Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Today I found out what they stuck in my back.
BlackDog 01:05 PM 11-07-2008
Scott Shilala,

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 01:10 PM 11-07-2008
So, so, so glad you hear you are doing better.

:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Cenookie 10:36 PM 11-07-2008
Glad to hear that you are up and moving, take it easy with the workouts. And here to a complete recovery:-):-):-).
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:44 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm amazed at how many people have this stuff in them.
Fortunately for me I didn't have this done 20 years ago. From what I understand it'd damn near kill a guy.
They removed the hardware from my dad's back about a year later, when the broken bones were healed. Will they get yours out too?
[Reply]
shilala 06:16 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
They removed the hardware from my dad's back about a year later, when the broken bones were healed. Will they get yours out too?
Nope, I get to keep this stuff forever.
My buddy had a rod pulled out of his hip that they put in there a lot of years ago, he was in a car wreck. The rod started working it's way out of the bone and it was killing him.
I think that "put metal in and take it back out" stuff is a thing of the past.
Only reason I think that is because I work construction and guys get hurt bad all the time, be it at work, home, or out drinking.
I just never hear about docs putting metal in and taking it back out anymore.
When I was at my appointment Thursday I saw a whole bunch of models with bone repair hardware screwed on it. I was pretty impressed at all the stuff and all of it was permanent.
I know they sometimes do the "halo" thing when breaks are so severe that they have to build a framework outside the body and a guy has to lay strung up in a hospital bed for months.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:18 AM 11-08-2008
5 to 6 years isn't that long ago.

My dad has the hardware on a stand now, showing it in the living room, makes a nice conversation piece whenever someone visits my parents for the first time.
[Reply]
DonWeb 06:24 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by shilala:
In four weeks I'll be allowed to drive, in three months the Doc said he'll allow me to bungie jump.
This is great news! But, when will you be able to sit up and practice piano?
[Reply]
G G 04:58 PM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by DonWeb:
This is great news! But, when will you be able to sit up and practice piano?
Scott you didn't tell us you were a maestro on the piano.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:03 PM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Scott you didn't tell us you were a maestro on the piano.:-)
It's cause I'm not. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up