Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Jokes>What do you call.....
KidRock 09:46 AM 10-04-2010
2010 Detroit Tigers = Epic Failure :-) 81-81 with a 150 million dollar pay roll. I hurt every year but oh well..Thanks Jonny Damon..you really are the nicests guy in baseball...thanks for being nice to me in Clevland!
[Reply]
pnoon 09:46 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
My hope with passing on this joke was to entice some of the Padres fans into a little post series banter. That failed so I'll be moving on now.

Go Giants!! :-)
I hear pvff.com is having a membership drive. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:47 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh snap! :-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:50 AM 10-04-2010
Wow.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:50 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
I am going to have to remember not to poke fun of anybody's sports teams from now on.

Massholes, you are safe for now....:-)
Poking fun is fine...but bashing is a diff story.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:50 AM 10-04-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh good, shall I call ahead and make you a reservation? :-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:52 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Poking fun is fine...but bashing is a diff story.
Didn't see it as bashing. Saw it as something that has been done here lots of times.

Bashing is what happens when blood is in the water and pile on begins to see how fast we can get someone banned.

That seems to be the way things have been headed lately.

Is the Asylum flooding?
[Reply]
massphatness 09:54 AM 10-04-2010
I don't know ... there's something about good-naturedly ribbing your buddies about the woes of their fav team that helps create the whole rivalry atmosphere.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:55 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
all this verbal violence on something just as important as curling :-)
Hey now...

I watched curing on the Olympics! It was AWESOME!! lol
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:58 AM 10-04-2010

Bashing is what happens when blood is in the water and pile on begins to see how fast we can get someone banned.

Is the Asylum flooding?

I don't really see that happening. IMO, the way the community has worked before (CS) and the way it works now is that hopefully the elder members on the board help correct actions that may be against the decorum of the community. An assisted self-correction if you will. Its when the members don't take constructive criticism well and respond with anger, negativity and insults that things begin to take a trip downhill.

Unfortunately we are not able to control how people react to such things and occasionally things take a turn for the worse for them. Overall I think the self-correcting nature of the Asylum works more than not.

:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:58 AM 10-04-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
they are having a 'change password of users' drive too, tried to log on earlier this week and my password doesn't work anymore. phvck pvff
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:06 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Hey now...

I watched curing on the Olympics! It was AWESOME!! lol
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:10 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
they are having a 'change password of users' drive too, tried to log on earlier this week and my password doesn't work anymore. phvck pvff
That doesn't surprise me. They changed Tom's (icehog's) password over there. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 10:13 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
SD has become a bigger rival for SF than LA :-)
:-) Dodgers have been rivals since Brooklyn and will always be #1 rival.

[Reply]
Darrell 10:15 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-) Dodgers have been rivals since Brooklyn and will always be #1 rival.

I meant to say this season. I got caught up in all the drama. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:22 AM 10-04-2010
Didn't see it as bashing. Saw it as something that has been done here lots of times.

Is the Asylum flooding?
We haven't gotten rid of Mean D yet...I doubt this is any reason to.:-)

But for me it was a few words like "Losers" and having it being posted in the "Jokes" section versus "What do you call a bunch of guys riding home on a bus"

Nothing wrong with good old fashion ribbing of sports teams but keep in mind there are no real facial expressions and subtle clues of ribbing on the internet. So taking something as a joke versus taking something as being "Not cool, man" can sway one way or the other.

:-) If Darrel had posted this in a banter thread and took out the word "Loser" I bet this would have all been very different. He prob would have gotten some clever verbal retort out of it too.
[Reply]
massphatness 10:24 AM 10-04-2010

Is the Asylum flooding?
I don't see that happening in this thread.

You could maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) make a case that it happened in another thread recently, but I think the membership here, by and large, shows a great deal of restraint. Not everyone. Not 100% of the time. But most everyone, most of the time is willing to live and let live.

That's not to say that some guys don't deserve what they get. If I come into your house and start talking all kinds of bullsh!t, I'd expect to get socked in the mouth -- even if I do have an internet article that backs up my claim. Personally, I've had a number of disagreements with guys -- even mods -- over the years, and not once did I find the need to resort to petty name calling or mockery. I can disagree with someone in an agreeable manner. But if I acted like a petulant child, I'd expect I'd be treated like one.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:45 AM 10-04-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow... now that is excessive. :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 10:54 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I don't see that happening in this thread.

You could maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) make a case that it happened in another thread recently, but I think the membership here, by and large, shows a great deal of restraint. Not everyone. Not 100% of the time. But most everyone, most of the time is willing to live and let live.

That's not to say that some guys don't deserve what they get. If I come into your house and start talking all kinds of bullsh!t, I'd expect to get socked in the mouth -- even if I do have an internet article that backs up my claim. Personally, I've had a number of disagreements with guys -- even mods -- over the years, and not once did I find the need to resort to petty name calling or mockery. I can disagree with someone in an agreeable manner. But if I acted like a petulant child, I'd expect I'd be treated like one.
Just to be clear -- this wasn't directed at Darrell.

Apologies if anyone took it that way.
[Reply]
bobarian 10:54 AM 10-04-2010
I figure Peter is hurting worse from Liverpool losing 2-1 to Blackpool than seeing the Pad's lose. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up