Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>He was right.....he was going to die today
waffle 05:52 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
u-tube makes you sign up to watch it. I saw it on liveleak.
If nobody on a campus can have a gun the what you have is a concentrated group of defenseless victims.
The purse swinging woman could have taken hum out if she had some spray perfume or hair spray for his eyes. Pepper spray even better.
The real question is where was the guy with the gun... i.e. the security guard!!! and this wasn't a "campus" it was a K-12 school... are we going to start arming minors now? This is an awful slippery slope... do I agree that they need to employ more people peace officers (people who are recertified every year and take more than 1 10 hour class) so there aren't a group of defenseless victims around? Yes I do, however do I think its a good idea for anyone with a CCW to be able to carry on school property? No, I know for a fact that normally rational parents can become quickly irrational when their loved ones are concerned and that could have dire consequences when it comes to CCWs and thats not a risk I feel we should take on.
[Reply]
RGD. 06:31 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by waffle:
You realize that this occurred at a school board function, i.e. a restricted firearms site in just about all 50 states? Shooting the man would never have been an option, even if she had her concealed permit...
Exactly. I don't know if Florida has a Castle Doctrine, but even if they do it wouldn't cover her shooting him.

Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
Or even one other person in the room. I just want to know why the security guard took almost 5 minutes to shoot him.
I believe he was doing what he is trained to do in that situation. I worked security some 30 years ago for a while after I got out of the Army. He should have observed and tried to control the situation until the police arrived. Which I think he did a good job of - he made his presence known, observed and then controlled the situation when the gunman fired. I think I would have continued to talk to him though - distract him enough for the board to run out that back door. But you know - who knows.

Ron
[Reply]
RGD. 06:36 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by waffle:
. . . do I agree that they need to employ more people peace officers (people who are recertified every year and take more than 1 10 hour class) so there aren't a group of defenseless victims around? . . .
Here in Virginia - specifically Fairfax County - each school has at least one Fairfax County Police Officer assigned to it complete with squad car - not security officers.

Ron
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up