Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Sports>College Football
e22byrnes 09:23 PM 11-10-2008
I'm all Tarheel blue, having their first decent season in quite some time. Might be entering back into what they used to be. One could argue UNC to be the best all-around sports schools.:-)
[Reply]
silentjon 03:45 AM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by Mark C:
Yup, VT has played consecutive Thursdays for the last year or two. The VT @ Miami game will be our second Thursday in a row this year. I love it, apparently our team does too, our Thursday night record is impeccable. Although the Canes always scare me a little, even on a bad year.
I found this on ESPN: Yeah, it should be close, considering Miami and Virginia Tech are the ACC's winningest teams in Thursday night football. Miami is 12-1, and Virginia Tech is 15-3, but they've never met on Thursday night.

Should be a close game. Go Canes!!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:31 AM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by acruce:
Longhorns......
:-) My Alma Mater, Class of '75. Other team, where my kids graduated, is Alabama! I'm a happy camper this year!:-)

Greg
[Reply]
Mark C 05:13 AM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by silentjon:
I found this on ESPN: Yeah, it should be close, considering Miami and Virginia Tech are the ACC's winningest teams in Thursday night football. Miami is 12-1, and Virginia Tech is 15-3, but they've never met on Thursday night.

Should be a close game. Go Canes!!
Two of those losses were to BC, so they don't count :-). For some reason BC is like kyrptonite to VT, we always have a tough time with them.

Crap, I didn't realize Miami owned Thursday nights also. I hate close games, makes me nervous, I'd be much happier to see Tech run all over 'em like we did MD :-)

And this more or less decides the division champ too, our last two games are Duke and UVA so if we beat Miami, done deal I hope.
[Reply]
silentjon 05:24 AM 11-11-2008
Two of those losses were to BC, so they don't count :-). For some reason BC is like kyrptonite to VT, we always have a tough time with them.

Crap, I didn't realize Miami owned Thursday nights also. I hate close games, makes me nervous, I'd be much happier to see Tech run all over 'em like we did MD :-)

And this more or less decides the division champ too, our last two games are Duke and UVA so if we beat Miami, done deal I hope.
If VA Tech wins out they win the Coastal Division. If Miami beats Tech and UNC wins out, the Tar Heels win the Coastal. For Miami to win the Coastal, they need to win out and have UNC lose a game.
[Reply]
silentjon 05:28 AM 11-11-2008
In the Atlantic Division, both Maryland and BC control their own destiny. If either one wins out, they win the Atlantic (Maryland and BC play each other in the last game of the season).
[Reply]
Rockestone 05:39 AM 11-11-2008
In the Atlantic Division, both Maryland and BC control their own destiny. If either one wins out, they win the Atlantic (Maryland and BC play each other in the last game of the season).
This conversation makes me angry!!!:-)
[Reply]
silentjon 05:43 AM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by Rockestone:
Techinically, Clemson is still alive. Anything can happen.

Well, maybe not.
[Reply]
Rockestone 05:45 AM 11-11-2008
Techinically, Clemson is still alive. Anything can happen.

Well, maybe not.
Thanks, I feel better now.:-)
[Reply]
taltos 05:45 AM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by Rockestone:
More angry than what the results of the USC game will be?:-)
[Reply]
Rockestone 05:48 AM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
More angry than what the results of the USC game will be?:-)
That game's not looking good either at this point. But, if history is any indication, the Tigers should be ok in that one.:-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 11:50 AM 11-11-2008
Us Hokies are Al's biggest fans :-)
http://dontfirealgroh.com/

they need to change that to dontfiremikegroh.com

he's the problem. you can't get good recruits when you have a no name offensive coordinator. look at the defense. Al Groh is a defensive minded coach and has a good DC, thus UVA gets good D recruits.

Originally Posted by zemekone:
USC TROJANS!!!
i have to say it was an honor for them to come to UVA the first game of the season. They were awesome to watch.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:14 PM 11-11-2008
I hope my username is a clue!!
[Reply]
webjunkie 01:47 PM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by e22byrnes:
I'm all Tarheel blue, having their first decent season in quite some time. Might be entering back into what they used to be. One could argue UNC to be the best all-around sports schools.:-)
:-) Then again, I might be slightly biased :-)

Very glad that the 'heels gave me something to use to poke fun at my brother in-law (Georgia Tech fan).
[Reply]
Made in Dade 04:58 PM 11-11-2008
My baby Canes are getting better every week. Vtech this thursday will be tough but we can do it.
Attached: respect.jpg (44.8 KB) 
[Reply]
silentjon 06:10 PM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by Made in Dade:
My baby Canes are getting better every week. Vtech this thursday will be tough but we can do it.
This team should be very good next year.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 06:34 AM 11-12-2008
I just hope the Canes can beat VT. I hate the hokies, being a UVA fan and all
[Reply]
ucla695 06:50 AM 11-12-2008
UCLA Bruins!!
[Reply]
Mark C 07:24 AM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
I just hope the Canes can beat VT. I hate the hokies, being a UVA fan and all
Is it 'cause the best defense recruits from VA go to Bud Foster? :-) :-)

Can't wait for tomorrow. Good thing I've got Friday off, I'm gonna need :-) to either celebrate or ease the pain.

The UNC MD game will be a good one to watch too. Especially since MD only wins against ranked teams, and they're probably pretty upset about finishing last Thursday's game with -12 rushing yards.
[Reply]
silentjon 10:38 AM 11-12-2008
Any Tech fans want to wager a fiver on the Thursday night game?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up