fuente Fuente Opus X. These cigars are sometime it or miss.. but if aged they are a brilliant smoke tons of that signature opus kick and very flavorful. Also while in Vegas I smoked a handful of the Casa Fuente's also now one of my favorites need to have my friend that lives there send me a few... Wish I would have bought some to bring home.
[Reply]
bigswol2 02:26 AM 12-04-2008
this one 99 opus #2

[Reply]
sjnovakovich 07:51 AM 12-04-2008
No question! Anejo 46
[Reply]
GrtndpwrflOZ 07:56 AM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by zemekone:
70s partagas connie #3... hands down
I have smoked one and one only and thought this cigar was great.
Now I can not remember exactly what I liked about it.

I know I can always turn to a Siglo II and know I will like it.
Cohiba Esplendidos are up there in my Humidor.

Ever......?
[Reply]
Da Klugs 08:06 AM 12-04-2008
Definitions vary. One might be:

When Jane was due with our first we head out to the hospital. Normal Lamaze blowing coaching etc. Things are exciting and scary. We get to the hospital, check in and everything is just flowing smoothly.

Suddenly the heart monitor goes crazy and there are seemingly dozens of hospital folks running around us. They kick me out to the general waiting area with the rest of the family. Doctor comes with me explaining that the cord it around the babies neck and they are doing an emergency C-section right then.

After what seemed like forever they brought me back to see our new healthy baby Kait and Jane who was recovering fine. A few hours later, when Mom and new baby were sleeping and all the relatives had gone home, I went out to the parking lot.

Fired up a Hoyo Excalibur # 1. Thought about life, my wife our new baby and how much we had to be thankful for. I will never enjoy any cigar I ever smoke more than that one on that day.
[Reply]
Langod 08:14 AM 12-04-2008
Still only a noob, smoking for 6 months. My best stick ever was my 2nd cigar -- a La Aurora Prefidero Platinum. Very yummy.

I just picked up a red tubo version (Maduro) that I hope to enjoy even more.
[Reply]
gnukfu 09:40 AM 12-04-2008
Haven't had my best stick ever, yet! I'm sure there is something better than what I have had just up ahead.....:-)
[Reply]
ashmaster 09:44 AM 12-04-2008
To date, I would say the one I most enjoyed was the Padron 80th anni Maduro.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:45 AM 12-04-2008
1997 Partagas 898
[Reply]
jjirons69 09:49 AM 12-04-2008
Any one of the gifted cigars from one of my brothers here. :-)
[Reply]
hsmunoz 10:30 AM 12-04-2008
Oliva V Churchill Extra was the first real stick that just floored me and go me excited about the hobby. Then a 06 EL Piramide, in Spain just pushed me over the edge. I have had some great sticks since then. but these two started the love affair.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:36 AM 12-04-2008
It's a tie. I had a bunch of '64 Upmann #4s that raisin gave me that were outstanding. So unique, so tasty, so gone lol. The other was my first Flor del Punto that Eric gave me. Dizzum, it was like smoking wine!
[Reply]
pnoon 12:45 PM 12-04-2008
I have been fortunate to smoke many outstanding rare and vintage sticks. Picking one based on the cigar itself would be damn near impossible. Like with fine wine, the cigar experience is enhanced by the environment and circumstances when it is smoked - see Da Klugs' post for a good example.

For me, the 70s H. Upmann Naturals tubo gifted to me by Kelly (poker) on my 50th birthday was off the charts. An outstanding cigar in the company of family and good friends made this one my favorite.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 12:52 PM 12-04-2008
The best cigar I've ever smoked is a tie. On one hand, my first Cuban - a 2008 Cohiba Siglo VI. Oh...mygod. Tied with it was the 2006 Romeo y Julieta Churchill Tubo gifted to me by an awesome BOTL. Gotta try one with some real age on it now!

[EDIT] Seems I already posted in this thread...
[Reply]
AD720 12:54 PM 12-04-2008
Litto Gomez Small Batch II is up there.

I think the first cigar I ever had that made my jaw drop was a Perdomo Champagne when I first started. That one got me hooked. I still really enjoy a creamy smoke.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up