Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Xikar Cutter-Not Released to Public Yet
kelmac07 01:51 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Cutters with backstops are called "noob cutters". :-)
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 02:02 PM 01-02-2011
damnedest thing.

EVERY double guillotine cutter has a "noob" backstop.

Or did everyone forget laying the cutter flat on the table? Did you forget WHY every double guillotine cutter is so thin?
[Reply]
Bill86 02:06 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Yeah.... with a spade drill bit.
:-) :-)

The cutter looks kinda cheap and the backstop is lame. I don't know if you could call me a noob for it but I've never seen a cutter with a backstop :-)
[Reply]
T.G 02:31 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
:-) :-)

The cutter looks kinda cheap and the backstop is lame. I don't know if you could call me a noob for it but I've never seen a cutter with a backstop :-)
They have their uses. I keep a Liga Privada No. 9 metal cutter w/ backstop in my glovebox for cutting cigars while driving. If you have to cut a cigar in low light or have to cut a bunch of cigars in a hurry - like at my brothers wedding, I brought only the LP9 cutter for that reason, I was cutting and handing out cigars pretty quickly, and, being California, we had to be outside the hotel, which wasn't all that well lit at night. Also nice when you're bobbing around on a boat or something, no worries about miscutting due to a pitch or roll right when you squeeze. etc...
[Reply]
icehog3 08:46 PM 01-02-2011
So did you get yours yet? :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:54 AM 01-03-2011
I like my noob cutters and use them all the time :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 11:50 AM 01-03-2011
Nice! Congrats Katmann!
[Reply]
Katmancross 09:21 PM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Is the stop removable?
No
[Reply]
Katmancross 09:23 PM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
QUOTE=T.G;1115951]Yeah.... with a spade drill bit.
well that works.[/quote]

I can't hear you.....the Sawzall is making too much noise.
[Reply]
Bill86 09:26 PM 01-03-2011
They have their uses. I keep a Liga Privada No. 9 metal cutter w/ backstop in my glovebox for cutting cigars while driving. If you have to cut a cigar in low light or have to cut a bunch of cigars in a hurry - like at my brothers wedding, I brought only the LP9 cutter for that reason, I was cutting and handing out cigars pretty quickly, and, being California, we had to be outside the hotel, which wasn't all that well lit at night. Also nice when you're bobbing around on a boat or something, no worries about miscutting due to a pitch or roll right when you squeeze. etc...
Never would have thought about that. Great points, I usually smoke on the deck so I got nothing but time :-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 07:09 AM 01-05-2011
Cuban Crafters has sold metal versions of these for years called Perfect Cutters. They actually have a small round hole in the middle of the back stop so you can cut torpedos and such as well. I bought one a few years ago for a really cheap price at the time and used it on and off for several years when it crossed my path. It's nice to use when you um maybe have had one or ten too many to drink and keeps the cap from falling to the floor in a friends car as well.
[Reply]
Krish the Fish 02:45 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
It's nice to use when you um maybe have had one or ten too many to drink and keeps the cap from falling to the floor in a friends car as well.
:-)

I've never used a cutter with a backstop, but I imagine if it's got the Xikar name on it, it can't be so bad.
[Reply]
ajacobs 04:47 PM 01-05-2011
So no torepedos with this thing
[Reply]
weak_link 05:33 PM 01-05-2011
Sweet, I have a few of the all-metal Liga Privada and JdN backstop cutters from Jon Drew, how many noobs can I go out and cut with them? Is there a limit? Do you smoke your noobs band or band off? What's the best humidity for storing a noob? I know better than to ask if you should store them cello on or off.
I've actually been using the one you gave me quite a bit. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as much as I have been. Thx broham. :-)
[Reply]
SNKBYT 06:07 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
Cuban Crafters has sold metal versions of these for years called Perfect Cutters. They actually have a small round hole in the middle of the back stop so you can cut torpedos and such as well. I bought one a few years ago for a really cheap price at the time and used it on and off for several years when it crossed my path. It's nice to use when you um maybe have had one or ten too many to drink and keeps the cap from falling to the floor in a friends car as well.
http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/5013
[Reply]
T.G 06:08 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by ajacobs:
So no torepedos with this thing
You most certainly can cut torpedoes, belicosos and other figurados with pointy heads with these cutters, you just have to do it a few times to work your way up the cigar.
[Reply]
T.G 06:20 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by weak_link:
I've actually been using the one you gave me quite a bit. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as much as I have been. Thx broham. :-)
Cool deal, you're welcome bro. I really like those LP9 cutters myself. Out of the half-dozen or so different styles/brands I own, it's by far the fastest cutting cutter I own and ties the Zino for cleanness of cuts. The Zino can't cut over 47-49 RG though....
[Reply]
waffle 06:54 AM 01-06-2011
I actually won a JdN cutter and enjoy using it like TG in dimly light times and when I have a bunch of people over and we've imbibed a bit excessively... it really does a nice job.
[Reply]
Frodo 11:38 AM 01-06-2011
I've got one like that by Madaline (sp) who was bought out by Xikar. Coincidence?
[Reply]
Katmancross 05:38 PM 01-07-2011
You most certainly can cut torpedoes, belicosos and other figurados with pointy heads with these cutters, you just have to do it a few times to work your way up the cigar.

That's how I do it. two clips for a torpedo
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up