Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Can anyone help me sort this measly selection?
Ranger_B 08:04 PM 12-02-2010
Max another online place is Fullers pullers. Nice thing I find there are the sampler packs are full of good cigars not one or two good cigars and some less then desireables mixed in to get rid of. His samplers are arranged by origin, strength, Wrapper, etc. One to start with would be this: http://fullerspullers.us/catalog/pro...7343000ed4376a pretty mild cigars similar to the ashton you smoked. Another is this maduro sampler http://fullerspullers.us/catalog/pro...7343000ed4376a. With any cigars shipped from Joe Fuller you get a humi-pouch sealed in a plastic bag and if you keep this package in a tupperwear you could keep those cigars for a good month or so. Just another choice to add on top of the others mentioned above. Another option would be just to shoot me a pm with your address and in the spirit of the season I could put something together for you.
[Reply]
guitar4001 06:49 PM 12-04-2010
In Kansas City, there's a ton of cigars and some great smoking locations, BUT here in Leavenworth the "pickins are slim." There is a gas station with a rather large humidor, but the guy keeps it at about 90% humidity and 80 degrees. I saw more mold there than on a loaf of month old bread.
[Reply]
TheFool 11:00 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by guitar4001:
In Kansas City, there's a ton of cigars and some great smoking locations, BUT here in Leavenworth the "pickins are slim." There is a gas station with a rather large humidor, but the guy keeps it at about 90% humidity and 80 degrees. I saw more mold there than on a loaf of month old bread.
That's pretty harsh. I know what you mean though, there's just nor much interest in it down here. Luckily I'm moving in less than a year, and If I end up where I think I will there is a great smoke shop with a huge walk in humidor and people who know their stuff, I'm really looking forward to spending my afternoons there.
[Reply]
TheFool 11:04 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
Another option would be just to shoot me a pm with your address and in the spirit of the season I could put something together for you.
This community is amazing! You're the second person who has offered to just send me something, it's amazing. I hope I can get a nice enough collection going eventually that I can give back to everyone here.
[Reply]
Ismith75 11:27 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by TheFool:
This community is amazing! You're the second person who has offered to just send me something, it's amazing. I hope I can get a nice enough collection going eventually that I can give back to everyone here.
I'll get in on this too. I got finals this week but shoot me a PM and I'll put something together. :-)
[Reply]
TheFool 08:39 AM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by Ismith75:
I'll get in on this too. I got finals this week but shoot me a PM and I'll put something together. :-)
Ha ha I don't know what to say. . . wow, thanks!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:52 AM 12-05-2010
Ha ha I don't know what to say. . . wow, thanks!
:-)
[Reply]
TheFool 08:54 AM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
:-)

Hey, Happy Hanuka!
[Reply]
Gary 10:44 AM 12-05-2010
I'll get in on this as well -- shoot me a PM -- I'll send you a few sticks.
[Reply]
TheFool 11:18 AM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by Gary:
I'll get in on this as well -- shoot me a PM -- I'll send you a few sticks.
You guys are really unbelievably kind, I can't thank you enough!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:56 AM 12-05-2010
Hey, Happy Hanuka!
Thanks! :-)

Dang, this starting to look like a group bomb, huh?
[Reply]
TheFool 12:17 PM 12-05-2010
Thanks! :-)

Dang, this starting to look like a group bomb, huh?
It's getting pretty crazy, I really can't thank everyone enough. I'm going to start a cigar journal, and I'm really looking forward to trying all these new cigars out. It'll make a great start to entering the cigar world, but I'm a little afraid people will send too much!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:22 PM 12-05-2010
It's getting pretty crazy, I really can't thank everyone enough. I'm going to start a cigar journal, and I'm really looking forward to trying all these new cigars out. It'll make a great start to entering the cigar world, but I'm a little afraid people will send too much!
you can never have too much! :-)

