Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>La Gloria Serie N
auburnfan1980 09:02 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Think of a cigar that you had major burn issues and other construction problems. Do those problems make you not want to buy the cigar again? That's the situation many of us are finding with the Serie N, and why there is
"backlash".

This cigar was certainly unique when it comes to the Nicaraguan profile. A pleasant smoothness is what I noticed. But the flavors I found in the cigar were muted; smooth but muted. A small bit of that Nic "zing" through the nose, but nothing special.

I'm glad you like these cigars and havent had any of the issues aformentioned, and maybe after some time I'll go back and try another, but at this point it's too much hassle.
I hope you weren't taking offence to my comment as it wasn't meant to be divisive. I'll just say that I smoked a Tatuaje Black Tubo yesterday that burned crooked with a weak draw, but that's certainly not going to make me never want to bother with it again. Just imagine if that were the first of the Tat Blacks that I had smoked and I gave up on it then...I'd have missed out on what is one of my favorite cigars.

M.J., I'm sure you've smoked more than one of these to give it a fair shake, but in my humble opinion, it's hard for me to write off a cigar after just one sample like many I know do.

JR
[Reply]
357 09:22 AM 11-22-2010
Never had a Serie N, but I have had color come off on every single Serie R No. 7 Maduro I've smoked. I used to enjoy them more than I do now. It was my first box purchase some 3-4 years ago. I don't care for that vitola anymore, but everyone I've smoked (30-40) have had the color come off of them and leave stains on my lips/fingers.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:41 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
I hope you weren't taking offence to my comment as it wasn't meant to be divisive. I'll just say that I smoked a Tatuaje Black Tubo yesterday that burned crooked with a weak draw, but that's certainly not going to make me never want to bother with it again. Just imagine if that were the first of the Tat Blacks that I had smoked and I gave up on it then...I'd have missed out on what is one of my favorite cigars.

M.J., I'm sure you've smoked more than one of these to give it a fair shake, but in my humble opinion, it's hard for me to write off a cigar after just one sample like many I know do.

JR
My apologies for reading it the wrong way!:-) with typing on the internet it's hard to decipher where people want to put their emphasis.
I'm right there with ya when you say next just give a cigar only once chance. Too many variables can screw up a cigar from its full potential.
I'll definitely be trying more Serie N, mostly because even though my first impressions were so-so, I thought I was better than their regular line.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up