Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>DealExtreme Lighters
Flynnster 11:45 AM 02-21-2011
How long is shipping on these things usually guys? It doesn't really say on the site.
[Reply]
croatan 11:56 AM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
How long is shipping on these things usually guys? It doesn't really say on the site.
I haven't bought any from them in a while, but I remember them running at least a week, and I think closer to two on shipping.
[Reply]
landhoney 12:13 PM 02-21-2011
Mine took 4 weeks or so, but it was over the holidays. Love these lighters (second link) for situations where I don't want to bring my nice Xikar. I was a Ronson fan, but so far (1-2 months of use) I like these better (and half the price delivered). I bought 8, tried 4 so far and one is a little tempermental (but still works), but the others work 100% fine everytime.
[Reply]
Flynnster 02:02 PM 02-21-2011
Alright, sweet. I ordered 2, hoping at least one works!
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:31 PM 02-21-2011
I really enjoy these lighters for the price. I have had to throw a couple away, but the other ones have been working with no problems at all.
[Reply]
Flynnster 07:57 PM 03-14-2011
So my order shipped on the 25th of February, yet I still don't have it. I'm starting to worry. I have contacted customer service, but no response yet.
[Reply]
smokin5 08:57 PM 03-14-2011
Patience, Grasshopper.
It's only been a bit over 2 weeks, & these are
mailed from Hong Kong. Mine arrived last week
after about 3 weeks or so.

Word to the wise - the flame adjuster surrounds
the bottom intake hole. You will need to adjust
it up (counterclockwise) with a flathead screwdriver
before it will light well. And push the flimsy slide
control on the front to the right, or your flame will
be constant.
[Reply]
Flynnster 11:01 PM 03-14-2011
BUT I WANT IT NOW!

Thanks for the input though, good to know that it can take 3 weeks. The email says 7-10 days which is why I was a bit worried.

What do you mean by the flame being constant?
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 04:28 AM 03-15-2011
Don't forget...the orders take a while to come.

I ordered 5 of the jet lighters and 2 humi meters back in January. I just received the lighters 3 days ago and the meters are backordered.

Just be patient, they will come. Be careful when using your credit card. It's is much easier to use poopal cuz your order is somewhat protected if it never arrives. Just saying.
[Reply]
Bill86 04:39 AM 03-15-2011
If they take that long to get I'm not sure they are really a deal anymore.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 07:48 AM 03-15-2011
Placed an order back in early March, still waiting for delivery even though they emailed me more than 2 weeks ago to say they shipped.
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:59 AM 03-15-2011
Mine took 3 weeks..just keep in mind that you got them cheap.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:10 AM 03-15-2011
I ordered six a few weeks ago, 3 showed up so far and I'm sure the other three are not far behind

the last time I ordered it took almost 6 weeks. I just periodically order a few and forget and when they show up its a nice little surprise.
[Reply]
smokin5 09:28 AM 03-15-2011
What do you mean by the flame being constant?
If the front switch is pushed to the left & you press the
ignition button, the gas outflow remains open/locked, &
the flame will continue to stay lit even if you take your
finger off the ignition button. Should this happen, just
push in above the ignition button & the gas flow stops.
[Reply]
Flynnster 09:44 AM 03-15-2011
I'm not too worried, now that yall have told me it takes three weeks or more sometimes. I'm gonna be pretty mad if it takes 6 weeks though when they quoted less than two. That is a little crazy.
[Reply]
Flynnster 12:10 PM 03-29-2011
Well they came in today, and I am surprised by how heavy they feel, I was expecting cheap plastic feeling lighters but other than the switch on the front these things seem pretty hefty.
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 12:37 PM 03-29-2011
For lighters on the cheap, these guys have always been quite good to deal with; check out their "Volcano" line. I've always thought they picked out a couple of good models from the overseas guys and featured them.

Also, these same guys (behind a slightly different web page if you wish) will sell you King butane. This is a triple refined product at a great price. I bought a case of huge cans of this stuff, and have given about half of it away. It's really good fuel and won't destroy your lighters like the grocery store butane will.

Finally, when it comes to lighters, I can't say enough nice things about my Blazer PB-207. That little sucker works perfectly, everytime, period. It's like my Xikar and Palio; it wasn't the cheapest route a guy could go, but once you go there you wonder why you waited so long to get the right tool for the job.

My :-) - N.F.H.

Edited to add: Looks like the King Butane site is the most recently updated. Here's a deal on four single flame torches for $16.95 with free shipping.....
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:40 PM 03-29-2011
Thanks for bumping this thread. Both of my Guangdas stopped working after both having illustrious careers so I ordered 10. Now I can stash a few and send some out here and there.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 03:02 PM 03-29-2011
Well they came in today, and I am surprised by how heavy they feel, I was expecting cheap plastic feeling lighters but other than the switch on the front these things seem pretty hefty.
Still waiting for mine, they supposedly shipped on FEBRUARY 25th. I am ready to write off the order...
[Reply]
landhoney 03:03 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Still waiting for mine, they supposedly shipped on FEBRUARY 25th. I am ready to write off the order...
I think mine took 6+ weeks, so don't count them out yet. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up