Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>A Question of Etiquette
jsnake 05:56 PM 04-30-2010
I only re-gift things I have tried or have multiples of. I don't get offended if my friends give away ones I gifted them. We all have different taste and sharing makes all of this fun.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:12 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
So I just looked into my humis and crunched the real numbers.

167 total
42 bought
125 gifted

about 75% of my cigars have been gifted. :-)
You have a 167 total cigars in your humidor/humidors? You animal! And here, I figured you were struggling to have cigars.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:13 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
You have a 167 total cigars in your humidor/humidors? You animal! And here, I figured you were struggling to have cigars.
Lol by the grace of others am I so blessed to have that many. That and I haven;t been smoking much. Saving that for our summer herfs!
[Reply]
Bax 06:16 PM 04-30-2010

167 total
42 bought
125 gifted

WOW, only 167 SEE-GARS? Looks like we might have to get a large scale bombing run together :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:16 PM 04-30-2010
By the way, thanks for all the comments.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Ogre 07:29 PM 04-30-2010
To most around here, that IS a small numbers. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 11:08 AM 05-01-2010

167 total
42 bought
125 gifted

M.J. = Moochin' Jew.

(:-) I kid you, kid. You know I love you, brother, but that one was just to easy to miss.)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:20 AM 05-01-2010
I used to do this, but in my situation, I need all the cigars I can get. In fact I'd say 80% of my entire cigar collection has been gifted to me. It is really by the generousity of this forum that I have continued to enjoy this hobby for so long. To honor that, I will never regift a cigar given to me unless another BOTL is in need. That's when my cigars can be regifted, but my gifted cigars will never go out in any maws pifs or bombs.
This pretty much the gist of it for me. Most of what I smoke was gifted to me from everyone here. In turn, much of what I buy is gifted to others here. I find a time and a place for each of the sticks given to me.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:31 AM 05-01-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
M.J. = Moochin' Jew.

(:-) I kid you, kid. You know I love you, brother, but that one was just to easy to miss.)
My friends call me Michael J. Moochburg!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:26 PM 05-01-2010
Just the simple fact of what you say, led me to believe you had fewer than that.

Originally Posted by Bax:
WOW, only 167 SEE-GARS? Looks like we might have to get a large scale bombing run together :-)
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
A large scale bombing run? Hmmm. And yes, compared to some, that is a small number. I know I have more, but exactly how many? Good question!

Originally Posted by The Poet:
M.J. = Moochin' Jew.

Yes, he is. He has moochin' down to an art form. When he is bantering, he's really moochin'.

Love you, brother.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
KiKi 02:52 AM 05-02-2010
Walt is one of my favorite people to "gift" :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 11:49 AM 02-24-2011
I was pondering this very question recently. I see nothing wrong with re-gifting. If I gave you something with stipulations it wasn't really a gift.

Now what do you all say about selling gifted cigars??
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 12:00 PM 02-24-2011
Personally see nothing wrong with re-gifting at all, selling a gifted cigar is another matter.

I have many times re-gifted cigars someone has given me if I know I will never smoke them(especially good place to gift them is to the troops)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:12 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by TheLostGringo:
Personally see nothing wrong with re-gifting at all, selling a gifted cigar is another matter.
Agreed.

I don't re-gift unless I ask the person that gave it to me if they mind. Only happened a few times.
[Reply]
SNKBYT 12:13 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
not in my humi......B4 deployment I had 3 full humi's, but I also had access to Ron1yy's shop.....the stock I now have are more than enough for me to smoke any given week

as for re-gifting......only if someone else will enjoy them more
[Reply]
wayner123 12:15 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Agreed.

I don't re-gift unless I ask the person that gave it to me if they mind. Only happened a few times.
Your positioned has changed over the years?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:17 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Your positioned has changed over the years?
Kinda, sorta. :-)

I have never re-gifted but it used to bother me when others did. I got over that pretty quick. :-)
[Reply]
Christiel49 12:30 PM 02-24-2011
I don't see a problem with re-gifting. I have not tried them all, so that has not been an issue for me :-) I have a tendency to keep stuff(not cigars) that individuals gift me. They were thoughtful enouhg to think about me so I keep it.

Cigars are ment to be enjoyed by all...... :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 12:35 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by TheLostGringo:

I have many times re-gifted cigars someone has given me if I know I will never smoke them(especially good place to gift them is to the troops)
Can you elaborate, please?
[Reply]
poker 12:36 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
I was pondering this very question recently. I see nothing wrong with re-gifting. If I gave you something with stipulations it wasn't really a gift.

Now what do you all say about selling gifted cigars??
I say no way in hell would that be appropriate.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up