Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>Nick Cage
Mugen910 08:51 AM 11-24-2010
I liked Face Off

Enjoyed Con Air

Enjoyed Ghost Rider..though that might be because of Eva...
[Reply]
hscmit 08:59 AM 11-24-2010
no love for Raising Arizona?
[Reply]
OpusEx 09:14 AM 11-24-2010
Though an obviously dark subject matter, I really enjoyed 8MM.

Like anyone else, Cage has good roles and bad, whether that means he made a bad decision in taking the role or the character just doesn't suit his ability/personality.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:42 AM 11-24-2010
Cage sucks, the only movie i thought he was halfway decent in recently was kickass.
[Reply]
OpusEx 09:45 AM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Cage sucks
Don't hold back there Smitty, I'm really not getting a clear understanding of how you feel about his acting :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 10:01 AM 11-24-2010
I dug on the National Treasures, Next, The Family Man, Knowing, City of Angles was decent too.

However I have to agree, he has done so many terrible roles they outweigh the good.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:35 AM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by hscmit:
no love for Raising Arizona?
My favorite Cage movie, maybe he should have stuck to comedy.

Originally Posted by Skywalker:

I like him in some things... My wife is a huge fan and we argue about his acting and hotness all the time!

So, she won't agree with you on how hot Nick is, Darrell?

:-) :-)
[Reply]
BloodSpite 10:51 AM 11-24-2010
I liked Face Off. Liked The Rock as well

I liked the plot of Con Air but there is one thing I absolutely can not stand is people who fake Southern accents. Positively makes me want to throw my remote at the TV and set fire to the DVD while dancing around it naked screaming wildly.

*ahem*

That said Cage is hit or miss in my book
[Reply]
CasaDooley 10:54 AM 11-24-2010
Raising Arizona is one of my all time favs! I can't help but smile every time I see a package of Huggies at the store.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9JUjHin14
I also really liked Face Off and The Rock.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:30 AM 11-24-2010
Face off and the rock are classics. Seen them both probably 10+ times.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 11:54 AM 11-24-2010
I heard his uncle (Francis Ford Coppola) is issuing a re-write of The Godfather and writing his favorite nephew in as Michael Corleone along with some other relevant and great actors of today’s headlines such as Leo Dicaprio and Tobie Maguire.

I kid... I kid... :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:40 PM 11-24-2010
Though I can agree that he's allowed himself to be typecast as a minor Marvel comics character - no, I don't mean Ghost Rider, but rather "Nick Cage, Hero For Hire", there are a ton of working actors who's choices, and work, I could much more easily criticize. Hey, what has Eddie Murphy done in the past decade, and what has Will Ferrell done . . . well, ever? And has tycoon Tyler Perry been involved with any project that was not a total piece of crap?
[Reply]
Bill86 01:01 PM 11-24-2010
Will Ferrell recently did the other guys which was funny, and step brothers....but that's about it

Eddie Murphy IS the best example. Give that guy 20 million a movie he WILL take ANY movie. He's a complete sell out, watch RAW then look at his life. It's everything he said he'd NEVER be. Such a shame I enjoyed the heck out of the Beverly Hills Cop movies.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:07 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Will Ferrell recently did the other guys which was funny, and step brothers....but that's about it

Eddie Murphy IS the best example. Give that guy 20 million a movie he WILL take ANY movie. He's a complete sell out, watch RAW then look at his life. It's everything he said he'd NEVER be. Such a shame I enjoyed the heck out of the Beverly Hills Cop movies.
Who won't take work for a 20 million paycheck? Personally I think Cage is worse than Murphy in that regard, not only can Cage not act, he's also not funny. Murphy at least wrenched a chuckle out of me even in some of his bad films. Cage just sucks completely.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:10 PM 11-24-2010
Frank the Tank? :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 03:18 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Who won't take work for a 20 million paycheck? Personally I think Cage is worse than Murphy in that regard, not only can Cage not act, he's also not funny. Murphy at least wrenched a chuckle out of me even in some of his bad films. Cage just sucks completely.
After you've taken a few of those it looks very pathetic. Don't get me wrong if someone was paying me $20 million to make a turd I'd do it...ONCE. But that is it. How much crap does one person REALLY need?

Cage at least tries, and all of his new movies don't suck. I enjoy 50% of them, which is far more than I can say for Eddie Murphy. I haven't seen any of his movies in the past......15 years?

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Frank the Tank? :-)
I was only referencing newer movies, but yes I love Old School. His cameo in wedding crashers was priceless as well.
[Reply]
timo 03:28 PM 11-24-2010
Thought "Lord of War" was pretty good
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:34 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My favorite Cage movie, maybe he should have stuck to comedy.

So, she won't agree with you on how hot Nick is, Darrell?

:-) Agreed! Raising Arizona was his best!

:-) Yeah Tom. My wife thinks he's hot, but I think he's smokin' hot!!!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:38 PM 11-24-2010

I was only referencing newer movies, but yes I love Old School. His cameo in wedding crashers was priceless as well.
Mom! The meatloaf!! F**k!!

Originally Posted by Skywalker:

:-) Yeah Tom. My wife thinks he's hot, but I think he's smokin' hot!!!:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 03:46 PM 11-24-2010
I really liked his 90's action flicks but he hasn't had a good movie in long time. He didn't do much in Kick Ass. That little girl made that movie great.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up