Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Welp, It took a lot of years, but I finally got my car robbed.
Lucky_Hippo 11:05 AM 08-26-2010
Sorry to hear that.

Years ago I was working at SAM's Club and they kept us over to stock. They turned the lights off in the parking lot and 4 cars were broken into, mine being one of them. Next day when I asked the Mgr if they could keep the lights on during nights we were staying over, he told me "If you feel that way, we don't need you here."

My jaw dropped and I immediatly turned my badge in and walked out.

A teacher found my book bag in the gutter with all of my college books and notes (it was finals week) and called some contacts numbers inside until she got it back to me. Saved my grades and my hope for humanity going from such a crummy thing to meeting such a good hearted person.

Let me know if I can help out with the Xikar cutter Bro. I think I have an extra sitting around somewhere if you want to IM me your addy info.
[Reply]
aich75013 11:38 AM 08-26-2010
Sorry to hear that.
I've had a few car stereos stollen in my time.
A friend had his car stereo stollen and the thief left a dollar bill on the seat. I guess that was his calling card.
My wife is good about making sure the front door is locked. I need to get better at it.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 12:03 PM 08-26-2010
Sorry to hear Scott.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 12:13 PM 08-26-2010
I just got off the phone with Scott( didn't hear about this from him on the phone) he is so over the theft---so to restate what he has said "Lock your doors"--be aware of what is going on around you SA (situational awareness)--the recession is still hitting the US real hard-- and the bad guys are out there looking for what they can get.

Peace and Blessings Brothers ! :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 01:31 PM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Sorry to hear Scott. Most likely a couple teens that are behind it. They go around checking for unlocked car doors.
Yup, we get numerous burglaries to vehicle like this every week in my town. Sorry to hear you got hit, Scott.
[Reply]
JDTexan 03:23 PM 08-26-2010
I feel your pain, I had my car broken into while visiting the in-laws this summer and they stole one of my pistols out of my glove box. I was very pissed but you just move on and know they will get theirs one day.
[Reply]
bonjing 05:24 PM 08-26-2010
Sorry to hear Scott. But be on the look out, they most likely will be back. If they found that many unlocked doors, they may try to press their luck to find some more.
[Reply]
XTRazzer 09:18 PM 08-26-2010
That's a bummer but at least no one was hurt. I bet these punks get their fair shake at some point, even if it's the barn washout pond.

I lived in Shippenville, PA for a little while (not too far from DuBois). Being from a larger urban area I had a hard time with the doors not having deadbolts. So, to say the least, I was shocked to learn that some people in the area do not think of locking their doors. It's still that country folk are nice neighbors type of mentality. Although I often heard that over the past few years things in the area were getting worse and some were reconsidering.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up