Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Sports>Landis admits doping
Don Fernando 04:20 PM 05-20-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
That is the worst argument I've ever heard...why do you think that it was his talent and training that pushed him ahead and not the fact that he might have had better doctors with better procedures?
that's your opinion Bao. I think they all use, most of them are just not caught, and because they all use, the doping doesn't make much difference so winning a course is still mainly skills and some luck, not the doping.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:22 PM 05-20-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I just hope that none of the Red Lantern recipients were doping...I mean hell, if you have to dope just to finish last then you might have well just quit in stage 1. I hope Contador is clean I really like him
Contador is linked to Dr Fuentes, no way he is clean.
[Reply]
safariguy 04:26 PM 05-20-2010
I just hope that none of the Red Lantern recipients were doping...I mean hell, if you have to dope just to finish last then you might have well just quit in stage 1. I hope Contador is clean I really like him
WHAT? You actually like him?!

-1 :-)

Just kidding you can like anyone you want, but Fabian Cancellara is the man.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 04:28 PM 05-20-2010
Landis cheated? No surprise.

Armstrong cheated too? No surprise.

Where is the news here? We knew Landis was a cheater for years and certainly expected the same with Lance.
[Reply]
awsmith4 04:56 PM 05-20-2010
Originally Posted by safariguy:
WHAT? You actually like him?!

-1 :-)

Just kidding you can like anyone you want, but Fabian Cancellara is the man.
Cancellara is a spandex wearing, skinny tire riding....oh wait :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:23 PM 05-20-2010
I have been passionate about professional cycling for 25+ years. All of my modern era favorites have all been accused of doping. Does it bring them down from my pedastel? Not at all. Pantani will always be a God. Seeing Ullrich climb a mountain in a big chain ring, epic!

There is a lot of betting, mafia, and big money involved with pro cycling. Bribery and deceit are common. Why do you think teams are so fanatical about where their water and food comes from while in a race? Coppi was poisoned and Merckx was "asked" not to ride the Giro...

Hamilton alluded to writing a book to expose all of this and I hope he does.

I am beyond whether someone has doped or not. It's tough no matter what and I like the show. As far as I am concerned; pass the test and you're good. The testing has to be beyond reproach and has never been. Until there's that dubious shadow over the testing and governing of cycling, there will be credible suspicion.
[Reply]
kazzaca 06:58 PM 05-20-2010
I thought everyone in cycling doped! It's not cheating if everyone is doing it! :-)
[Reply]
Steve 09:11 PM 05-20-2010
Actually, that NASCAR.

:-)
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 09:46 PM 05-20-2010
I don't buy it that Lance was doping or using PEDs. His testing routine is borderline impractical and hasn't been found out yet. I could be corrected at some point, but it hasn't happened yet.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:00 AM 05-21-2010
just legalize doping, but with some medical restrictions.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:13 AM 05-21-2010
I'm in the liar and cheater camp. Add thief in there too; people donated a combined $1million, in 2006-07(when he was denying drug use) to help pay for his legal fees. Looks like he is going to get sued due to his emails.

Doping is bad. Yes it gives you a boost at a huge price, years off your life. I don't have to give the facts on why it's bad for you. Why can't it just be about skill and pride for the game anymore? They get paid a ton of money but it never seems to be enough for any athlete. Maybe if they were taught how to hang on to some of the money they wouldn't need to cheat.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:57 AM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I'm in the liar and cheater camp. Add thief in there too; people donated a combined $1million, in 2006-07(when he was denying drug use) to help pay for his legal fees. Looks like he is going to get sued due to his emails.
Liar yes, thief yes, I agree on those titels.

Originally Posted by :
Doping is bad. Yes it gives you a boost at a huge price, years off your life. I don't have to give the facts on why it's bad for you. Why can't it just be about skill and pride for the game anymore? They get paid a ton of money but it never seems to be enough for any athlete. Maybe if they were taught how to hang on to some of the money they wouldn't need to cheat.
It's their choice to make weather to use or not. And I disagree with money being the only reason to use, fame and glory are a huge part of the reason too. So teaching them to be wise with their money won't solve the problem.

Let them use doping but under medical supervision to reduce the risks, that's the way to go.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 04:09 AM 05-21-2010
Using medical supervision is not going to help anything. First of all it is unethical for a licensed doctor to treat anyone with PED's unless that person needs it to reach homeostasis. In addition I don't think a Doctor could accurately predict how each person's body will react. There would be too many deaths to justify trying to do this.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:15 AM 05-21-2010
I expect less deaths than without the medical supervision as the situation is right now.

btw Landis his statement that Armstrong paid bribes to Hein Verbruggen (former UCI chairman) to hide a positive test in the tour de Switzerland in 2002 is bull, as Armstrong wasn't even competing in Switzerland that year. He comes clean from a previous lie with a new one.
[Reply]
shilala 12:28 PM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Why can't it just be about skill and pride for the game anymore?
Greed, Christos. The excessive desire to acquire or possess more than one needs or deserves.
We think of sports as something pure, like when we were kids. Giving it everything we had was more than enough reward. If it wasn't, those kids were called "bad sports". It was simple, and it was good.
Dump a bunch of money in there, and all hell breaks loose. Literally.
Hopefully this mess will serve to kick Landis up the hill, and get his head right. He's got a tough road ahead of him.
[Reply]
tsolomon 01:23 PM 05-21-2010
Greed isn't always about money, I think ego is a big part of it. I love cycling even with all the doping either real or implied. I don't think anything that Floyd Landis says about other people has any merit at all. I'll stick with innocent until proven guilty for everyone else. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:29 AM 09-30-2010
I hope Contador is clean I really like him
I don't know Albert, if it looks like a duck...

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug...pphu-container
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:14 AM 09-30-2010
'great' day today, Ricco (again), Mosquetero and Contador.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:07 PM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I don't know Albert, if it looks like a duck...

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug...pphu-container
I think Contador is innocent. The amount was so small and he was clean the day before and after. There has to be spirit behind the tests too.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:40 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I think Contador is innocent. The amount was so small and he was clean the day before and after. There has to be spirit behind the tests too.
Maybe his beef was wrapped in plastic? I don't know Moses, if this new information (http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-contador-doping) is true than it's looking more and more like he is not innocent.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up