Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Pair Recomendation for a night of cards
Chingas 11:57 PM 10-16-2010
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I'm really leaning on the Presidentes.

I'm undecided completely on the booze.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:02 AM 10-17-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
That's good to hear Derrick. Thank you. The sticks were so much easier to select than the bottle.

I'm a Jack kinda guy. So simple.
Nothing wrong with jack, I have an undying love for gentlemen jack. Good stuff, got me drunk MANY MANY of times and for the price point, it's fantastic.
[Reply]
dwoodward 12:48 AM 10-17-2010
That's good to hear Derrick. Thank you. The sticks were so much easier to select than the bottle.

I'm a Jack kinda guy. So simple.
I enjoy Jack as well. I dont think I can find Jack to be very good at complementing cigars, but if you enjoy it, what is wrong with just pairing it up anyway? No sense trying to find something to pair up perfectly and have a bad pair just completely ruin the night.

Smoke what you like, and drink what you like. You can't go wrong with that.
[Reply]
Chingas 12:53 AM 10-17-2010
Thanks Derrick.

Im more looking out for the other guys. Not a tried a true pairing but one that has been tried and enjoyed by many before me.

Plus I'd like to try something different and offer something different than the "norm"
[Reply]
Bill86 12:54 AM 10-17-2010
It's hard to find the perfect balance, for me I don't have the complex palate for cigars. Now booze....different story. What I think would compliment cigars well would be

Zaya 12 year rum - Made from sugar cane, it's got a sweet thing going on that is just smoother and not harsh on the palate at all.

Four Roses 120 Anniversary - The hints of vanilla and soft spice mellow this beast a great deal, I would think it wouldn't overpower the palate at all when smoking a cigar.

Those would be my top 2 picks with cigars in mind. But honestly I think just a great cigar + great booze + good friends = Good times. Even if the pairing isn't on.....it's gotta be a great night. I went to the bar with some friends and lit up some Montecristos and it just made the night. Not the best cigars, not the best alcohol...it's the experience.

Edit for the record, I had a Macallan 12 on the rocks with a Montecristo and it was fantastic. Several russian qualudes and shots as well.
[Reply]
Chingas 01:03 AM 10-17-2010
Thank you Bill. You are the voice of booze! I'm gonna need a few days to research all these great ideas!:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 01:06 AM 10-17-2010
Glad to help brother, PM me or create a booze thread and I'll appear out of nowhere if you need any advice.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:07 AM 10-17-2010
Thank you Bill. You are the voice of booze! I'm gonna need a few days to research all these great ideas!:-)
Should we have the ambulance on stand by for your alcohol tasting binge?
[Reply]
Chingas 01:11 AM 10-17-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Should we have the ambulance on stand by for your alcohol tasting binge?
:-):-)
[Reply]
Chingas 05:26 PM 12-06-2010
Ok. So here's what happened. I sorts switched up my game plan but it worked out very nicely and we all had a great time.

Thanks everyone for all the reccomendations.

[Reply]
dwoodward 05:43 PM 12-06-2010
Looks like a good time had by all. And a full house too, if only I could get all my buddies together for poker like that. Most I think I have ever gotten was 6 lol.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 05:48 PM 12-06-2010
Bookers and Blantons are two bourbons your can not go wrong with. I have also had some luck with Extra Anejo Tequilas however they can be very pricey and hard to find. As for the CCs I do not smoke them that often so I would be hard pressed to recommend much of a pairing but with the two bourbons above I have never had a bad cigar paired with it.
[Reply]
Eleven 06:04 PM 12-06-2010
Looks like it was a great time! Awesome presentation with the smokes and booze!
[Reply]
Chingas 06:19 PM 12-06-2010
We had a great time, no doubt. Cards, Cigars, Booze and Friends. Hard to go wrong with that!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:30 PM 12-06-2010
Chingas... I didn't see you in the pic brother? Now all I am going on is all black and long hair... but I feel like I should know ya!! Help me out.
[Reply]
Superbad 06:32 PM 12-06-2010
Looks like a fantastic time! Glad it went well.
[Reply]
Chingas 07:30 PM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Chingas... I didn't see you in the pic brother? Now all I am going on is all black and long hair... but I feel like I should know ya!! Help me out.
I took the pic! Sorry Brother. Yeah, I wear all black. Black boots, black socks, black jeans, black t-shirt usually with a black work shirt unbuttoned, black hat, long hair and a couple peircings with a couple tats.

Hopefully we meet on 11-11-11 but there is certainly no guarentee. Just a hope!:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:42 PM 12-06-2010
I took the pic! Sorry Brother. Yeah, I wear all black. Black boots, black socks, black jeans, black t-shirt usually with a black work shirt unbuttoned, black hat, long hair and a couple peircings with a couple tats.

Hopefully we meet on 11-11-11 but there is certainly no guarentee. Just a hope!:-)
I love your style... now don't make my southern arse come up there and get in trouble dragin your skinny black wearin arse down here!!! 11-11-11 it is:-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 08:00 PM 12-06-2010
I wanna see Chingas in a Pink shirt with rainbow striped track pants.
[Reply]
Chingas 08:08 PM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I wanna see Chingas in a Pink shirt with rainbow striped track pants.
If someone gets a hold of my will and changes my attire when I'm dead. That's the only feasible way this would ever happen!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up