Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 17
< 12 3412 > Last »
Sports>Who's ready for the World Cup?
Jbailey 01:56 PM 06-10-2010
I was planning on watch some games on TV.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 04:19 PM 06-10-2010
But the real World Cup isn't until next year? :-)

Oh wait, you all are talking about that dive meet about to start in RSA aren't you? :-)

I kid, I'll watch some of it.... I'm sure it'll be on the tv's in the office.
[Reply]
gvarsity 05:14 PM 06-10-2010
I'm pretty stoked for the WC. I'm of course supporting the US. I also have always liked France having lived there beyond that I would like to see an African country do well. I have liked Cameroon since the Roger Milla days.
[Reply]
cort 05:26 PM 06-10-2010
Can't F-in wait. GO USA, but Spain will win it all:-)

As long as South Africa beats Mexico tomorrow I should have a great weekend. All the Mexican dudes at work are talkin mad sh!t about Team USA so i had to throw down some smack of my own. I hope I don't eat my own words. For my homie the plumber, Go Honduras, you guys have never seen someone so damn excited about something for such a long time. This guy will not shut up about Honduras making the cup this year. That's what makes the World Cup so great.
[Reply]
markem 05:32 PM 06-10-2010
got me some beer, chips, and the dvr is programmed so I'm good to go.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:41 PM 06-10-2010
Oh yeah, its on! :-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 05:46 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by Cort:
As long as South Africa beats Mexico tomorrow I should have a great weekend. All the Mexican dudes at work are talkin mad sh!t about Team USA so i had to throw down some smack of my own. I hope I don't eat my own words.
Anything can happen, but I'd bank on bringing some condiments and seasoning to work. RSA is in the World Cup only because they're hosting the tourney, they would not have qualified otherwise. As huge as soccer is in RSA, and as much as winning in sport is a way of life there, they're still not a 1st tier nation when it comes to soccer. Part of the goal of hosting the World Cup is to change that.
[Reply]
cort 05:50 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
Anything can happen, but I'd bank on bringing some condiments and seasoning to work. RSA is in the World Cup only because they're hosting the tourney, they would not have qualified otherwise. As huge as soccer is in RSA, and as much as winning in sport is a way of life there, they're still not a 1st tier nation when it comes to soccer. Part of the goal of hosting the World Cup is to change that.
I agree 100% but I love talk!n chit, so it's all good. The guys I am talkin about are some cool dudes, so it should be fun. We will know the outcome by our lunch time so maybe I should bring seasoning and condiments with me.
[Reply]
Sawyer 06:01 PM 06-10-2010
My alarm is already set for 6:30AM on Saturday so I can make to Limerick's in the Virginia Highlands to watch Greece. Why does my fiance have to be Greek? That is really early on a Saturday.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:42 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by Sawyer:
Why does my fiance have to be Greek? That is really early on a Saturday.
Dang dude... that ain't good. Once a year around here it gets ugly when it is Fl vs GA in college football... but that sure ain't the WC!! I'd move out for a while:-)
[Reply]
Sawyer 06:49 PM 06-10-2010
It is already going to be hard rooting against England when they face USA. At least I am not Korean. That is who Greece plays first. Maybe Greece will get knocked out in the first round and I won't have to worry about them facing USA, Germany or England, my other teams. But then I will have to put up with her being in a grouchy mood for a month. I am kinda screwed both ways.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 06:57 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I can't wait... we were at the last WC and I really wanted to go this year but my wife said, No South Africa!!"

Lots of sleep will be lost in the next month... GO USA!!!! But if our defense doesn't look better than the last couple of friendlies we will be making an early trip home.
Yep, my sleep patterns changed dramatically to watch the games last world cup. This will be no different.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:58 AM 06-11-2010
But the real World Cup isn't until next year? :-)

Oh wait, you all are talking about that dive meet about to start in RSA aren't you? :-)

I kid, I'll watch some of it.... I'm sure it'll be on the tv's in the office.
No, we are talking about real football, not that American football where you use your hands more then your feet and where the sissies wear helmets and shoulderpats (which is soooooooooooooooooo 80's)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 02:49 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
No, we are talking about real football, not that American football where you use your hands more then your feet and where the sissies wear helmets and shoulderpats (which is soooooooooooooooooo 80's)
Soccer's a great game........ for those are too small and fragile to play real footie, and no American football is not real footie. It is mildly ironic though that you'd jump to that conclusion when I clearly reference the fact that the real World Cup is next year and my avatar is a silver fern on an All Black field :-) I am however looking forward to seeing a good haka or 2 from the All Whites in the coming weeks.

I'm also not 100% sure that throwing around words like "sissy" is really the strongest defensive stance possible for a non-contact sport played by a bunch of delicate flowers who, when barely tapped on the ankle or shin, frequently spend much of their time rolling around clutching their faces (or whatever part of their body they think is most dramatic) screaming in fake pain like little babies in an attempt to draw a penalty and yet magically "heal" as soon as the ref stops looking.

That to me is is far far closer to being a "sissy" or "pansy" than anything you'll see on a real football pitch..... or even from the "sissies" wearing helmets and shoulder pads.

An oldie but a goodie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0do5xlE9C_A

:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 04:44 AM 06-11-2010
forza.....italia
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:58 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
When it gets to the pro level, there are no sissies in any sport. The stakes are too high, players are getting paid too much for anything less than 100%, and the fans would not watch if it was anything less.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:11 AM 06-11-2010
Soccer's a great game........ for those are too small and fragile to play real footie, and no American football is not real footie. It is mildly ironic though that you'd jump to that conclusion when I clearly reference the fact that the real World Cup is next year and my avatar is a silver fern on an All Black field :-) I am however looking forward to seeing a good haka or 2 from the All Whites in the coming weeks.

I'm also not 100% sure that throwing around words like "sissy" is really the strongest defensive stance possible for a non-contact sport played by a bunch of delicate flowers who, when barely tapped on the ankle or shin, frequently spend much of their time rolling around clutching their faces (or whatever part of their body they think is most dramatic) screaming in fake pain like little babies in an attempt to draw a penalty and yet magically "heal" as soon as the ref stops looking.

That to me is is far far closer to being a "sissy" or "pansy" than anything you'll see on a real football pitch..... or even from the "sissies" wearing helmets and shoulder pads.

An oldie but a goodie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0do5xlE9C_A

:-)
It's all banter Geoff, I should have posted a :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:16 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by Sawyer:
It is already going to be hard rooting against England when they face USA. At least I am not Korean. That is who Greece plays first. Maybe Greece will get knocked out in the first round and I won't have to worry about them facing USA, Germany or England, my other teams. But then I will have to put up with her being in a grouchy mood for a month. I am kinda screwed both ways.
I assume your wife is Greek?

I work tomorrow but I'm waking up before to watch Greece vs South Korea. I'm hoping we can advance.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:31 AM 06-11-2010
It's starting, gonna light a Don Lino Africa to support the home team against Mexico
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:31 AM 06-11-2010
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-espn.html

For those with no tv in the office. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 17
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up