Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>SON OF A BEEOCH! high cholesterol! damn!
kgoings 12:44 AM 05-20-2010
My doc appt is 10am in the morning for the results, I postponed :-) He told me he thinks its in my genes last time. I don't like taking meds, I don't even take asprin for headaches. Not cause I dont believe in them...just dont like meds.

I tried Fish Oil once...burped fish tasted all day :-) I HATE fish :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 05:59 PM 05-20-2010
grrrrr my LDL is still too high. Says he wants me to lose more weight and start taking fish oil and red rice yeast extract :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:41 AM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
grrrrr my LDL is still too high. Says he wants me to lose more weight and start taking fish oil and red rice yeast extract :-)
I do 2000 to 2400 a day of fish oil, depending on which pills I find on sale.
I also do one to two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil as often as I can.
I truly believe that is what got mine down so dramatically and has maintained it there.
I eat anything I want, in moderation.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:42 AM 05-21-2010
My doc appt is 10am in the morning for the results, I postponed :-) He told me he thinks its in my genes last time. I don't like taking meds, I don't even take asprin for headaches. Not cause I dont believe in them...just dont like meds.

I tried Fish Oil once...burped fish tasted all day :-) I HATE fish :-)
There are plenty of manufacturers now making ones that don't cause you to burp. Look for it on the label. Really works.
Also, take it before a meal, not afterwards.
[Reply]
e-man67 09:45 AM 06-08-2010
I do the fish oil thing..just 1 1000mg cap, and 1 1000mg cap of Flax seed oil, also doing the Cholestoff (plant sterols) thing. I am going to go back next month to get my cholesterol checked again. I went to the doc today and I am down to 214lbs...could not believe it. I stopped all fast food, the last red meat I had was about 3 weeks ago (a burger)..eating a LOT of salad, whole grains, and a ton of fish grilled...and I am now eating a green vegetable with dinner every night (steamed broccoli, spinich, kale) which is a good habit for my kids as well. Oh, and I quit drinking every night of the week. I may have 1 glass of something 1-2 nights per week.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:22 AM 06-08-2010
He told me he thinks its in my genes last time. I don't like taking meds, I don't even take asprin for headaches. Not cause I dont believe in them...just dont like meds.
Late to the thread, but I'm like you, hate taking meds & had a genetically high cholesterol. I've had to adjust my "no pill" mentality and have been on Zocor for 7-8+ years (although it's the only thing I take :-) so I didn't adjust that much.) My total cholesterol has been sub-150 for years, and the good:bad ratio has improved dramatically. Diet isn't that much different, I follow a pretty balance diet but still have a good intake of protein. So it definitely does the trick. A downside is that long term use of statins runs you the risk of having suppressed testosterone levels. But there's a medication for that, too!

Good luck with yours, let me know if I can offer any advice.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up