Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Census Bureau...Say What???
icehog3 07:00 PM 06-01-2010
They don't get any information that anyone couldn't get with about 3 minutes work on the internet, so why stress it?
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:06 PM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
ICE isn't going to care! On a side note I had an illegal and called them. He was in custody on a misd. charge and they didn't want him. So why are we paying ICE to protect our borders? Apparently if they make it in and all the way to MI they an stay. I say hell no, send them back!
Are you talking about the illegal Irish Andrew?

For all of you whom do not want to take the census I hope you're not in California. The census determines how many seats each state gets in the HoR among other things.:-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 08:33 PM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They don't get any information that anyone couldn't get with about 3 minutes work on the internet, so why stress it?
Shhhh....their watching us right now. :-)
[Reply]
RGD. 08:49 PM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Exactly.

Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
. . . The census determines how many seats each state gets in the HoR among other things.:-)
In addition to road funds, hospital, municipal, school planning, etc etc.

Ron
[Reply]
T.G 08:53 PM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by Barcode:
I did have a copy of the Constitution sitting next to the door just in case but I did not need it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F-5kpyD4cE
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 11:00 PM 06-01-2010
I filled mine out back in March... I moved two weeks ago and apparently the census workers are a little too slow to figure out that people move in and out of apartments year round. I've been visited twice now in the new apartment, and I stated the same thing, that I just moved in and that I filled it out where I used to live. Told them to check with the management office to figure out where the former resident is (they actually asked me where the former resident was, as if I'd know). I'm expecting a third visit. If that happens, I won't be happy.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 11:09 PM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
If people really believe that the census is so onerous or is somehow against either the US constitution or federal law, they always have the right to renounce their citizenship and move some place more to their liking.

I'll help them pack.
ha ha ha... one way cruises and airfare can be paid for with the tax funds that originally went to taking their census info :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Ratters 12:43 AM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Yes. You are required by the US Constitution to provide certain basic information to the Census Bureau.

:-) I agree with Moe. What's the big deal?:-)
I filled out number of people, sex, ages, and sent it in right after I got it. Haven't seen anyone at the door yet.

If they want any other information they can just check my facebook page.

:-):-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 07:14 AM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Are you talking about the illegal Irish Andrew?

For all of you whom do not want to take the census I hope you're not in California. The census determines how many seats each state gets in the HoR among other things.:-)
:-) I think most of the rest of the country would agree they need fewer Californians in HoR.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 07:25 AM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by RGD.:
In addition to road funds, hospital, municipal, school planning, etc etc.
Stuff they only need to count numbers for.

I don't care if they get my name, birthplace, occupation and other data but asking for race is racist. It automatically assumes there is a difference and reinforces it with govn't policy. To be truly race neutral you need to stop categorizing. I have three of their "races" in me. If I'm supposed to pick the highest percentage one then the Prez should have picked "white" so that must not be the way. I usually go with the Cherokee one because they have been here the longest.
[Reply]
kydsid 07:30 AM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:

I don't care if they get my name, birthplace, occupation and other data but asking for race is racist. It automatically assumes there is a difference and reinforces it with govn't policy. To be truly race neutral you need to stop categorizing. I have three of their "races" in me. If I'm supposed to pick the highest percentage one then the Prez should have picked "white" so that must not be the way. I usually go with the Cherokee one because they have been here the longest.
I agree. I wrote in Other - "Human". I figure if they ever come to ask they'll get copies of all the anti-discrimination training I had to take because the government is not supposed to use race, religion, sex or disability in their decisions. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:37 AM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Yes. You are required by the US Constitution to provide certain basic information to the Census Bureau.
Actually, no. All the Constitution says about the matter is: Article I, Section 2, Clause 3: "...The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative;..."

All the Constitution requires is that the population be counted for the apportionment of representitives in Congress, nothing more.
[Reply]
Barcode 07:48 AM 06-02-2010
I think what really pisses me off is the fact that the IRS, the Social Security Dept, Dept of Veterans Affairs all have all of my info and NONE of these people can talk to each other. The country has a 13 TRILLION dollar debt yet we are paying people to go around and gather info the they already have. Not to mention how much money did the Census spend on the ad campaign to tell you to fill out your Census, and why did I get 3 forms???????
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:12 AM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:

I don't care if they get my name, birthplace, occupation and other data but asking for race is racist. It automatically assumes there is a difference and reinforces it with govn't policy. To be truly race neutral you need to stop categorizing. I have three of their "races" in me.
I agree. The whole race thing is a bunch of BS. I am a quarter "African", but the US Government does not count N. Africa as African for entitlements.

I wonder if it would count if I had black skin? What about white descendents from "Black Africa", would they be African American? The whole thing stinks from our racist heritage and is just so antiquated. All of the races, sexes, and creeds in our nation have accomplished as much as can be acomplished. Time to move on. :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:23 AM 06-02-2010
At least you don't have to ride a donkey all the way back to Bethlehem.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:36 AM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
:-)
[Reply]
loki 12:41 PM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
then why do people calling me a jackass?
[Reply]
markem 12:47 PM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by loki:
then why do people calling me a jackass?
because YOU were ridden all the way to Bethlehem. Different situation all together. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Lear31MX 01:05 PM 06-02-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
If people really believe that the census is so onerous or is somehow against either the US constitution or federal law, they always have the right to renounce their citizenship and move some place more to their liking.

I'll help them pack.
Amen brother!!! :-)
[Reply]
Lear31MX 01:10 PM 06-02-2010
To much Glen Beck will do that to a guy.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up