Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>cigar chewing???
Kreth 06:15 PM 01-16-2011
Quite often on the golf course, if I finish up a smoke too late in the round to light up another, I'll chomp on the nub for the last couple of holes.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
hotreds 06:31 PM 01-16-2011
Now you're talking about potentially real deletirious effects on your health. Remember that smoking a cigar without inhaling or chewing thereupon is actually fairly safe, but the bad news happens if you chew/hold it in your mouth- and - natch- inhale. So, if you want to try and keep as safe as possible while smoking cigars, not inhaling, and only having the cigar in your mouth briefly while you draw on it is the way to go.

Having said that, I worked with a guy in the early 1980s that ALWAYS had a cigar in his mouth, usually unlit, and usually disgustingly sloppy wet. And, I remembnr a fellow that used to roll up tobacco leaves and chew them- right off the stalk.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 07:02 PM 01-16-2011
Growing up, my best friend's dad always chewed cigars. He would go thru 3-4 a day, minimum. and NEVER spit! After many years of this, my father got him started on chew. Claude would buy boxes of King B (I think that was the name) rope chewing tobacco by the case, and go thru that stuff like candy! and yes, he never spit the juices from that either!
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:55 PM 01-16-2011
One of the guys I herf with at the Shilo chews his cigars while he smokes them. I think this is one of the reasons that he goes for really large ring gauges. Usually he is only able to smoke them half way before he has to toss them.
[Reply]
Ismith75 05:35 PM 01-17-2011
I chew on a cigar on the train or during class on occasion
[Reply]
shilala 08:43 PM 01-17-2011
I chew on them when I'm smoking them. It's hard not to, but sometimes I don't.
[Reply]
TheCigarNut 09:12 PM 01-17-2011
I will catch myself chewing on a good cigar near the end or on a petite corona or something smaller - usually when unlit. My father would chew on his cigars too but like me (or me like him haha) unlit and while working in the garage or yard.
[Reply]
shilala 07:34 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Usually he is only able to smoke them half way before he has to toss them.
There's the kicker, right there. It's why I've tried to stop chewing and slobbering my cigars. If the cigar is really good, it's a bummer when it goes out when I've only smoked half or two thirds of it.
Another reason is that no one in their right mind wants to share with me, and that's a bummer when I want someone to try the cigar I'm smoking.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:51 AM 01-18-2011
When I think of cigar chewing, it's physical and mental tobacco addiction than a hobby or passion.
[Reply]
sparkboss 01:00 AM 01-22-2011
i've only seen this on one occasion and it was in a classic movie "bruce lee fights back from the grave". a curious man in a trench coat had always tossed away his expended cigars with a large indent in the head from chomping on it - me being the curious neeb i am thought i'd like to try it, but i'm too afraid of damaging the cigar and it falling apart on me
[Reply]
hotreds 08:24 AM 01-22-2011
The other point is that to me, "chewing" is what you do to gum, I can't imagine a cigar surviving my chewing it!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:33 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by sparkboss:
i've only seen this on one occasion and it was in a classic movie "bruce lee fights back from the grave". a curious man in a trench coat had always tossed away his expended cigars with a large indent in the head from chomping on it - me being the curious neeb i am thought i'd like to try it, but i'm too afraid of damaging the cigar and it falling apart on me
Originally Posted by imdb.com:
A lightning bolt strikes the grave of Bruce Lee. However, that is as much as Bruce Lee has to do with it. Then a kung fu instructor starts a quest to avenge a friend's death, and on the way has a romance with a girl with similar problems. He eventually finds the bad guys behind it all, and has several fights with them...
Sounds classic! :-)
[Reply]
Chemyst 05:24 PM 01-22-2011
Every once in a while I'd run into an old-timer that chewed his
cigar, usually after it went out, rather than relight it.

Now I am an old-timer, and I make sure they don't go out.

Sometimes I'll clamp down on a yard 'gar, when I have to use
two hands. After several clamps, it might appear to be chewed.
But good cigars never get a chance to go out.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up