Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Studio Tobac....I'm excited!!!
Brutus2600 03:42 PM 11-04-2010
Well huh. There it is. Interesting news, thanks for the link Frank :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:51 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Looks like something new from Sam Leccia. Should be interesting!
it's not although he is involved, oliva is the company behind this. I know what it is but I don't know if i am allowed to tell what I know
[Reply]
neoflex 03:56 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
it's not although he is involved, oliva is the company behind this. I know what it is but I don't know if i am allowed to tell what I know
Tease!:-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 10:19 PM 11-04-2010
Gentleman,

Studio Tobac has been around for a long time. It has consisted of various people that as a collective, have helped create lines outside of the Oliva name. Cain and Nub both fall under this umbrella. ST is now being presented to the public as the entity that it is.

So what comes next out of ST? There will be new lines in 2011, there will be small batch limited editions, there will be a Studio Tobac World Tour that will offer some kick ass giveaways like you've never seen before. Oh yeah, and one lucky winner will get a pretty sweet car. :-)

ST will be debuting at the Big Smoke Las Vegas, then at the Big Smoke in NY. In the next few weeks more details will emerge from the Studio's Board of Directors. Keep an eye on the website, because when it goes live, it will explain a lot more.

To the OP, you have every reason to be excited, and plenty more reasons that you don't know about yet. :-)
Attached: corvette-grand-sport-heritage-edition.jpg (34.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Patrick B 10:53 PM 11-04-2010
Thanks for the news, Ian. Did I win the car yet?
[Reply]
guado 04:36 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Gentleman,

Studio Tobac has been around for a long time. It has consisted of various people that as a collective, have helped create lines outside of the Oliva name. Cain and Nub both fall under this umbrella. ST is now being presented to the public as the entity that it is.

So what comes next out of ST? There will be new lines in 2011, there will be small batch limited editions, there will be a Studio Tobac World Tour that will offer some kick ass giveaways like you've never seen before. Oh yeah, and one lucky winner will get a pretty sweet car. :-)

ST will be debuting at the Big Smoke Las Vegas, then at the Big Smoke in NY. In the next few weeks more details will emerge from the Studio's Board of Directors. Keep an eye on the website, because when it goes live, it will explain a lot more.

To the OP, you have every reason to be excited, and plenty more reasons that you don't know about yet. :-)
You just called me OP! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:33 AM 11-05-2010
Waiting to see this unfold.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:42 AM 11-05-2010
So yeah.... I want that car! :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 07:45 AM 11-05-2010
nice ride
[Reply]
neoflex 07:45 AM 11-05-2010
I love Oliva but I don't think I can take another brand dropping Special/Limited releases regularly. But I guess they have been sitting on the sidelines watching all the Boutiques rake in cash from these limited production runs that I guess they want in. I think my New Years resolution is going to be, "Ignore all the limited Editions.":-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:48 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I love Oliva but I don't think I can take another brand dropping Special/Limited releases regularly. But I guess they have been sitting on the sidelines watching all the Boutiques rake in cash from these limited production runs that I guess they want in. I think my New Years resolution is going to be, "Ignore all the limited Editions.":-)
I said the same thing, but I always buy them. :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 07:53 AM 11-05-2010
John,
I bet having a baby will help with avoiding some of those LE
[Reply]
BengalMan 07:59 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Neo, were definitely not falling into that game. Oliva has the yearly release of the Serie V Maduro. While it is only a once a year thing, we try to make it available to everyone during that shipment.

The upcoming special sizes/blends/cigars that are currently being worked on will be incorporated into the Studio Tobac World Tour in a way that will be released soon. Studio Tobac will be creating plenty of regular production lines, the first of which will launch next year with the tour.

Your not going to be seeing ridiculous LE cigars all the time. Sure we will release some cool small batch stuff on occasion, but it's not going to be the way others in the industry are doing it.

One thing Studio Tobac is doing that we are pretty excited about is we are putting together an advisory board of cigar smokers just like yourself and everyone else on this board. We will be taking their input into consideration on upcoming Studio projects and this board will have the opportunity to test future blends and provide their input on them before they come to market. The Advisory Board is going to give the cigar enthusiast consumer a chance to have their voice heard in the process of creating a cigar. Sometimes these will be small batch, sometimes these will be major full line releases.

Stay tuned, there's a lot to come with ST, all of which is going to be very good for cigar smokers.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:05 AM 11-05-2010
Neo, were definitely not falling into that game. Oliva has the yearly release of the Serie V Maduro. While it is only a once a year thing, we try to make it available to everyone during that shipment.

The upcoming special sizes/blends/cigars that are currently being worked on will be incorporated into the Studio Tobac World Tour in a way that will be released soon. Studio Tobac will be creating plenty of regular production lines, the first of which will launch next year with the tour.

Your not going to be seeing ridiculous LE cigars all the time. Sure we will release some cool small batch stuff on occasion, but it's not going to be the way others in the industry are doing it.

One thing Studio Tobac is doing that we are pretty excited about is we are putting together an advisory board of cigar smokers just like yourself and everyone else on this board. We will be taking their input into consideration on upcoming Studio projects and this board will have the opportunity to test future blends and provide their input on them before they come to market. The Advisory Board is going to give the cigar enthusiast consumer a chance to have their voice heard in the process of creating a cigar. Sometimes these will be small batch, sometimes these will be major full line releases.

Stay tuned, there's a lot to come with ST, all of which is going to be very good for cigar smokers.
Sounds really interesting. I look forward to watching this unfold
[Reply]
neoflex 08:06 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by hscmit:
John,
I bet having a baby will help with avoiding some of those LE
Your not kidding. That has been my excuse for the recent tear I have been on lately.
Thanks for the update Bengelman!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:13 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
With rumors of Sam leaving, and with confirmed truth that Jon Huber of CAO is out, I have to think the two of them will do something together...
MMMM......CAO Nubs.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:18 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
MMMM......CAO Nubs.
Short cao sticks sounds like a good idea, a cao nub is better than a cao 660, which takes longer finish
[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:20 AM 11-05-2010
Count me in! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:21 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Short cao sticks sounds like a good idea, a cao nub is better than a cao 660, which takes longer finish
Point taken! :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:22 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by sobranie10:
I agree with Brian a Cain Lancero will be a awesome cigar! :-)
What about a Nub Lancero....oh wait thats a Churchill
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up