Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Acid cigars
Volusianator 11:21 AM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Ya know, Wade, there's a lot of stuff put on the dinner table that I eat, but it doesn't necessarily make it great.
To you, but to someone else, it may be their favorite dish. Just sayin', I've said a thousand times in the humidor at work, "every cigar in here is terrible, every cigar in here is wonderful...to someone." Just no disputing that.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:55 AM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
That's because the only one that YOU liked was that particular cigar, when truth of the matter is, they're all great cigars...to someone. If the Opulence is the only one you'd recommend, it surprises me that Drew Estate sells the Kuba Kuba and Blondie 3/1 over anything else in the Acid line.
What does my recommendation have to do with the sales figures of Drew Estate's product line? It was just a recommendation. Others who have smoked Acids are welcome to recommend their favorites, but I don't see them posting in here.

Just trying to help a brother out--a brother who I've shared sticks with before.
[Reply]
Volusianator 03:44 PM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
just warnin' :-)
Just an implication that the others are bad.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:49 PM 01-15-2011
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. :-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 06:08 PM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Buy a tupperware container at Walmart and throw 'em in there. :-)
Yes, what he said...lmao:-)
[Reply]
sammyboy405 11:05 AM 01-16-2011
Would this Apply basically to any "Flavored" Cigar? The only Flavored Cigar I Smoke really is the Drew Estate Tubak Especial I love those, and are my #1 Favorite Infused Cigar.

Ive kept them in General Cigar Population in my Humidors, But They usually dont last long because I end up smoking them.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:15 AM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by sammyboy405:
Would this Apply basically to any "Flavored" Cigar? The only Flavored Cigar I Smoke really is the Drew Estate Tubak Especial I love those, and are my #1 Favorite Infused Cigar.

Ive kept them in General Cigar Population in my Humidors, But They usually dont last long because I end up smoking them.
It will take many weeks if not months for flavors to meld between cigars. Over the short term storing any infused cigar will not likely have any negative affect. Just because you can smell some of the flavors does not mean it has penetrated the cigar enough to notice any difference in taste. Most of us are very paranoid about our cigar storage but in reality cigars are much more durable than we think. :-)
[Reply]
jesseboston81 11:18 AM 01-16-2011
Paranoid is probably the best way to describe things, but I'd rather just not take any chance of flavors melding. I don't smoke flavored/infused cigars, but I've got a CAO vanilla that my fiancee wanted me to grab for her so that she can smoke with me sometime, and it's patiently waiting in its own small tupperware until she wants it.
[Reply]
sammyboy405 11:28 AM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
It will take many weeks if not months for flavors to meld between cigars. Over the short term storing any infused cigar will not likely have any negative affect. Just because you can smell some of the flavors does not mean it has penetrated the cigar enough to notice any difference in taste. Most of us are very paranoid about our cigar storage but in reality cigars are much more durable than we think. :-)
Sounds Reasonable enough.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:27 PM 01-16-2011
Bob, what about the humidor itself? Any chance that the wood might hold some of that infused smell for a period of time extending past removing the cigars?
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 05:18 PM 01-16-2011
I have stored flavored cigars in a bag in my humidor before. They only stayed in there maybe a week, but the bag did a good job of holding it in and not spreading to the rest of the humi.
[Reply]
bobarian 06:15 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Bob, what about the humidor itself? Any chance that the wood might hold some of that infused smell for a period of time extending past removing the cigars?
I've only dealt specifically with the Tabak Especial's Sammy asked about in his post. Given the short amount of time(a few weeks) I dont see how they could affect the wood. Month's at a time or with large quantity of more strongly infused cigars, then alternate storage is probably best. But you will find most B&M's store many, many boxes of Acid's in very close proximity to their regular stock.

