Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Volunteers needed for blind reviews
fissure 07:46 PM 05-27-2010
Kirk can think quicker than me. I concur with him though:-)

Jan, July, Nov

Both right or both wrong:-)
[Reply]
dyieldin 07:46 PM 05-27-2010
How about Nov, Jan and July
[Reply]
dyieldin 07:48 PM 05-27-2010
Hey, that means I wasted a guess because the Rev misspoke.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:03 PM 05-27-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
January, July, and November
Originally Posted by fissure:
Kirk can think quicker than me. I concur with him though:-)

Jan, July, Nov

Both right or both wrong:-)
Originally Posted by dyieldin:
How about Nov, Jan and July
And we have our three contestants.

If you could each PM me your addys, I'll get the sticks out to you.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Eleven 08:05 PM 05-27-2010
lol should have read page 2 before my guess huh?
[Reply]
tomc3084 08:32 PM 05-27-2010
Awesome gesture brother, thanks for the contest!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:38 PM 05-27-2010
I would love to do this but I already owe two reviews and some pics. Great idea and gesture though. Thank you!

Congrats to the three winners!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:29 PM 05-27-2010
I had to do something a bit different to get the reviewers. I knew that my sons months were available for someone who was dilligent. My wife's was a 1 in 12 guess.

Congrats to the winners. I hope to get these in the mail Saturday or Monday.
[Reply]
dyieldin 10:34 PM 05-27-2010
I would like to ask why, why you want these reviews and want them in that particular format. What are you up to? Maybe you do not want to share now, maybe when we are done.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:39 PM 05-27-2010
nicely done, Todd!
[Reply]
fissure 05:10 AM 05-28-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
And we have our three contestants.

If you could each PM me your addys, I'll get the sticks out to you.

Thanks Todd, very gracious of you:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:58 AM 05-28-2010
I would like to ask why, why you want these reviews and want them in that particular format. What are you up to? Maybe you do not want to share now, maybe when we are done.
If you don't want to do them, that's fine. I would be glad to find another volunteer if you feel uncomfortable doing them.

[Reply]
dyieldin 08:08 AM 05-28-2010
No, not at all uncomfortable, just curious. I'm in.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:49 AM 05-28-2010
Why do I want the reviews? does there have to be a reason? I'm a pastor, not a cigar vendor. I enjoy the CA forum and the people here. It is things like this which make if fun to come back and read stuff, to follow a challenge and see how other people's palates discern things and how they appreciate a fine cigar. And, I like to challenge people to think about what they are smoking. These will be cigars out of my humidor, cigars I enjoy - some from a bit of everywhere and from different bands of the spectrum.

It is also my hope that by doing a blind review, the reviewers will sample the cigars w/out prejudice. Sometimes a band, showing the marca of the cigar, can skew a review even before it is begun.

As for the format? It is a format I use, and I think it allows someone to judge a cigar on the total experience. These are all factors that some take into consideration when picking their smoke.

I hadn't thought about the reasons, but...
1) This is an excuse for me to bomb someone with cigars without repurcussion. :-)

2) It is an opportunity to allow someone to do a review and really think about what they are smoking.

3) My tastes are not the same as everybody else's, and different reviews give a different slant on different sticks - I'd like to see what people think of what I enjoy.

[Reply]
colinb913 10:18 AM 05-28-2010
Sounds like a great thing ya got goin Rev.
[Reply]
dyieldin 03:45 PM 05-28-2010
Rev, you're reasons are very admirable. I am happy do this. Thanks!
[Reply]
fissure 07:33 PM 05-28-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

I hadn't thought about the reasons, but...
1) This is an excuse for me to bomb someone with cigars without repurcussion. :-)

2) It is an opportunity to allow someone to do a review and really think about what they are smoking.

3) My tastes are not the same as everybody else's, and different reviews give a different slant on different sticks - I'd like to see what people think of what I enjoy.

I wouldn't count on it :-):-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:19 PM 05-28-2010
Originally Posted by fissure:
I wouldn't count on it :-):-)
Now be nice.

This was actually supposed to be a scientific experiment - yeah, that's what it was.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:10 AM 05-29-2010
A couple situations have arisen that together will delay the mailing of the samples to you reviewers.

1) I have some sticks in the freezer and I'd like them to go through the staging process before they are shipped out

2) One of the reviewers will be leaving town for a short trip, and would rather not have the cigars sitting in the heat.

So, I will be mailing out your samples on June 10

Once you receive your samples, to ensure uniformity and the scientific method - could you please smoke/review them in the following manner.

1) (most important rule first) Have fun with this! I know I'm giving you some rules, but they aren't oppressive and they are given so that the cigars are smoked in as objective a manner as possible.

2) Smoke them in order as they are numbered, and PM the reviews to me (not this thread). When I have all the reviews for a certain cigar, I will post them together - along with the naming of the cigar.

3) Smoke them as the first cigar of the day (This will ensure a clean palate for your tasting) and always with the same beverage, preferably something rather neutral (different drinks can alter different results in tasting, some beverages must be paired carefully and can often alter one's experience dramatically). Water, coffee, tea, and some others are rather neutral. It doesn't need to be those, but try to drink the same beverage -- and if you cannot, list that it was different.

4a) Use the review format in the first post.
4b) If you want to hazard a guess at what it is you have smoked, go for it.

5) Have fun with it and enjoy the cigars.

[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:59 AM 05-29-2010
:-)

Can't wait! I love these threads!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up