Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>Verizon Finally Lands iPhone!
E.J. 09:23 AM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Wish I could say there was a difference other than mine usually has better service than hers, specially when we are in the Keys.
I think that is very relevant when talking about carriers.... You are often talking apples and oranges related to what area of the country you are in.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:28 AM 01-08-2011
Always trying to stir the pot. Carlos has proven once again that he is the Master Baiter.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 11:09 AM 01-08-2011
Good news in these parts as Verizon's signal is much better in my area. I have friends and/or family on AT&T and Sprint, and each have a lot more problems getting a signal/dropped calls, etc.

Now, to decide if I want to upgrade...:-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 11:50 AM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I think that is very relevant when talking about carriers.... You are often talking apples and oranges related to what area of the country you are in.:-)
Well put. I was on Verizon and switched to an iPhone on AT&T. The AT&T service in my area is HORRIBLE. My contract is up next month and I'm going back to Verizon whether it be to an iPhone or a Droid I don't really care. I think they're pretty comparable.
[Reply]
captain53 11:58 AM 01-08-2011
New Droid X's for the entire family for Christmas - everyone is very happy! :-)

I have tried them all except T-Mobile and all cell service providers are nickel & dime crooks so I don't think it really matters that much which one you use.
[Reply]
Stephen 12:00 PM 01-08-2011
Believe me, not as hard to do as you think. I too was a loyal Verizon customer until I got my iPhone.
I too was afraid to leave Verizon.
Turns out I went from the 3 to the 4 and am still alive and well, as confirmed by recent physical, to include a rectal prostate check.

(posted from iPhone 4)
Was that part of your carrier plan, or did you have to pay extra? What's the penalty for early termination?:-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 12:06 PM 01-08-2011
I think VZN is going to be hard pressed to get people to port from ATT if their data package is going to cost people more. People love the service, but it comes at a price.
[Reply]
jitzy 12:14 PM 01-08-2011
I have the iphone now and honestly do hope Verizon gets it, just makes for good pricing wars and better coverage. When guys jump ship from ATT (we all know they will) it will free up some of the coverage zones and hopefully make everything better.
[Reply]
neoflex 12:28 PM 01-08-2011
When I am ready renew and dump my Junkberry, I am still going to jump on the Droid Train. I use nothing but Macs at home but if the iPhone still doesn't have Flash capability when it's time to upgrade than I will still not have any interest in the iPhone.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:39 PM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Always trying to stir the pot. Carlos has proven once again that he is the Master Baiter.

:-) :-)
Moi?

BTW,
Forgot to mention, I have to admit, I have many occasions where my AT&T service sucks!!!
I can't believe that they have yet to figure out how to give me service when my phone is dead.
[Reply]
MikeyC 06:37 PM 01-08-2011
Moi?

BTW,
Forgot to mention, I have to admit, I have many occasions where my AT&T service sucks!!!
I can't believe that they have yet to figure out how to give me service when my phone is dead.
Use your iPhone up here where I live for a few days. You won't think it's so great after that. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:41 PM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
Use your iPhone up here where I live for a few days. You won't think it's so great after that. :-)
You may very well be right.
Don't know where you live.
However, I travel extensively for business and have yet to find such a place.
Don't doubt it exists but I have yet to hit it in my countrywide ride.
I am sure I will eventually find it as I am on a mission.
[Reply]
chachee52 06:31 AM 01-09-2011
I am actually in both worlds.
Wife has Verizon from my old account and just renewed.
I am on AT&T.
Wish I could say there was a difference other than mine usually has better service than hers, specially when we are in the Keys.
I had At&t a while back, I would get voice messages three days after they were left and no one could tell me why. Around here, my Verizon has much better service than at&t did.
Now the question with your quote is, why do you need a phone in the Keys? Just sit back, relax and throw the phone away!! :-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 06:40 AM 01-09-2011
You may very well be right.
Don't know where you live.
However, I travel extensively for business and have yet to find such a place.
Don't doubt it exists but I have yet to hit it in my countrywide ride.
I am sure I will eventually find it as I am on a mission.
I live a few miles outside of Boston. But that doesn't matter. I've had calls dropped right in the middle of the city. I live in a heavily populated area and there are HUGE dead areas all over the place here with AT&T.

I have no doubt that the quality of service from AT&T varies from place to place and the same can be said about all the cell providers. Around here Verizon has MUCH better coverage. I'm sure you've travelled extensively and I'm very happy for you that you haven't had coverage issues while doing so, but reports of poor service aren't just made up.
[Reply]
sofaman 06:57 AM 01-09-2011
This sucks I just got a Droid X last week
[Reply]
hammondc 08:27 AM 01-09-2011
Yaaawwwwwnnnnn. I am just waiting out the next few months so I can get a Droid 2 when I am due for a renewal.
[Reply]
EricF 09:03 AM 01-09-2011
I personnally will wait. I am with Verizon (love the service and coverage) and I would not get the first gen of this Iphone. I saw what has progressed with the AT&T version and I think I will wait and let all the bugs be worked out first.
[Reply]
blugill 10:53 AM 01-09-2011
I'm always wondering if it isn't a Grass Is Always Greener argument.
[Reply]
AD720 09:29 AM 01-11-2011
Ok now it's official :-)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp

No 4G LTE = iYawn. Wake me up in June when the iPhone 5g LTE is out.
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:38 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by AD720:
Ok now it's official :-)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp

No 4G LTE = iYawn. Wake me up in June when the iPhone 5g LTE is out.

This is the killer....people currently with VZ jumping the gun by getting the iphone ASAP. I think I will wait until the summer for the supposed 5g iphone. Heck, I've been patiently waiting over 2 years for this day to come.....what's another few months :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up