Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 34 > Last »
Sports>ALCS 2010: Yankees vs Rangers
croatan 09:28 AM 10-13-2010
The way the Cowboys are playing, we need this. Go Rangers :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:32 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
The way the Cowboys are playing, we need this. Go Rangers :-)
While I don't feel for the Cowboys, I feel for you with the Rangers.
However, I sure hope I get a chance to be pissed that this hat is obsolete.
I hope I get the chance to have to make a decision to either replace it with a new one or can find a person to stitch that 7 into an 8.
Only way I can assure that for myself is for Texas to fall.:-)

[Reply]
BigAsh 09:39 AM 10-13-2010
First, let me go on record as saying I hate the Yankees...I'm a Red Sox fan and a Phillies fan, so my reasons are sound :-)....But, I gotta say, money ain't an object....when they see a need, they spend and go fill it...2 years ago the 3 biggest free agents were CC, Texeira and Burnett....all 3 wound up in pinstripes....was I happy with it...no way...but I respect it...:-)
[Reply]
floydpink 09:42 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
First, let me go on record as saying I hate the Yankees...I'm a Red Sox fan and a Phillies fan, so my reasons are sound :-)....But, I gotta say, money ain't an object....when they see a need, they spend and go fill it...2 years ago the 3 biggest free agents were CC, Texeira and Burnett....all 3 wound up in pinstripes....was I happy with it...no way...but I respect it...:-)
Very respectable points and one of a loyal fan.

That said, why did you let Babe Ruth go for 100k?:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:43 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Very respectable points and one of a loyal fan.

That said, why did you let Babe Ruth go for 100k?:-)
Ouch!!!

Come on Pete, that was a lifetime ago.
My butt is still hurting from when they came back down 3 games to nothing against the Yankees and went on to win the World Series.
I have yet to get over that one.
[Reply]
floydpink 09:46 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Ouch!!!

Come on Pete, that was a lifetime ago.
Well, if you want to get technical, Theo Epstein had a shot at Tex and let A-Rod go for a total difference of about a million from what the Yankees got him for....

And, they thought Ruth was a lousy pitcher.

I'm getting out of here.
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:53 AM 10-13-2010
Sorry Carlos....close your eyes...this one's for Pete:

:-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:57 AM 10-13-2010
Or the Daily News version....

:-) ....I got a few more...but outta kindness, won't post....(Needed something to counter all that "27 " stuff!)
[Reply]
floydpink 09:58 AM 10-13-2010
Keith,

ESPN did a whole 60 minute show the other night on that collapse with behind the scenes footage.

I manged to watch the whole thing and, this is hard to say, felt glad for that crew with Shilling bleeding on the mound and a scruffy Johnny Damon and the others acting like a bunch of Little League kids.

See, I can do it.

I love baseball.
[Reply]
floydpink 10:00 AM 10-13-2010
. (oops dupe post)
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:01 AM 10-13-2010
Keith,

ESPN did a whole 60 minute show the other night on that collapse with behind the scenes footage.

I manged to watch the whole thing and, this is hard to say, felt glad for that crew with Shilling bleeding on the mound and a scruffy Johnny Damon and the others acting like a bunch of Little League kids.

See, I can do it.

I love baseball.
That's why it's America's pastime!....and I gotta look for that....just DVR'd the "Tenth Inning" the Ken Burns follow-up on PBS....great time of year!
[Reply]
Blueface 10:23 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Sorry Carlos....close your eyes...this one's for Pete:

Quite painful indeed.

2nd on my "butt hurts" list is that seventh WS game against the Diamondbacks.
Man that one hurts almost as much, though not nearly.

3rd would be the Marlins. The freaking Marlins. Freaking fish that nobody goes to see other than in a World Series and they win. Freaking Beckett. Maricon!!!

I think I have some unresolved issues.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:10 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Quite painful indeed.

2nd on my "butt hurts" list is that seventh WS game against the Diamondbacks.
Man that one hurts almost as much, though not nearly.

3rd would be the Marlins. The freaking Marlins. Freaking fish that nobody goes to see other than in a World Series and they win. Freaking Beckett. Maricon!!!

I think I have some unresolved issues.:-):-):-)
3 words of consolation Carlos:

Bucky F'in Dent! :-) :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 01:04 PM 10-13-2010
The Marlins? Forgot there was a team down there.
I hate the Marlins. They bought a championship
[Reply]
Blueface 01:11 PM 10-13-2010
I hate the Marlins. They bought a championship
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:07 PM 10-13-2010
If Lee & Wilson throw lights out again...I like the Rangers in 5.
[Reply]
croatan 03:18 PM 10-13-2010
I'm actually enjoying baseball again for the first time since I was a kid. I'll freely admit this makes me a fair weather fan, but after the strike, the scandals, and factor in the time required to actually watch a freaking game, I had pretty much given up on baseball. Now, I'm excited about it again. And I think that's pretty cool. So I hope they don't blow it :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:38 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
If Lee & Wilson throw lights out again...I like the Rangers in 5.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! And to quote Scotty from Search For Spock, "Yes. And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon."

Yankees in 6 games. CC wins Game 1, Andy pitches a close one against Lee in Game 2 but loses, Hughes goes 6 great innings in Game 3 then lets the bullpen finish it, AJ gets hammered in Game 4, CC takes Game 5, then Pettitte does what he does and slams the door in Game 6. Mark it down. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:29 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! And to quote Scotty from Search For Spock, "Yes. And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon."

Yankees in 6 games. CC wins Game 1, Andy pitches a close one against Lee in Game 2 but loses, Hughes goes 6 great innings in Game 3 then lets the bullpen finish it, AJ gets hammered in Game 4, CC takes Game 5, then Pettitte does what he does and slams the door in Game 6. Mark it down. :-)
I will bet you the box of the winner's choice that is does not happen exactly like that. :-) :-)
[Reply]
acruce 04:36 PM 10-13-2010
I think this is the Rangers year!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 34 > Last »
Up