Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Sports>NFL '10-'11 Thread
CBI_2 07:05 PM 09-21-2010
Holy Cow! My Bucs are 2-0?! I'm enjoying this while I can. I do think we have the makings of a franchise QB though. The young man is showing a lot of poise and calm smart play.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:46 AM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
Holy Cow! My Bucs are 2-0?! I'm enjoying this while I can. I do think we have the makings of a franchise QB though. The young man is showing a lot of poise and calm smart play.
A test is coming this weekend against PIT. Hope TB can keep it up for ya :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:10 PM 09-25-2010
I'm pumped for GB/CHI monday night. Looks to be a high scoring affair. Although GB's defense is looking pretty fierce. Clay Matthews with 6.0 sacks on the season already.
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:19 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I'm pumped for GB/CHI monday night. Looks to be a high scoring affair. Although GB's defense is looking pretty fierce. Clay Matthews with 6.0 sacks on the season already.
He is the real deal, a special athlete. Can't wait to see what he can do against the Bears. Just a little concerned for Rogers this week, though. The Bears can still bring it on defense.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:32 AM 09-26-2010
:-) Football Sunday!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:42 AM 09-26-2010
:-) Football Sunday!
:-)

I'll be watching the Det vs. Min game today. Go Lions:-)
[Reply]
Wanger 11:02 AM 09-26-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:

Skol Vikings!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:55 AM 09-27-2010

Originally Posted by Wanger:
Skol Vikings!!!! :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:50 PM 09-27-2010

How you like us now?? :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 10:26 AM 09-30-2010

How you like us now?? :-)
I don't...never have. :-) Though I can tolerate them more than the Pukers.

After the first 2 games, I thought we'd end up with a 7-9 record. I still say that, unless they actually make a deal for a receiver and/or Rice actually comes back at 100% after his 6 weeks. Until then, they'll rely on the defense to keep them in games, and the O not to lose them. It doesn't hurt to have AP in the backfield, but if he goes down, they're completely done.

That being said, I hope that I'm completely wrong about the record and they come out on fire after the bye week. I'm a true fan, who is annually disappointed by this squad (and especially head coach right now), and will never jump off the bandwagon. :-) I hope for the best, but expect the worst from them. Maybe one of these days...after they jettison Chilly.
[Reply]
OLS 05:08 PM 10-03-2010
Hahaha, it can't be.... The Colts just got beat by the Jags.....WHAT?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:17 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
I don't...never have. :-) Though I can tolerate them more than the Pukers.

After the first 2 games, I thought we'd end up with a 7-9 record. I still say that, unless they actually make a deal for a receiver and/or Rice actually comes back at 100% after his 6 weeks. Until then, they'll rely on the defense to keep them in games, and the O not to lose them. It doesn't hurt to have AP in the backfield, but if he goes down, they're completely done.

That being said, I hope that I'm completely wrong about the record and they come out on fire after the bye week. I'm a true fan, who is annually disappointed by this squad (and especially head coach right now), and will never jump off the bandwagon. :-) I hope for the best, but expect the worst from them. Maybe one of these days...after they jettison Chilly.
I never thought the Bears would be where they are now. It will most likely end soon, but as a Bears fan, its been a great opening to this year. I feel the same as you, hope for the best, expect the worst:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:22 PM 10-03-2010
Your Chicago Bears vs. NY Giants tonight!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...
CHI 20
NYG 17

That's my hope:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:23 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Hahaha, it can't be.... The Colts just got beat by the Jags.....WHAT?
[Reply]
icehog3 10:52 PM 10-03-2010
Bears should be 1-3....their flaws (offensive line, defensive backs) were exposed tonight. They are fortunate to be 3-1. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:15 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Bears should be 1-3....their flaws (offensive line, defensive backs) were exposed tonight. They are fortunate to be 3-1. :-)
I don't know if they should be 1-3. I mean, they played well against 2 really good teams. I think that they were doing something right agaisnt Dallas and Green Bay.

We need to get back to the right formula, like what we had in Dallas and agaisnt Green Bay. Last night play calls were awful, and Cutler and the OL looked like sh!t. The bears do not have an OL built to let Cutler stand in the pocket and gunsling 50 yards down field. Cutler should know that by now:-) And so should Martz. Better play calls and understanding that we need to make shorter pass completions and get Fortes game going will help the Bears win. The D is ok. We are not rock solid, but they tend to keep us in games.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:00 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I don't know if they should be 1-3. I mean, they played well against 2 really good teams. I think that they were doing something right agaisnt Dallas and Green Bay.

We need to get back to the right formula, like what we had in Dallas and agaisnt Green Bay. Last night play calls were awful, and Cutler and the OL looked like sh!t. The bears do not have an OL built to let Cutler stand in the pocket and gunsling 50 yards down field. Cutler should know that by now:-) And so should Martz. Better play calls and understanding that we need to make shorter pass completions and get Fortes game going will help the Bears win. The D is ok. We are not rock solid, but they tend to keep us in games.
I would agree with Tom, and if you can't agree then I'll say this; the Bears are the weakest 3 win team right now. Green Bay really shot themselves in the foot with 18 penalties. Dallas is really in disarray, and you guys barely beat the Lions (by beat I mean get a gift handed to the Bears). I really think the Bears will get exposed as the season goes on. Cutler holds onto the ball way too long and that o-line can't block. However the Bears D is solid and pretty much the only positive on that team.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:03 AM 10-05-2010
I would agree with Tom, and if you can't agree then I'll say this; the Bears are the weakest 3 win team right now. Green Bay really shot themselves in the foot with 18 penalties. Dallas is really in disarray, and you guys barely beat the Lions (by beat I mean get a gift handed to the Bears). I really think the Bears will get exposed as the season goes on. Cutler holds onto the ball way too long and that o-line can't block. However the Bears D is solid and pretty much the only positive on that team.
The Bears will have a huge problem if they do not fix their play calls on Offense. Everyone knows our OL is a laughing stock, so they need work around that. If thats possible. Call plays where Cutler is getting rid of the ball under 3 seconds:-) IMO, Cutler wants to be a gunslinger. He is not satisfied with making 10 yard pass completions. If he doesn't get over that, then he is toast and so are the bears.
[Reply]
QUAZY50 08:10 PM 10-05-2010
Remember when I asked about the Moss to MN rumors?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...EP7vDEh7P:DiUs

OOOO MAN THIS COULD BE SWEET.:-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:52 AM 10-06-2010
The Bears will have a huge problem if they do not fix their play calls on Offense. Everyone knows our OL is a laughing stock, so they need work around that. If thats possible. Call plays where Cutler is getting rid of the ball under 3 seconds:-) IMO, Cutler wants to be a gunslinger. He is not satisfied with making 10 yard pass completions. If he doesn't get over that, then he is toast and so are the bears.
Cutler :-)

Moss to the Vikings is nails to a chalkboard. I don't want Favre to win! I do like Randy Moss and this will be great for him
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up