Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Kristoff Maduro Robusto
Bruins Fan 07:47 AM 01-27-2011
The monster has a six pack sampler NOW for 20 bucks, I just ordered one.
[Reply]
Katmancross 10:30 AM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by Bageland2000:
Jeff, my next cigar will surely be a Kristoff, I'm really curious about this :-)
Phillip, my Dad has sleep apnea as well so I sorta know what your going through...he hated going to the sleep clinic. Let us know how it goes!
It was horrible. Had to sleep on my back all night so I gagged and choked all night. They got me out of bed at 5:30 and had to fill out more forms. I wanted to slug someone I was so tired.
But came home and slept for a couple hours.
Good thing your Dad uses a machine. I'm confident my dad's strokes in his mid 70's were a result of sleep apnea. He snored like a freight train. So I shall live to be 112...and still chasing young 85 year old vixens.
[Reply]
timj219 03:10 PM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
The monster has a six pack sampler NOW for 20 bucks, I just ordered one.
I love this sampler. I've bought three on the monster over the last few months.
[Reply]
Matt1951 10:03 AM 01-30-2011
sleep apnea - the Sona pillow at Amazon.com, costs $50, works better. Forces you to sleep on your side, sleeping on your back is a primary cause of sleep apnea. Also, do an elimination diet. Start eating just meat, add potatoes, day by day, add another food. Food allergy causes nasal passage obstruction. My allergy was wheat, threw away my cpap.
[Reply]
Katmancross 10:09 AM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by Matt1951:
sleep apnea - the Sona pillow at Amazon.com, costs $50, works better. Forces you to sleep on your side, sleeping on your back is a primary cause of sleep apnea. Also, do an elimination diet. Start eating just meat, add potatoes, day by day, add another food. Food allergy causes nasal passage obstruction. My allergy was wheat, threw away my cpap.
Are you over weight?
[Reply]
Matt1951 04:02 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by Katmancross:
Are you over weight?
I am slightly overweight~200. I used to be vastly overweight ~280. Again, it was the wheat, when removed from my diet, my weight corrected.
[Reply]
Katmancross 04:13 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by Matt1951:
I am slightly overweight~200. I used to be vastly overweight ~280. Again, it was the wheat, when removed from my diet, my weight corrected.
The reason I asked is that this problem is typical of overweight people.
I weigh 254. And I'm 5'-11. Never a fat guy until after my skydiving accident. That got me up to almost 300lbs. I've lost weight because I eat like a bird. Can't exercise...between all of the herniated discs in my neck and back and a bum knee, it's friggin' impossible.
Funny note: My wife and I joined the Y in Feb 2008 after I was laid off. We got in on the poor "f'ers" program.

Never used the pool or jacuzzi and wore clothing head to toe. My wife got a staph infection on her hip within 3 weeks and I got a staph infection in my sinuses at the same time. I had boils hanging out of my nose that looked like party balloons. I had no health insurance and when I couldn't stand the pain any longer, I headed to the ER. I was given an MRI and told if I had waited much longer, it might have traveled to my brain and killed me. I was very lucky. So now I'm scared to death of public gyms.
I still eat wheat in my diet. But we are poor and carbs are the poor man's diet. Until something changes, I have no choice. Drat!
[Reply]
Katmancross 05:48 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Nice review, Phil. Serious enough for those that only want the facts and just the right amount of humor to keep others smiling. Perfect combo. :-)
Tim,
You are the perfect human being!

The Kat
[Reply]
scottdurand 07:00 PM 01-30-2011
One of my fav new smokes. A great choice!
[Reply]
Katmancross 07:08 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Nice review. When you smoke the next Kristoff, try biting the pigtail off. I was taught to do it this way and it usually results in a perfect draw. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
My apologies. I attributed your suggestion of biting off the pigtail as keeping the end more structurally together. Ding. Wrong.
You said that it would improve the draw. Badda Bing! You were absolutely correct, sir.
[Reply]
jdawg 11:54 AM 02-01-2011
Nice review on a good smoke! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up