Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Career 'suicide'
357 06:56 AM 09-29-2010
Prayers sent Darryl. I'm sure one way or another you'll find peace. Either they will give you what you want or you'll move on. It might not happen as quickly as you'd like, but I'm sure it will work out. It's good you had the guts to stand up and say something. You might get relief and not have to change employers. Without speaking your mind there would be 0% chance of that.
[Reply]
DMK 03:41 PM 10-26-2010
Well....:-)
I guess good things come to those who wait.... its been almost two months
I had a meeting with my new manager today after a group meeting with all the other same level guys in my dept. At the group meeting he made a bunch of interesting statements that I needed to see him in private to ensure that I understood him clearly.
It seems the rock has been lifted, and the load will be a lot lighter... so long as he lives up to his plans.
I told him that 'if' he follows through, then he doesn't need to look for a replacement for me:-)
It looks like suicide averted.
[Reply]
neoflex 03:53 PM 10-26-2010
Good to hear Darryl!
[Reply]
Ahbroody 05:52 PM 10-26-2010
Awesome news
[Reply]
hscmit 07:27 PM 10-26-2010
glad things look like they will work out
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:38 PM 10-26-2010
I am glad to hear that things will get better and you don't have to lose any more money on the lottery. :-)

God's blessings that things get better and you can "enjoy" work a little.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
docdoty 10:46 PM 10-26-2010
sometimes you have to be willing to step into the uncomfortable zone in order to get your voice heard. I had to do something similar with my job and it worked out for me in the long run. There are times when the risk is worth the reward. I agree it took alot of courage and big balls to do what you did. Good luck man.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:30 AM 10-27-2010
I quit my job too man. I cannot say why and all that but lets just say I couldn't work for idiots that made me do work beneath me and ask for my suggestions....yet never take them and treat me like SH*T on top of it. So I called up the GM and said .....bye I'm out. Been feeling fantastic since then.

I now am starting working on my new job as a bartender, took my ABC card test today. Looking to go to bartending school next week or two. Things are looking great. I wish you the same luck.
[Reply]
justonemorestick 12:54 AM 10-27-2010
Good luck to everyone who is shaking the trees and making changes with work.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:21 AM 10-27-2010
Good for you! You persevered! :-)
[Reply]
357 08:55 AM 10-27-2010
Great news! I hope he stays true.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 09:03 AM 10-27-2010
I'm really glad it worked out for you. I really feel your pain. Personally, I'm burned out myself and ready to move on. The problem...I need an additional year of training to take a position that will ultimately pay less. But, I will be in my calling (finally) and you can't put a price tag on that. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up