Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Mark Twain, Huck Finn, and the Great PC Revolution...
T.G 10:17 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
What would Twain say???
Read his autobiography and find out...
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:19 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
We need to get over this PC crap and start being authentic!
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I don't agree with this comment. I do think this book, and others. should be left alone. That doesn't mean that trying to be politically correct is wrong. It is wrong if it's taken to far. Not calling someone "N*****" in the street is polite and moral. It will also avoid problems. Same gos for a lot of acts of PC. Sometimes it is taken way too far, though.
I gues it all depends upon what you call PC. Requiring teachers to use purple ink to grade tests because red and green have too many "connotations" of right and wrong is crap. Changing the grading system so that no one gets an F is crap. I can go on and on.

Not using the "N" word is not an issue of PC -- it is one of courtesy and respect.
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:21 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Read his autobiography and find out...
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I'm positive he already said it.
That was my point!:-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:22 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I gues it all depends upon what you call PC. Requiring teachers to use purple ink to grade tests because red and green have too many "connotations" of right and wrong is crap. Changing the grading system so that no one gets an F is crap. I can go on and on.

Not using the "N" word is not an issue of PC -- it is one of courtesy and respect.
I agree with everything you just said with one minor exception. Not using the "N" word is out of courtesy and respect, as well as PC. It would seem that we're mostly on the same page here. I did not see that so clearly earlier and I now applaud you.
[Reply]
hscmit 11:40 AM 01-06-2011
mindless PC BS
[Reply]
potlimit 11:50 AM 01-06-2011
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug." Mark Twain

He did already say it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up