Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>pistol or cigars?
Superbad 10:05 PM 01-01-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Have you been drinking tonight, igmo?
Greg, err.. igmo... I think you have earned a new nickname :-)

Pistols are good, but a cigar is less likely to get me in trouble.
Stock up on good smokes, then save for the gun.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:52 PM 01-01-2011
Originally Posted by Devanmc:
but ill be leaving the service soon and living on my own. So ive been thinking about and researching buying a pistol.
Not sure I follow how those are related, but it made me :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:52 PM 01-01-2011
Glock 23 :-)

I love mine! :-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 12:00 AM 01-02-2011
I have faith in my local pd and live in a tamed town. and since I'm a felon from a young hairbrained case I can't own a weopan so I say cigars, plus legally in our state you can;t conceal it brings me back to tamed town and little in house gun burglaries so cigars as well
[Reply]
icehog3 01:40 AM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by HollywoodQue:
Sounds like the standard issue for Illinois PD....My ex is the Deputy Chief in North Chicago PD, that's what they carry.
I wish that was my duty carry, Howard, we carry the Glock 17. I am much more comfortable with the Sig Sauer.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:44 AM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I wish that was my duty carry, Howard, we carry the Glock 17. I am much more comfortable with the Sig Sauer.
Which Sig Sauer Tom?
[Reply]
icehog3 01:46 AM 01-02-2011
I have the P220 DAK, Bill.
[Reply]
J0eybb 01:49 AM 01-02-2011
Pistol
[Reply]
Bill86 01:52 AM 01-02-2011
Ah I can definitely see why you would be more comfortable with that than a Glock :-) Didn't like a full size Glock either. Had one, sold it. Frankly I don't think it shot straight worth a crap either or maybe it's just me and I shoot twice as good with a 1911.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:17 AM 01-02-2011
Colt 1911 a tried and true proven stopper :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 05:50 AM 01-02-2011
Clock grip angles aren't for everyone.

My advise is to go to a shop with a range and rental pistols. Shoot a few of them and see what suits you.

As for what I have. I have an xd40 subcompact for my carry and a walther p99 40 for target and home protection.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
SNKBYT 06:54 AM 01-02-2011
I'd vote firearm......when I got off active duty (long ago), I got a Ruger Single Six 22cal.....then when I returned from OEF, I got a Kimber Raptor 45acp.....and now that I'm retiring from the service I'll be getting a rifle......& I still buy cigars..........so you can do both if planning ahead
[Reply]
floydpink 07:16 AM 01-02-2011
I'm a skinny guy who is normally in cargo shorts.

An Airweight S&W 38 special is perfect for me and is always on me.

Crimson Trace laser grips sure help with accuracy.

yeah it only carries 5, but if I need more, that means I am in a long gun battle and should have been gone long ago.

I'd rather have it on me than any cigar.
[Reply]
Starz26 08:38 AM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I'm a skinny guy who is normally in cargo shorts.

An Airweight S&W 38 special is perfect for me and is always on me.

Crimson Trace laser grips sure help with accuracy.

yeah it only carries 5, but if I need more, that means I am in a long gun battle and should have been gone long ago.

I'd rather have it on me than any cigar.
Love my S&W 340PD (38+P & .357 @ 11oz). icehog I love my sigs as well. So those would be my two choices..

I also agree with the other comments about gun first, cigars next.

Like other said the gun can save your life....
[Reply]
justonemorestick 08:49 AM 01-02-2011
Go with either the M&P or the Sig.
[Reply]
floydpink 10:29 AM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by Starz26:
Love my S&W 340PD (38+P & .357 @ 11oz). icehog I love my sigs as well. So those would be my two choices..

I also agree with the other comments about gun first, cigars next.

Like other said the gun can save your life....
Nice, I love that scandium model.

Mines just the plain old 38. I'll bet yours has quite a kick shooting 357's.
[Reply]
neoflex 10:44 AM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
Devan I would look at a 9 or 45. Dont get me wrong I love the 40 but if you are not reloading I would consider the availability of ammo. Knowing you are in the army I am sure you are familiar with the 9mm. I would go to the gun shop and pick up a bunch of pistols and see what feels right. After the feel test then go shoot your top 3 or 4 about a mag each with a few rounds two handed on and off hand and then a few one handed shots in each hand to see how it shoots for you. Then you should be set on your choice. If the .40 is your choice its a good one dont get me wrong I just like knowing I can get ammo when I want it. On a side note I just bought my first revolver and it has opened a whole new world of shooting to me. You can find an XD, Glock, M&P for about the cost of 2 boxes of cigars and the gun will last a lifetime. The gun helps ensure you last a life time as well.
I also vote for a pistol. Been seeing your recent pick ups and it seems like you have a pretty good stash going anyway.
I own a .45 and .40 and find in my area at least that .40 ammo is by far the easiest to pickup with 9mm slowly becoming more readily available but not as much as the .40 round. Around here at least I can run out and get .40 ammo whenever I want but .45 is just about impossible to find unless I am looking to overpay and when I do find it I am spending more than what I want to stock up. I would just research what ammo is easily accessible for you where you will be living.
[Reply]
neoflex 10:47 AM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by justonemorestick:
Go with either the M&P or the Sig.
Love my M&P. Solid weapon that is very, very affordable and super reliable. I think when I bought my .40 I payed just a little more than $400 . At the time they were running a rebate for money back and two free mags.
If your looking for a solid deal and have an FFL that won't rake you over the coals check out Budsgunshop.com.
[Reply]
msayewich 10:53 AM 01-02-2011
S&w or beretta and cigars

Need both for the zombie apocalypse. All are welcome at my place to hold down then fort. One must bring one or the other for entry.
[Reply]
Devanmc 10:55 AM 01-02-2011
i suggest full body searchs for bite marks? both for males and females :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Up