Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Questions about flying with cigars
benedic08 01:56 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
I definitely don't agree that putting your cigars in the checked luggage is the best thing to do. I say do what you are most comfortable with, but I know from multiple people (and have read other stories) that cigars have been inspected and not repacked properly and also stolen. Security and baggage handlers have the freedom to do what they want with your luggage, why risk your good cigars?

I personally will always fly with my cigars in my carry-on.
Well yeah. Cigars in your carry on is okay too. I sometimes carry my cigars in my carry on. What i really meant was to make sure the cutter and empty torch lighter is in your check in luggage. Got one of my cutters and torch lighters thrown but carrying cigars didnt give me any problems.

So with cigars carry on or check in which ever you prefer. But cutter and torch lighter always in check in hehehhe... :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 02:05 PM 10-19-2010
I always carry on my cigars, a small punch cutter that looks like a key ring and a box of wooden matches. never had any problems
[Reply]
icehog3 03:46 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by newlifetaxidermy:
As for lighters, I bought a TSA approved case to put them in and they go into checked baggage. I think I paid around $8 for it with shipping on eBay...it is made by Zippo, but cannot remember what it is actually called. It is a canister with a foam insert and a sealing lid. You can carry empty torch lighters in these TSA approved cases.
http://www.lightersx.com/p/Colibri-T...ravel-Approved
[Reply]
gijoey959 04:37 PM 10-19-2010
Wow, leave the site alone for a few hours and the thread explodes! Thanks for the answers! I think ziplock in a tupperwear in the carry on is gonna be what I wind up doing, along with sending my lighter ahead to the where I'm staying (can't buy one there for a few reasons) and stashing my cutter in the checked bag.

Thanks for the replies, I got my questions answered and more :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up