A cigar journal is a great idea! I had one for a while when I was starting out.
[Reply]
OLS 12:25 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Punch, Fuente, Macanudo, Partagas all make LOTS of different cigars...tough to make a call with just a marca name, and not the specific cigars identified. :-)
I would agree with Tom here, if this is all the info they can give, they either
do not know what they are doing or do not have the time to deal with this kind of inquiry, either of which
would fail my test. Strapp on your guugle helmet and search for cigar reviews and read some stuff.
Then find an internet vendor that sells what you want, price shop and then order.
[Reply]
TheFool 12:34 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
I would agree with Tom here, if this is all the info they can give, they either
do not know what they are doing or do not have the time to deal with this kind of inquiry, either of which
would fail my test. Strapp on your guugle helmet and search for cigar reviews and read some stuff.
Then find an internet vendor that sells what you want, price shop and then order.
They really just sell them as an afterthought. It's a restaurant / bar with a little liquor store and in the liquor store thay have a little humidor with 4 or 5 cigars, it's unfortunate but my town just doesn't have a real smoke shop. I guess there really isn't much of a market for it here.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:37 PM 12-05-2010
They really just sell them as an afterthought. It's a restaurant / bar with a little liquor store and in the liquor store thay have a little humidor with 4 or 5 cigars, it's unfortunate but my town just doesn't have a real smoke shop. I guess there really isn't much of a market for it here.
Looks like the Internet is your friend here. I see those smaller places that sell cigars and I don't trust them one bit. My bet is they'll smoke horribly and they don't pay any attention to taking care of them properly.
[Reply]
TheFool 12:37 PM 12-05-2010
you can never have too much! :-)

A cigar journal is a great idea! I had one for a while when I was starting out.
Ha ha sure, but I should get my hands on a humidor so I can store cigars. I was planning on just trying singles for a while, but if everyone is going to be sending me cigars. . . I really ought to get a humidor. Someone here mentioned they might have an extra one laying around, but I haven't heard back from them, do you have any suggestions? Preferably something simple, and not too expensive
[Reply]
TheFool 12:39 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Looks like the Internet is your friend here. I see those smaller places that sell cigars and I don't trust them one bit. My bet is they'll smoke horribly and they don't pay any attention to taking care of them properly.
That's my guess too, that they just aren't taking proper care of them. I'll probably use the Internet until I move, by this time next year (if i end up where I think I will) I'll be in a town with a great smoke shop. I'm really looking forward to spending some time in there just talking to the people there and trying new things
[Reply]
ylo2na 03:50 PM 12-05-2010
Whatever road you take regarding humidors and cigar sites, stay away from CIGARBID.COM. Not that their cigars arent good and the deals fantastic, from time to time, but, you wont be able to resist the road to temptation to compete with other cigar lovers to bid and buy, and bid and buy, and bid and buy until you will become on a firstname basis with the FEDEX and UPS drivers who deliver your precious winnings; which, in turn, will necessitate needing a place to store your sticks...namely, in a walk-in humidor, not some 30 or 40 count humidor. Trust me from first hand experience, a very slippery slope and it happens very quickly. Now I know what those gamblers feel like when pulling the one arm bandits in Vegas.
Best hunting,
Ylo2na
[Reply]
TheFool 04:21 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by ylo2na:
Whatever road you take regarding humidors and cigar sites, stay away from CIGARBID.COM. Not that their cigars arent good and the deals fantastic, from time to time, but, you wont be able to resist the road to temptation to compete with other cigar lovers to bid and buy, and bid and buy, and bid and buy until you will become on a firstname basis with the FEDEX and UPS drivers who deliver your precious winnings; which, in turn, will necessitate needing a place to store your sticks...namely, in a walk-in humidor, not some 30 or 40 count humidor. Trust me from first hand experience, a very slippery slope and it happens very quickly. Now I know what those gamblers feel like when pulling the one arm bandits in Vegas.
Best hunting,
Ylo2na
Ha ha thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind. I think I'll probably stay away from the bidding stuff till I know a little more about cigars and what I like in a cigar
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up