Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Road to the Frozen Four
Wanger 06:15 AM 04-08-2011
Sigh...

Having been an athlete at UND, that was a PAINFUL loss. I also know that I'm just wired that way, too. I know the hurt that they were feeling in that locker room last night, and no doubtedly are feeling today. This was THE year. They had a high scoring team with a great defense, led by a STRONG group of seniors. This one hurts...a lot.

Plain and simple, Hunwick won the game singlehandedly. Big save after big save after big save. To stop 40 shot from that pressure all game long, I tip my cap to him. Start to finish, the Sioux controlled most of the game, but a defenseman loses his guy for 3 seconds, and the game winner goes in. If it had gone the other way, I'd be able to say it was a great game sooner. Maybe in a year, I'll be able to talk about how good of a game it was, but d@mmit, it's painful right now.

Given how Hunwick played last night, if he plays like that tomorrow, Duluth has no shot. They stood up to the physical play of the Sioux (even though they seemed to come out on the short end of all those battles), and I don't see UMD being as physical.

Given how I feel right now...go nobody on Saturday. :-)

Actually, even though I don't want to see banner #10 go up for Michigan, I'd rather have that than have to listen to the UMD fans around here chirping about title #1.
[Reply]
E.J. 07:01 AM 04-08-2011
Sorry about your Sioux.... I didn't get to see anything but the 1st period...(watched the final period of the first game, first period of the second game)....

Hell of a run...

E.J.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 07:41 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by fissure:
Who would have thought the game would end up 2-0? Let alone michigan being the 2:-):-) Without Hunwick standing on his head, ND could have easily had 5 goals.

GO BLUE:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Wanger 08:04 AM 04-08-2011
All I can keep saying today is "F@#K!!!" :-)

For all that they did and as well as they played all year long, it feels like an empty, lost season, with 2 years rebuilding ahead. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 07:56 PM 04-09-2011
OT!
[Reply]
Eleven 08:34 PM 04-09-2011
Heck of a game. I didn't have a dog in this fight but it was nice to see such a great game.

I love watching the winners celebrate and I hate watching the losers stand around and wait.

I just hope I get to see my kid competing like this some day. And I hope he is doing the celebrating, not the standing around.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:58 PM 04-09-2011
Not a big hockey fan...but WOW...what a game. :-) :-)
[Reply]
gvarsity 08:45 AM 04-10-2011
Have to tip my hat to UMD. Didn't get a championship with Brett Hull but they finished this time. Great finish too.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:31 AM 04-10-2011
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 06:56 AM 04-11-2011
Couldn't watch it. Too painful. Was hoping Michigan would win it, because now I have to listen to the local Duluth fans rub it in. Ugh! Glad for the fans that it was a good game, though.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up