Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Who says cigars are 100% tobacco?
BTcigars 07:10 PM 10-17-2010
I dont have a problem knowing that there are tobacco beetle eggs in the cigars I smoke, I just have a hard time knowing that hair and gum, something not natural, has made itis way in.
[Reply]
T.G 07:19 PM 10-17-2010
Originally Posted by BTcigars:
I dont have a problem knowing that there are tobacco beetle eggs in the cigars I smoke, I just have a hard time knowing that hair and gum, something not natural, has made itis way in.
Heh, guess I shouldn't tell you about the band-aid, paperclip, plastic shavings, a nail and other stuff a friend of mine in the cigar sales business has found/seen in premium cigars....
[Reply]
BTcigars 07:27 PM 10-17-2010
Permission to dry heave, Sir!?
[Reply]
T.G 07:30 PM 10-17-2010
PS: It was a used band-aid.
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 09:19 PM 10-17-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I guess that virgin didn't shave her thighs!
or something else? :-):-)
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 09:20 PM 10-17-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I remember Tobii once found a rock!! No BS...a ROCK!!
Tobii's smoking rocks again eh?
[Reply]
Volcodom 11:12 PM 10-17-2010
Anyone who is afraid to smoke your suspicious, unclean cigars send them to me. Shoot after working in fast food I've realized nothing is ever clean.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:37 PM 10-17-2010
Originally Posted by Volcodom:
Anyone who is afraid to smoke your suspicious, unclean cigars send them to me. Shoot after working in fast food I've realized nothing is ever clean.
:-):-)

That's why I've never worked or will work in fast food.

Found twigs in my macanudo today. Still smoked it...had to dissect it 80% through though.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 05:00 AM 10-18-2010
That sucks, though not all that surprising. Someone mentioned that running a hair through random cigarettes in a pack was a great stop smoking aid. Apparently they taste so bad that the fear of getting that random stick keeps you from smoking. After hearing that I always figured I'd know if there was a hair in my cigar...perhaps not.
[Reply]
Volt 06:31 AM 10-18-2010

Simon broke his cutter on a rock in one of his cigars....
[Reply]
OHRD 07:37 AM 10-18-2010
Twice in one day Chris!? Crazy luck! I've never found anything foreign...of course I never pay attention, but I will now.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 07:54 AM 10-18-2010
I have never found anything that didn't burn and never looked that closely.
I do have a whole box of cut open RyJs that a customs agent at an airport found on me. I think I will look through it and see.
[Reply]
md4958 08:02 AM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by Nefari0us:
I found a similar fiber in a CAO gold a few years ago. I contacted the company about my disgust (thinking it was green dental floss) and received a reply from their PR person. She told me that it was a fiber from the twine they use to tie the tobacco hands (bundles) together. She asked for my address, and a few days later I received a very nice sampler from CAO.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:03 AM 10-18-2010
this thread has made me paranoid
[Reply]
hscmit 08:04 AM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I have never found anything that didn't burn and never looked that closely.
I do have a whole box of cut open RyJs that a customs agent at an airport found on me. I think I will look through it and see.
Sad,

sorry to hear this
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:11 AM 10-18-2010
Looks like the fiber they use to tie the tobacco together during processing.
[Reply]
poker 08:23 AM 10-18-2010
Happened to me a long time ago. Found binding twine down almost the entire length of a Fuente Don Carlos robusto.
[Reply]
Wanger 08:36 AM 10-18-2010
I know Simon did...it ruined a cutter of his, too.
[Reply]
BloodSpite 09:40 AM 10-18-2010
I guess it comes from chewing leaf tobacco for years but I'm fairly used to finding stems, dirt grain, rocks, and binding in my tobacco.

I've found just about everything in my chaw.

In my cigars, however not so much. I have found some dirt grain (I have a habit of chewing my ends when I smoke it down to lip burning point heh)

But thats about it.
[Reply]
d'am 11:29 AM 10-18-2010
If this stuff freaks you out...I hope you guys don't eat vegetables. Next time you're at the grocery store, ask someone in the produce department to tell you about the weirdest stuff they've seen in the pallets from South America. I don't want to turn anyone off healthy foods, so I'll spare you the details...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up