Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Sports>ALDS 2010: Yankees vs Twins
MedicCook 09:45 PM 10-04-2010
The only reason the Twins could have a chance to beat the Yankees is because Joe Nathan is still on the DL. :-)
[Reply]
yachties23 10:18 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
The only reason the Twins could have a chance to beat the Yankees is because Joe Nathan is still on the DL. :-)
Love the ever confident yankee fan. Seriously, good luck with your pitching, the lineup against righties is death, but bullpen is proved it was mediocre, and against teams like Minny and Tampa that will steal a base, you guys are in serious trouble outside the friendly confines of yankee stadium.

Truth of the matter is you need the homer to score, this, and the utter lack of starting pitching is going to be your downfall.
[Reply]
Gophernut 09:33 AM 10-05-2010
You haven't seen that much of Matt Capps this season have you? It makes me pine for Joe Nathan!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 02:37 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by yachties23:
Love the ever confident yankee fan. Seriously, good luck with your pitching, the lineup against righties is death, but bullpen is proved it was mediocre, and against teams like Minny and Tampa that will steal a base, you guys are in serious trouble outside the friendly confines of yankee stadium.

Truth of the matter is you need the homer to score, this, and the utter lack of starting pitching is going to be your downfall.
Can't say i'm all that worried. CC is money, Andy always steps up come post season time, Burnett sucks (but maybe he's due I dunno), and Hughes has been really good. The starting pitching is fine, and if they can get Woods and Mo in 8th and 9th the game is as good as over. Can't say that about Fuentes and Capps. Offensively the Yanks are better than the Twins. And it's not like the Twinkies have all that great of a rotation, especially when their top guy is Carl Pavano :-)

The Yankees and Rays actually match up better than you think. Both have had almost the same issues leading up to the playoffs, should be an interesting series once they finish their respective first round opponents.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:55 PM 10-05-2010
This time tomorrow the Yankees will have 1-0 series lead.
[Reply]
Wanger 06:16 AM 10-06-2010
TWINS!

Yes, they (NY) have the "been there, done that" attitude and experience factor. The twins have been through some adversity this year and found their stride in the second half. When the pressure was off after they clinched the division, they seemed to relax and almost mail it in. Can they crank it back up again? I hope so. Will they be able to? Who knows.

The Twins do have a stronger bullpen than they have had in the past. There are 3 guys there that have at least 20 saves this season, and a decent lefty/righty ratio out there. The new home stadium could be a factor, and having home field is a bigger deal than it seems on the surface. It's not going into the cold of the NY stadium and that environment. While NY still had a great record, there is the possibility that age is catching up with them. That the wear and tear of the season has worn them down some. Neither team comes in hot. You can argue that NY played better teams at the end of the year, and that may be true, but they had more incentive to win those games, and they still didn't turn it on. As for Pettite, he's coming off an injury. Has he truly found his form yet? If he hasn't, it doesn't really matter that he's always turned it on in the playoffs. They'll bunt against CC and piss him off and throw him off his game. :-):-):-)

All that being said, I like the Twins chances here and think it will be a much closer series than NY fans expect it to be. It would not surprise me at all if this one goes 5 games, and is literally decided by a couple runs in total differential through the series.

Go Twins!!!!
[Reply]
jledou 06:47 AM 10-06-2010
Sorry Ryan but got to root against the Yankees ... Go Twins ... well at least until football heats back up this weekend.
[Reply]
MNSmoker 08:50 AM 10-06-2010
If I had to bet money on this series, I would probably say Yankees in five (unfortunately). It's no secret that the Yankees have owned us the last few years. I'm really hoping that this Twins squad with a beefed up offense, stronger bullpen and no Joe Nathan can actually get it done this time around. Losing Justin Morneau to a concussion earlier in the season isn't going to make this any easier either.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:55 AM 10-06-2010
Let's Go Yankees!!!!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:01 AM 10-06-2010
The Twinkies will have a problem with the cold nights in October. First year with home games outside since the 70's. I think this will possibly hurt their bats.
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:52 AM 10-06-2010
Go Twins !
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:53 AM 10-06-2010
Go Yankees.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:17 AM 10-06-2010
Let's Go Yankees!!!!
Go Yankees.
No wonder you have so many posts, Ryan! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:28 AM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
The Twinkies will have a problem with the cold nights in October. First year with home games outside since the 70's. I think this will possibly hurt their bats.
That is a good point. They certainly don't have the same home field advantage that they used to have with the Metrodome.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:35 AM 10-06-2010
Go Twins! Sorry, Ryan.:-)
[Reply]
Gophernut 10:41 AM 10-06-2010
The weather here for the next few nights is for temps in the upper 60's at first pitch. This team has the best home record in the AL. I think they'll be fine at home this postseason.

I agree we need to turn 'it' back on!

GO TWINS!!!
[Reply]
Wanger 10:45 AM 10-06-2010
Uh...the Metrodone opened in 1982. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:06 PM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Uh...the Metrodone opened in 1982. :-)

I forgot about the 2 years in the 80's:-) Let's just say they haven't played an outdoor night game in October since at least 82'. Can it snow in October up in Minnesooooota?:-) The Yanks are more acclimated to cold October weather. They play in October almost every year.
[Reply]
floydpink 12:40 PM 10-06-2010
Well, at least AJ Burnett got yanked from the rotation. He sucks.

The way the Yankees finished the season and lost 2 out of 3 to the Red Sux, they should feel fortunate to still be playing.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 01:34 PM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Well, at least AJ Burnett got yanked from the rotation. He sucks.

The way the Yankees finished the season and lost 2 out of 3 to the Red Sux, they should feel fortunate to still be playing.
Burnett just never found his way this year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Up