Also, if you consider the amount of exposed surface area and the cello wrappers on both the infused and regular cigars, the amount of oil transference seems like it would be very minimal. When tobacco is infused at the factory it is done before rolling the leaves, a much larger surface area is exposed than you have with a rolled cigar. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:34 PM 01-16-2011
Thanks Bob. :-)
[Reply]
W.B. 07:31 PM 01-16-2011
Put them in the potpourri bowl in the washroom, imo the best use for them.
[Reply]
sparkboss 05:33 AM 01-17-2011
before i go right into what i wanted to say i would like to introduce myself!! names micah sparks - and as odd as it may sound (to some) i am a male, some just comment its a female name regularly but i beg to differ seeing as how i recieved the name via the bible and micah was a man as well!

anywho, i was just surfing the web about cigars and i wound up here on the cigar asylum forums. and i know there's no better way to get to be educated in cigars and cigar smoking but to spend time on furms with professionals and true connoisuers! i've only been smoking cigars for about three quarters of a year but havent been able to smoke cigars on a regular basis and get more acquainted to tasting the wide variety of great tastes. so with my new found hobby i learned some smoking techniques on youtube with smoke rings pipe dreams' videos and was easily fascinated with infused cigars such as the tabak especial.

but just the other day i was shopping online for some cigars since i cant find any cigar shops where i'm currently stationed in japan. on this website i found the tabak especial line and ordered a smaller box of both the dulce and the negra line within tabak especial. but since i'm in the military i can only (and barely) afford space for one travel size humidor that fits roughly 20 cigars. if i store both these cigars in the humidor how bad do you think storing the two together would effect the taste of one another? and if i were to store some in a bag, are plastic bags like ziplocks qualifiable?

i apologize for the long paragraphs, i've always got a lot to say! but thanks in advance for any replies :-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 06:35 AM 01-17-2011
I keep a tin on hand on my top shelf after My pallet walked away from them it doesn't concern me how fresh I keep em.
[Reply]
CoreyD 06:37 AM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by sparkboss:
if i store both these cigars in the humidor how bad do you think storing the two together would effect the taste of one another? and if i were to store some in a bag, are plastic bags like ziplocks qualifiable?

i apologize for the long paragraphs, i've always got a lot to say! but thanks in advance for any replies :-)
I have 1 red eye in my humi that hasn't effected the other sticks yet and its been in my traveldor for a long while. The Tabak red eye is more a cigar than infused though, at least to me.
[Reply]
OLS 06:53 AM 01-17-2011
I would even keep them away from your mouth. I can't think of anything good that could come from it.

I kid, hell I have a few. Same amount I had 2 years ago.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:44 AM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by sparkboss:
before i go right into what i wanted to say i would like to introduce myself!! names micah sparks - and as odd as it may sound (to some) i am a male, some just comment its a female name regularly but i beg to differ seeing as how i recieved the name via the bible and micah was a man as well!

anywho, i was just surfing the web about cigars and i wound up here on the cigar asylum forums. and i know there's no better way to get to be educated in cigars and cigar smoking but to spend time on furms with professionals and true connoisuers! i've only been smoking cigars for about three quarters of a year but havent been able to smoke cigars on a regular basis and get more acquainted to tasting the wide variety of great tastes. so with my new found hobby i learned some smoking techniques on youtube with smoke rings pipe dreams' videos and was easily fascinated with infused cigars such as the tabak especial.

but just the other day i was shopping online for some cigars since i cant find any cigar shops where i'm currently stationed in japan. on this website i found the tabak especial line and ordered a smaller box of both the dulce and the negra line within tabak especial. but since i'm in the military i can only (and barely) afford space for one travel size humidor that fits roughly 20 cigars. if i store both these cigars in the humidor how bad do you think storing the two together would effect the taste of one another? and if i were to store some in a bag, are plastic bags like ziplocks qualifiable?

Welcome aboard. Please take a moment to introduce yourself here: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7

You will also find a ton of information located in the stickies at the top of each forum section.

To your question, there is no problem storing these cigars together as both the only difference is the wrapper. The Dulce being a natural wrapper and the Negra a maduro. Plastic ziplocks or tupperware make great short term storage. :-)
[Reply]
sparkboss 04:22 AM 01-18-2011
thats why i was wondering, they are essentially the same cigar but i've still got much to learn!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up