Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Does anyone smoke at work?
Apoco 11:19 AM 10-12-2010
I'm in a cube farm, and study during my lunch breaks. I wish I could, though.
[Reply]
hscmit 11:19 AM 10-12-2010
once in a while at lunch. But not in the office
[Reply]
RustyShackleford 12:56 PM 10-12-2010
I do from time to time. I work at a retail beer distributor that is set up like a warehouse so there is plenty of space for the smoke to go.

I don't do it all of the time but I enjoy it when it is slower.

When I do smoke there I tend to smoke something cheaper like a JLP creama.
[Reply]
Powers 12:59 PM 10-12-2010
Wish i could smoke during my seminars in grad school :-)

But i do smoke while reading/researching/writing on my porch at my apt! :-)
[Reply]
gijoey959 02:29 PM 10-12-2010
Only at home or in the park, I like to work when I'm at work, I guess I'm just a workaholic :-) but I am starting part time at a cigar shop soon, so who knows, it may change
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 02:38 PM 10-12-2010
I used to but haven't had the time. I am prepared though.
[Reply]
357 02:47 PM 10-12-2010
I love the show MadMen. Makes me wish I could drink & smoke at my desk. Work stress would be much easier to deal with...lol
[Reply]
Deputy 04:46 PM 10-12-2010
Yeah I can usually squeeze in a smoke a couple times a shift. As long as John Q public doesn't see me. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 04:50 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
I love the show MadMen. Makes me wish I could drink & smoke at my desk. Work stress would be much easier to deal with...lol
I was just thinking that as I was coming to the end of this thread, then hit your post.

Oh what I would give to have a cigar at my desk all day long....& it would not change my productivity at all....
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:51 PM 10-12-2010
Five days a week I work for myself and I usually have one in the late morning and one in the afternoon while driving around or at a job site. The one day a week I work at a school I rely on snus!!
[Reply]
BluesGuy 05:20 PM 10-12-2010
Either a pipe or a cigar for lunch...I've usually already eaten my lunch at my desk before my lunch break.
[Reply]
Darrell 05:27 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Otherwise my uniform smells for the rest of the days I work.
Try washing your uniform once in a while, Pig Pen. :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 05:31 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Try washing your uniform once in a while, Pig Pen. :-)
:-)

Its dry cleaning so I only do it like every 2-3 shifts. For working out doors I keep my self pretty clean
[Reply]
thebayratt 05:38 PM 10-12-2010
If I am smoking at work..... i better be on fire!

They passed a no tabacco policy @ work. So I got to wait til I get home or before I go into work to have a cigar.
[Reply]
Cigahs 06:30 AM 10-13-2010
I have an 8000 Square foot humidor on the other side of the wall from my office. I stroll in there 4 times a day to pick out what I want to smoke at my desk. :-)
[Reply]
Lumpold 07:26 AM 10-13-2010
Well... that all depends... the venues we go to are generally non-smoking, so I can't, but in the van on the way to the venue... yeah, sure, if I want, and no one else in the van has a problem. If we got some time off, or a decent hotel for the night, then it's possible we'll even herf where we aren't supposed to :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 07:48 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by Cigahs:
I have an 8000 Square foot humidor on the other side of the wall from my office. I stroll in there 4 times a day to pick out what I want to smoke at my desk. :-)
hiring?
[Reply]
Stevez 06:01 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
Watched my first episode of Mad Men last night and was thinking the exact same thing. I can't smoke in the office, but have one in the morning with my coffee on my deck and take it in my car to work. Best smoke of the day actually for me. I will smoke one on the way home too. Probably a good thing that I can't smoke in the office or my consumption would be off the charts. Steve
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:36 PM 10-13-2010
I enjoy the occasional lunch time stick.
[Reply]
357 06:19 AM 10-14-2010
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Watched my first episode of Mad Men last night and was thinking the exact same thing. I can't smoke in the office, but have one in the morning with my coffee on my deck and take it in my car to work. Best smoke of the day actually for me. I will smoke one on the way home too. Probably a good thing that I can't smoke in the office or my consumption would be off the charts. Steve
True. If I could smoke at work my cigar budget would go up 10 fold. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up