Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Acid Opulence 3
Volt 11:34 AM 07-20-2010
Moi, as Miss Piggy would say....?

Originally Posted by HK3-:
I can picture you poking him with a stick.. :-)

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:37 PM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Let me know if you need some help Mark!! :-)
Did you want a piece of this Mac?:-)
[Reply]
Volt 01:39 PM 07-20-2010
Mac always needs a little beat down. I mean he is sending 4 bombs a day out. A little of his own medicine would be good for him.
[Reply]
HK3- 01:52 PM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
Mac always needs a little beat down. I mean he is sending 4 bombs a day out. A little of his own medicine would be good for him.
poke poke.... :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 01:56 PM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
You are right Gerard...very surprised at your findings. Might have to grab another and sample it myself. :-)
Good Smokes For The Acid Line!:-)
[Reply]
Volt 02:01 PM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
Originally Posted by HK3-:
poke poke.... :-)

POke - not me, no siree. I just like a BOTL getting what he deserves :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:57 AM 07-11-2011
Nubbed on last night, great construction.
Dessert in a stick.
[Reply]
OLS 06:17 AM 07-11-2011
I find almost every Acid cigar I smoked so far, all two of em, have had the cold aroma of infusion, a sweet character
from the tip, but are otherwise completely normal in every way, and exceptional in that they are absolutely perfectly
constructed. I can hack on Acids as well as anybody, but it's almost like J.D. is going out of his way to make sure
that no one can ever accuse Acid of being an inferior cigar. I also notice that 1/3 or 1/2 way in, they go mostly
regular old cigar flavor, and again, in my limited experience, are fantastic smokes, well-blended.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:19 AM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
I find almost every Acid cigar I smoked so far, all two of em, have had the cold aroma of infusion, a sweet character
from the tip, but are otherwise completely normal in every way, and exceptional in that they are absolutely perfectly
constructed. I can hack on Acids as well as anybody, but it's almost like J.D. is going out of his way to make sure
that no one can ever accuse Acid of being an inferior cigar. I also notice that 1/3 or 1/2 way in, they go mostly
regular old cigar flavor, and again, in my limited experience, are fantastic smokes, well-blended.
I experienced that same thing with a couple other DEs but with the O3 I had a hint of infusion to the nub.
But the sweetness wasn't overpowering the cigar after the initial burst of flavor.

[Reply]
longknocker 07:56 AM 07-11-2011
This Stick Is Good For An Infused Cigar! Smoked A Few Myself. :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 07:27 PM 10-03-2011
I couldn't agree more that the O3 from DE is the best infused smoke out there because it is not overpowering on the infused end. It really is a great quality smoke that will always have a place in my humi! Very well written review!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:38 PM 10-03-2011
This thread makes me want to go out and get one.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 08:26 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Nubbed on last night, great construction.
Dessert in a stick.
LOL, for some reason that totally made me want to try one.

I think I might be asking for these for my birthday...cripes, which is next month!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 08:37 PM 10-03-2011
Never been into the infused sticks but might have to pick one up and give it a shot.
[Reply]
MrClean 09:31 PM 10-03-2011
I got a fiver on the way from the 'devil site'. I actually won 4 auctions this week....sorry honey. :-)

This is one of the Acid's that I haven't tried and I'm excited to finally be able to give one a go.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 07:12 AM 10-05-2011
Can anyone compare the O3 to the "Acid One"?

So far, my best smoke ever was the Acid One, but I'm not sure I want to commit to a fiver till I work through their lineup and better narrow down what I like.
[Reply]
ktblunden 10:05 AM 10-05-2011
Thanks for the review. This one is my wife's favorite Acid, but I never did try one while she was still smoking. I might have to give it a go at some point. My biggest complaint with Acid and most infused is the sweetened cap. It always tinges the flavor of the cigar for me and gives me a Nutrasweet-like aftertaste. I wish they would leave it off of there and just let me taste the tobacco with the infused flavors.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:47 AM 12-29-2011
A coworked gifted me one of these this week and asked me to try it.

Couldn't get past an inch. Just not my cup of tea.

I know JD makes quality cigars but the Acids just overpower me with sweetness. I guess I will stick to the occasional Liga Privada if I have a hankering for a DE cigar.
[Reply]
lenguamor 01:12 PM 12-29-2011
I enjoyed an Acid Roam once; I found the infusion subtle and pleasant in flavor, although the fragrance was a bit much for my smoking companion.

A few years ago I was around someone who was smoking a Kub Kuba, however...THAT was a room-clearer. Nasty.

I'll try this O3 if I find one and I'm in the mood. I've been wanting to try one of JD's Tabak coffee-infused cigars, but the price always puts me off.
[Reply]
Taki 04:56 PM 12-29-2011
The O3 was one of my first Drew Estates that I had, thanks to Ken aka SteelCityBoy, and we both agreed that it was a very tasty smoke! However now my pallet has changed entirely and I am into nothing but Maduros :-).
Great Review :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up