Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>It's motorcycle weather
HK3- 05:11 AM 05-13-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
With your access to teh Smokies - absolutly the most beautiful country in the USA. The roads are just tons of fun to ride as well. I may have to ride down and visit with ya.
The only thing I dont dig is the loose gravel in the turns after rain. :-)

Feel free to come on down Mike!
[Reply]
Volt 06:20 AM 05-13-2010
I hear ya on gravel, adds to the pucker factor like ice does.
[Reply]
HK3- 06:22 AM 05-13-2010
:-) WTF ever happened to Chat?
[Reply]
Volusianator 12:33 PM 05-13-2010
One of my best friends lives down a two mile long gravel road, so after years of riding down there, gravel really doesn't bother me. Rain on blacktop, that's a whole different story. Course...I dumped a bike doing 65mph on blacktop in the rain...so that may have a little something to do with that! :-)
[Reply]
Volt 01:15 PM 05-13-2010
My "fear" if you can call it are the tar snakes and pies. I was in a hard 90* left turn, 98* temp and nearly lost it whne the back tire slid out on a big ole tar pie. I would have let the bike down but the wife was on so I jammed the left foot down. Next time I let the bike go down, to say the least that was painful. Now when I see them, especially in the hot weather I get a little nervous. But it all comes with the territory, if there was no danger I might as well be sitting in a rocking chair at the casa.
[Reply]
HK3- 11:25 AM 05-17-2010
Went and picked this guy up last week.

...now I wish the weather would clear up a little.
[Reply]
Volt 11:51 AM 05-17-2010
Hmmm if it isn't raining, how does the bike get washed? Looks good, one of the better looking Ducati's IMO. Some have that really rough look. A set of matching red leathers and your ready to rool.
[Reply]
HK3- 12:01 PM 05-17-2010
Hmmm if it isn't raining, how does the bike get washed? Looks good, one of the better looking Ducati's IMO. Some have that really rough look. A set of matching red leathers and your ready to rool.
I'm not worried about getting wet.. My dad always told me sugar melted and sh*t floats and that I would be just fine. :-) The current tires are not cut to the outside so traction on wet surfaces is limited.
[Reply]
Volt 12:04 PM 05-17-2010
oooo yea, bad in the wet. Sounds like you have go fast tires :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 12:08 PM 05-17-2010
oooo yea, bad in the wet. Sounds like you have go fast tires :-)
I think they read "go fast in turn" tires. :-)
[Reply]
weak_link 12:56 PM 05-17-2010
Rode Sat and Sun this weekend, man I love bikes.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up