Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Puff, Puff, Pass.
tenbaseg 04:25 PM 11-28-2010
It's all personal preference. If you don't want to PPP, just politely decline.

I don't PPP for personal health reasons. I've declined many. I've never seen anyone take it personal or get offended.
[Reply]
Comedian 04:42 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
okay Bub. But I was stating that if offered a cigar in a puff pass that you should not make an issue of it at that time.

okay Bub?
My whole point was that I don't think I would want to be involved in a PPP in the first place so it would never even come to that. But, if by some chance I got over my anxiety about germs and somebody handed me a slimy smoke, then I would most certainly decline and possibly comment on the slimy party foul.. in true ball busting fashion.

I just wanted to see what the fuss was about with the PPP, as I had never heard of it in the cigar world before.

Regardless, your response really rubbed me the wrong way, and I don't appreciate being talked down to.

..and you ignored my Japanese, which was polite by the way.
[Reply]
DaBear 04:42 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Superbad:
Just drink lots of liquor and any germs don't have a chance!
or your fears of germs
[Reply]
CasaDooley 04:45 PM 11-28-2010
I have never declined a PPP and would never think ill of someone who did not want to participate. To each their own I say and Hell, if someone does decline, that just means there's more for me!:-)
[Reply]
joeobx 05:54 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by :
I try and make sure when Bob passes me a cigar, I wet that son of a bish so he won't want it back
:-):-)

Originally Posted by :
Seems kinda gross... but... as long as everyone doesnt slobber all over it
:-)

Originally Posted by :
Works for me

Originally Posted by :
as I had never heard of it in the cigar world before
There no other place in the world like this, thats why they call it the Asylum.:-)

Originally Posted by :
Regardless, your response really rubbed me the wrong way, and I don't appreciate being talked down to.
I really don't think he was talking down to you, I think you started with the "bub" thing, but hey thats the peril of typing, sometimes the emotion you want doesn't come through right.

I've been a member for a little over a year and I can tell you there is no other place like it. There are people on here that will pretty much tell you your favorite smoke is crap (which is ok...leaves more for me) and then turn around and give you the shirt off there back ( most of the time it's in the form of cigars). I know if I'm somewhere and have a chance to try a CC I'm going for it. Hell Iv'e shared hits off bottles of liqueur and you more likely to get some backwash off that than a little moisture off a cigar.

just my :-)
[Reply]
Comedian 05:59 PM 11-28-2010
Well, I intended "bub" as a term of endearment.

I also assumed that he can read/write in Japanese because of the Japanese in his signature.. so I typed out something friendly and grammatically respectful due to him being much older than me.

You know what they say about assuming...

I do appreciate everyone's replies.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:00 PM 11-28-2010
I don't do that much P-P-Ping anymore, because my pallete seems to burn out quickly many times when I do, and they are usually at all day or even weekend herfs.

I have participated in many though, and have tried some wonderful rare and old smokes that I never would have had a chance to sample otherwise. Done amongst a small group, you certainly do get a chance to see how the cigar develops, as long as it doesn't get overheated. Experienced P-P-Pers know how to avoid this. And as Dennis said, dry lips, please. :-)

One other thing that I haven't seen mentioned that has been cool about many P-P-Ps has been the contrast between different cigars...truly helped me become better about picking out different flavors and profiles in cigars. Experienced BOTLs seem to become good at deciding which cigars to put into the passes, similar strength levels so that one cigar doesn't overpower everything else in tha pass.

They are a great learning experience, especially for those new to CCs. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 06:02 PM 11-28-2010
Wow. Not sure why this has gone on for 2 pages. No need for the hostility brothers! Can't we all get along?
[Reply]
icehog3 06:15 PM 11-28-2010
Wasn't I nice? :-)
[Reply]
cort 06:19 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Extremely:-)

Don't hate on the PPP
[Reply]
Comedian 06:19 PM 11-28-2010
You're Admiral Douche Bag. :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 06:21 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Comedian:
You're Admiral Douche Bag. :-)

Yes I am. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 06:21 PM 11-28-2010
Always!
[Reply]
Comedian 06:23 PM 11-28-2010
Yes I am. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:24 PM 11-28-2010
Opinions vary. :-)
[Reply]
timo 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Never ever once thought about any of this when I was younger and someone passed a joint my way :-)
[Reply]
docdoty 06:31 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Superbad:
X2
[Reply]
Whee 06:33 PM 11-28-2010
I am sensing itchy butt in the near future...:-)
[Reply]
joeobx 06:50 PM 11-28-2010
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:54 PM 11-28-2010
Okay. I know at all these herf events that a lot of you do the puff, puff, pass thing as a way to sample cigars. Correct me if I am mistaken, of course.

Also, for anybody that's ever passed a J around in their youth(or the present:-) ), isn't it frustrating when you put the J to your lips only to find somebody has slobbered all over it? This is my dilemma with the PPF.

Enlighten me, please.
Yep, and perhaps your circle of friends needs a towel?

My whole point was that I don't think I would want to be involved in a PPP in the first place so it would never even come to that. But, if by some chance I got over my anxiety about germs and somebody handed me a slimy smoke, then I would most certainly decline and possibly comment on the slimy party foul.. in true ball busting fashion.

I just wanted to see what the fuss was about with the PPP, as I had never heard of it in the cigar world before.

..and you ignored my Japanese, which was polite by the way.
It sounds like you have a paradigm you either want to change, or reinforce, and uh... sometimes I am at a lack of understanding, being pretty tactless myself.
I am trying to be polite and tactful in English, as I am not fluent in Japanese.

Sometimes when someone is coming across as arrogant, a quick pm defuses the situation quickly, especially when you suddenly realized "Oh Crap, I think that may not have come across as I would have wanted it to." I've done it. Hell, maybe I am doing it now.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up